Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAM Designs M86

KAM Designs M86

So Ive been working on autocockers for the last 6 month. Time to come out with something that the AO Crew can use.

Specs:
    AGD Spec where it counts.
    86 degree (CCM based shape)
    Mounting for fabco MSV-2 & clippard MPA-3
    Tapped for Sleeper LPR mount Capable. The frame will be tapped 1/8NPT on the bottom but. You will have to modify the MSV-2 & its mounting plate. It will not come modified.
    Trigger included, Forward & back stop setscrews. (AGD trigger compatable)
    Frame accepts 2X emag trigger magnets above the forward trigger stop.
    Can be used on twistlock guns or non twistlock.
    Sear release hole for use on pnuemags.
    Intelli switch mounts.
    AGD Saftey compatable. (Safetey NOT Included)

I will be putting up a pre-order thread in the dealer forum within the next couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks. I always enjoy designing these.

The machine is all setup for these. Hopefully once i get the preorder going it doesnt take to long to get enough.

Also forgot these will come with the grips.

Did you finally get set up with a machining center?

Great to see more folks making stuff. I admire those who can do this kind of thing; I've just never quite had the knack for it.

One point I wanted to mention that I had in passing to Luke recently. I know this frame has finger grooves machined in which would narrow some options, but what I told Luke is that the one thing that kept me from buying one of his frames already was that it did not use a standard (CZ in this case if I remember correctly) grip mounting configuration.

I like the idea of pretty annodized aluminum panels as much as anyone, but for a marker that is for "go" instead of "show", aluminum grips are a deal breaker for me. I had a chance to try out an x-mag with some lexan grips once; they were okay, but really not my thing.

Just a few cents worth (for what that is worth).

I do really dig the addition of the magnet return.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I do really dig the addition of the magnet return.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    One point I wanted to mention that I had in passing to Luke recently, what I told Luke is that the one thing that kept me from buying one of his frames already was that it did not use a standard (CZ in this case if I remember correctly) grip mounting configuration.

I like the idea of pretty annodized aluminum panels as much as anyone, but for a marker that is for "go" instead of "show", aluminum grips are a deal breaker for me.
    A few points, personally I detest rubber and plastic grips, they just feel and look cheap and generic.
    It's like the difference between custom wheels and hub caps 69 mustang fastback.
    For me, the actual grip plays a very insignificant roll in actually firing the marker during a game.
    Designing new products around existing parts SEVERELY limits your design and gets old (for me anyway) after awhile. I actually originally designed my frame to accept rubber wrap arounds and hated the final design. Ditched the entire design started from scratch and really dig the final design.

Last edited by luke; 09-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.

will there be a double trigger design?

So it accepts CCM panels?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Doesn't appear to.

How tall is the frame?

I few points, personally I detest rubber and plastic grips, they just feel and look cheap and generic. It's like the difference between custom wheels and hub caps 69 mustang fastback.
    Then you probably would laugh if I told you that, for example, I have a care and preferences regarding the specific brand/make of rubber grip on stock AGD single trigger frames. . . and that I actually prefer the composite grip frames to the metal ones when in hand.

For me, the actual grip plays a very insignificant roll in actually firing the marker during a game.
    I could maybe see where you're coming from with double trigger frames (which I honestly have very little practice - and success - with using), as it seems to me that the grip frame itself is usually held very loosely if at all when walking a trigger in semi. . . but I could be totally off on that one. When shooting single trigger, on the other hand, and when running/maneuvering a marker not explicitly while shooting. . . I couldn't disagree more.

Designing new products around existing parts SEVERELY limits your design and gets old (for me anyway) after awhile. I actually originally designed my frame to accept rubber wrap arounds and hated the final design. Ditched the entire design started from scratch and really dig the final design.
    I can respect the challenges (technically and artistically) in designing around existing parts. I would maybe take a "glass half full" outlook philosophically in approaching it as a challenge - aspiring to greatness in spite of adversity, so to speak.

In the end, in particular if you're doing this for fun, and you really dislike some aspect of what you're working on, by all means don't do something that you aren't going to enjoy. Defeats the whole purpose of the exercise if you're not having fun with a hobby, no? I'm glad you (and a lot of others) like your results - very close but just not quite for me, unfortunately on two counts now. Guess I'll have to stick with stock parts for a while yet.

gentlemen, we could debate the merits of double triggers vs single, panels vs grips ad nauseum but it doesn't do this thread any good. if you like this sort of frame, then ask questions and possibly enter into the preorder. if not, then that's your choice, but voicing your gripes about it do nothing but stop people from attempting to add in new parts for all.

personally, i love it. not only is it good for people to take the chance in designing new things, but also to bring it to fruition. how many preorders have come and gone? how many people have talked a good game but haven't seen through to the product?

to me, other than not being a double trigger frame, which is no problem to me, i love it and can't wait to get on this.

I'm in for one.

I too personally really like the design with the finger grooves and it being a single trigger. I just don't know if I like the purple color j/k

I was looking for something custom for my pump mag and this might just be it.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    will there be a double trigger design?
    Unknown, Im biggybacking this onto the run of cocker frames that are being made. At the low production numbers if I did a "new" design then they would be much more costly.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    No they will not. To keep the pnue mountings CCM panels were not a option. Same for CZ gun grips If it can be done it increases the cost of the frame greatly.

How tall is the frame?
    The frame is the same as a CCM Autococker frame. 4 1/2" Tall

I'm down for one

Looks awesome!

Looks VERY nice and comfortable to hold.

By buddy's already made some of these for Autococker . SO here are pictures of the Autococker ones.
    Heres a picture of the Autococker version in the mill.
    http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e90cbf2.jpg

im in depending on price

machinest is looking it over right now to give me a final price for all the parts.

how much (ballpark) are we talking for one?

Nice job Keith. You know I'll be in for one.

I'm in.

I am def interested.
    Will you have these anodized? I am hopping at least for gloss black.

Is Simon machining these for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    I am def interested.
    Will you have these anodized? I am hopping at least for gloss black.
    + 1 if they come anodized...still want one of lukes singles for a my pump but getting the thing anodized is holding me back

This frame looks extremely nice; well done! Where can I get one of the cocker frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    gentlemen. . .
    Sir, no argument to be seen; just discussion. In particular, my goal was to express both my interest in this project, and unfortunately my reason for not getting on to the preorder.

I hope anyone considering the design and manufacture of parts take all our input - sometimes both positive and negative - into account when developing parts, as all such input hopefully leads to greater numbers of projects graduating from "neat ideas" to real, sellable, finished parts.

If not that, at least it may just as hopefully save designers/manufacturers the hassle, heartache, and financial burden that others have endured in the past of making stuff that sits on the shelves unsold and unused for so many years that it eventually ends up all but (or actually) metal for the scrap heap.

Again, all, enjoy the new toy coming out, and I'll just keep watching from the sidelines. Maybe at some point, my train will come in too.