View Poll Results: How many cases is best?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wuss; a true master could eliminate the entire opposing army with a single ball.

2 16.67%
  • Two cases is plenty.

0 0%
  • Three cases is better.

7 58.33%
  • You need four cases or more.

1 8.33%
  • Whoa, we need paint for Legends?

2 16.67%

Thread: Do I need more paint?

Do I need more paint?

Sooooo,

Ordered paint back in Feb, and figured at the time two cases was probably enough, but now am reading more and more and wondering if I mightn't need another.

One case got me through two days of Tunaball last summer, but this is something else entirely. I'm kinda thinking that you can always shoot leftover paint if you don't need it, but it's very difficult to shoot not-yet purchased paint if you do need it.

So what do you all think? How much are the rest of you bringing, and what do you LL vets suggest?

My thanks.

they sell more

at greatly inflated prices

normal paint prices around here is $65.00

towards the end of day 2 paint usually drops in price

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    at greatly inflated prices
    God forbid they make money during the event.

I bought 4 to be safe and given that this is kind of a special event I didn't want to limit my self to how much I shoot and I hear it's a target rich environment

Last year i shot cases.
    And 5 or 6 cases of first strike rounds.

Wow.

Guess I really underestimated it, eh?

So BT, when you say that prices come down late in day 2, what kind of drops are you talking?

Or should I not risk the bother and just get more now?

I have 3 cases pre purchased, and $ for 1 more the day of.

Once I shoot that, I'm done. Easy.

With wife cancelling i am sitting on a prepaid entry and 3 extra cases of prepaid paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    With wife cancelling i am sitting on a prepaid entry and 3 extra cases of prepaid paint.
    as in you are not going and paid for all the above? Ouch

Depending on if you get one of the Greeks to come with, I may snag one of those prepaid cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    God forbid they make money during the event.

I bought 4 to be safe and given that this is kind of a special event I didn't want to limit my self to how much I shoot and I hear it's a target rich environment
    just showing the difference in paint prices by area, I know things cost more to run in Chicago than Oklahoma, and that all fields make their money on paint sales but I am making this trip on a shoestring budget and when I run out i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    What kind of paint?? Can we transfer that entry? Find out fast cause I need to enter. Will take 2 of the cases also. Is it marb?

Presumably bbotts77 would know/be able to facilitate this.

If you wish to sell, I will guarantee purchase of at least one case, assuming Beemer takes two. I don't care what kind of paint it is. Evil is dandy, Marbs is dandy.

Let me know.

I will find out about the entry but i cant see why they wouldn't.
    Nobody had pmed me about it.
    If he does not want it than beemer
    The paint is evil.
    Daywang if you still want a case its yours.
    The greek said he is going to try but not to count on it.
    Beemer if you want the other2 that is fine. I dont know if the paint could be swapped.
    They did last year because the marb was not really breaking.
    If beemer doesnt want it than it falls to menace
    Thanks everyone.
    If the greek doesnt go i have a pull out sofa at the hotel

Yeah - I'll snag a case of it when we get there.

Both Ochsy and I can't make it this year now too. We're sitting on 2 entries and 4 cases of paint purchased through the group buy on here as well. I think we have 2 cases Marbs, 2 cases Evil. Anyone wanting to purchase those from us, hit me up!

I know CPX allowed registration transfers in years past, but I haven't called to confirm that for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Both Ochsy and I can't make it this year now too. We're sitting on 2 entries and 4 cases of paint purchased through the group buy on here as well. I think we have 2 cases Marbs, 2 cases Evil. Anyone wanting to purchase those from us, hit me up!

I know CPX allowed registration transfers in years past, but I haven't called to confirm that for this year.
    Damn dude

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Good luck with whatever ate the planned time.

this actually works out for me well. I have 3 cases, 1 for the first day, 1 for the second day and 1 for the final battle.

I plan on taking pictures for the rest of the first day into the dinner battle then the second day before the final battle.

I just got a couple of PMs on transferring paint to other members. If you purchased paint through me, you can sell your paint to whomever you would like. I will not handle the money aspect of this. Once you have the money figured out, I will need a PM from the original buyer with the new buyer's AO name and how many cases they are getting. I will then contact the new buyer to get their contact info, so I can find them next weekend.

Replying now to both Robbie and Justus.

Robbie, is your paint all claimed for certain? If so, I would like to go ahead and secure a case from Justus, if he is willing.

If not, I'll wait and purchase from you as I affirmed. But pre-registration closes tonight, and I don't know if that affects online paint sales, but don't want to take chances.

Thank you both.
    Last edited by Menace_AO; 05-05-2014 at 07:56 PM.