Thread: Sk8ermog Project #1 - HH MAG

Cool Sk8ermog Project #1 - HH MAG

So I've been hording some pretty awesome mag ideas for far too long. So I'm making several different threads for each project so I can get some help from the AO community to improve my awesome ideas and get any help if I get stuck.

PROJECT #1: The Hungry Hungry Mag AKA HH MAG . I named this project the HH mag because when it's done it should look like 2 letter H's on top of each other and because it's going to be hungry for lots of paintballs. Also sounds like a ship's name and when this is done it might weigh as much as a boat...

The funniest thing about this project is I literately had a dream about it one night and I ended up drawing some sketches of it before I decided to make it a pump. Here are my sketches:

Step #1: Get a reverse classic AM valve. (Thanks OPBN) Put a Xmagterror valve cap on it (Once he finishes making them!)

+

Step #2: Buy a Pump Mag. Thanks to "volunteer paintball" on MCB I was able to trade my Tiberius 9 for his pump.

Step #3: Buy on Ebay an old school squeegee side-car adapter, a WWA Freak tip, 32* Single Trigger Frame (thanks I&I Sport. Had to drill out inside, but it's working great now) and AM Freak back (Lucky find). Also buy some black 10 round tubes and a 18ci tank. (STILL LOOKING FOR BOTH!)

Name:  $T2eC16VHJF4FFkiDp2F3BR3EM75g2!~~60_12.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  10.9 KB Name:  $T2eC16F,!)MFIchh)f8vBSI8r7hn7Q~~60_3.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  18.7 KB Name:  $T2eC16RHJHEFFmSwy+CfBSGqB8)kbQ~~60_57.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  15.4 KB Name:  $(KGrHqJHJBoFBSJE7k0WBS!ddKI2lw~~60_3.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  13.4 KB

Step #4: Buy 15* AM Vert ASA and drill XM15's pump kit to take the reversed 15* AM VASA.

Step #5: Buy 2X Empire Spring Feed Tubes (bought one on AO and the other on MCB).

Step #6: Have Luke (or some other inferior machinist *edit: inferior to LUKE) make my AM pump body have 2 feedtubes.

WORK IN PROGRESS.... Basically standard body cut down on both sides.

STEP #7: Powdercoat the whole thing gloss black and put back together.

Still looking for a good Powdercoater.
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 09-16-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Cool

HH MAG so far:

9/16/13

UPDATE: 9/16/13
    So far things are coming along. I know the biggest question someone will ask will be how are you going to get the balls to feed correctly in a body that has 2 feed ports. Well the trick will be in the twist-lock freak back. I'm going to make it so I can twist the barrel from one feed port to another once one tube of paintballs is done. The barrel or the powerfeed plug from the empire spring feeds will stop the balls as well. I have an aluminum cocker barrel adapter that might work a lot better then the freak back, but I'm going to try the freak back first. I already have the standard pump body that I'm going to have converted. Just need to sweet talk Luke into doing it for me. I want the body to be standard feed cause that will allow me to use elbows and put mini-hoppers on it if I want to shoot more paint. I like options.
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 09-16-2013 at 03:58 AM.

If you like this project then check out my other ones.

Sk8ermog Projects:

Project #1: HH Mag
    Project #2: Gas Through Grip Frame (DONE)
    Project #3: Angel Mag (DONE)
    Project #4: Square Mag (DONE)
    Project #5: Hawaiian Mag (DONE)
    Project #6: MicroEmag
    Project #7: Mag Rifle (DONE)
    Project #8: NanoMag
    Project #9: Double Barrel Mag
    Project #10: Coming Soon...
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 03-20-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Nice job.

Luke is an inferior machinist ?

a friend has something similar on a fox (i think)

when you put the spring feeds on, adjust one spring stronger than the other. when you feed two balls into one hole at the same pressure they will just wedge, then the L7 bolt will chop them in half

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    a friend has something similar ... when you feed two balls into one hole .....
    he he

that's pretty cool man

+1 for the use of the old school side car! I really like the idea of have 2 tubes feeding the paint. I’ve always thought there should be a way to add a "sliding pin" or something in the middle of the feed neck to block the paint. It’s the one thing I miss about the power feed setup. Nothing better than dry firing a couple shots making people thing you’re out of paint then putting one right on their goggles as they pop out

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Nice job.

Luke is an inferior machinist ?

I see how that was confusing. I edited my post.

Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    a friend has something similar on a fox (i think)

when you put the spring feeds on, adjust one spring stronger than the other. when you feed two balls into one hole at the same pressure they will just wedge, then the L7 bolt will chop them in half
    I think you might have missed the concept. The balls will only be fed from one side of the gun at a time. The twistlock barrel only has one hole so the balls will only feed in on whichever side I turn the barrel. I won't have any issues with double feeding, but thanks for your input. If your friend does have a ICD Fox like this then I would be very interested to see pics.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaggin View Post
    that's pretty cool man
    Well I think you are pretty cool for saying that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VecTor View Post
    +1 for the use of the old school side car! I really like the idea of have 2 tubes feeding the paint. I’ve always thought there should be a way to add a "sliding pin" or something in the middle of the feed neck to block the paint. It’s the one thing I miss about the power feed setup. Nothing better than dry firing a couple shots making people thing you’re out of paint then putting one right on their goggles as they pop out
    LoL I have done that a few times, but it was by accident. I didn't turn on my hopper and thought I was out of paint and so did the guys I was shooting at. I turned my hopper on right in time to take out a few of them trying to bunker me.

The 10round tubes on the sidecar are just to house extra paint that I can feed into the spring feeds if I run out. I wanted a way to carry extra rounds onto the field but not have to pocket them so I thought it would be cool to have an extra 20 rounds on the gun. In the end there should be a total of 40 rounds available on the gun. That's more then enough for a good long game or several short speedball games.

Mog whats the update on this!

I had to put it on pause to work on another project. I'm going to post a thread for my other project soon.