5 21.74%
  • Splash pattern used at the top of the screen

13 56.52%
  • Both

1 4.35%
  • I have no preference

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AO Army Jersey Design Thread (Updated)

BTAutomag, you've done an awesome job organizing this. I'm sure it's been a tedious endeavor but you've gotten it all the way here and you deserve some props.

I want to throw out some of my thoughts, and I hope you (or anyone else) don't mind. I know I'm not a super active member here on AO, but I love my 'Mags and I am excited to have a jersey representing that.

Really, my primary concern at the moment is that the jersey doesn't say "AO" enough.. The Magpie logo is awesome and super badass, but I don't necessarily think that it should be the centerpiece of the jersey. It would be cool for an AO Army jersey to put "AO Army" in your face!

Similarly, I think that instead of trashing the red star (because it really is a cool idea), maybe it could be incorporated in a different way.

I really am more of a visual person, so rather than sit here and try and type everything out, I made a sort-of mock up of my personal vision of an AO Army jersey. I hope that you aren't offended or that I'm not stepping on any toes or anything like that, I just wanted to put some ideas out there (..and I kinda wanted to play with PS).

Anyways, here's what I came up with:

In any case, thanks again for all the hard work you've put in, BTAutomag. I can't wait to have an AO Army jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by paintballa69 View Post
    BTAutomag, you've done an awesome job organizing this. I'm sure it's been a tedious endeavor but you've gotten it all the way here and you deserve some props.

I want to throw out some of my thoughts, and I hope you (or anyone else) don't mind. I know I'm not a super active member here on AO, but I love my 'Mags and I am excited to have a jersey representing that.

Really, my primary concern at the moment is that the jersey doesn't say "AO" enough.. The Magpie logo is awesome and super badass, but I don't necessarily think that it should be the centerpiece of the jersey. It would be cool for an AO Army jersey to put "AO Army" in your face!

Similarly, I think that instead of trashing the red star (because it really is a cool idea), maybe it could be incorporated in a different way.

I really am more of a visual person, so rather than sit here and try and type everything out, I made a sort-of mock up of my personal vision of an AO Army jersey. I hope that you aren't offended or that I'm not stepping on any toes or anything like that, I just wanted to put some ideas out there (..and I kinda wanted to play with PS).

Anyways, here's what I came up with:

In any case, thanks again for all the hard work you've put in, BTAutomag. I can't wait to have an AO Army jersey!

that's awesome!

DUDE!

where the hell have you been this WHOLE TIME!?

I would littereally change like 2 things with that for my vision to be complete.

I'd also like to point out it has the eclipse splash AND the website splash and it looks TITS!

Now THAT is a jersey design!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Now THAT is a jersey design!
    dayspring minght be changing his mind about this whole "not getting one" thing

Ok we have a winner. Now shut up and take my $$$

I that design could be done in a way that we could change the splash color I'd be in. Very nice design.

that will be an option. I'm using that as our draft to send to animal. having him make 1 or 2 tweaks and we'll be voting on it.

Only thing I'd change is the paint splats on the hex field. I just don't want there to be any chance of looking hit (besides I never get hit anywhere but the goggles, historically).

And speaking of Historically... Anyone have a Wang Force vector still?
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Wicked. That design is very kewl. Waiting to see the tweaks, then I may be down for one.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Ok we have a winner. Now shut up and take my $$$
    Damn slackers, I'm paid in full.stickouttongue

Suggestions:

-Put "Automags.org" in some form under or as part of the "AO ARMY" logo on the front.
    -Move the bird off the lower back. It will be hidden when you are wearing a pack. I think it should go up high between the shoulders. (Get rid of the animal logo.. they arent doing anything for free on this)... put the name right about where the birds feet would be.

..and yes get rid of the splats. That will cause issues on the field.

I'm diggin that design as well. My only concern would be the color options. Personally I'd like to keep the red to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    that actually means alot to me skip

MOTY3
    Am I the only one that is bothered that it says Magpie and not Magpies ? I like this jersey as well , maybe swap places of the Magpie bird and Animal Customs on the back? And use pgop2.O's final version of the bird with the shading and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Am I the only one that is bothered that it says Magpie and not Magpies ? I like this jersey as well , maybe swap places of the Magpie bird and Animal Customs on the back? And use pgop2.O's final version of the bird with the shading and such.
    the magpie/magpies will be fixed at animal. I agree on the logo placement as well for the back.

MOTY3
    It's been so long since I've actually played I didn't think about the pod pack covering up the lower back...good call Big E.

I wear a vest, how do you think I feel, lol

This design looks awesome! Color options are still available right?

yes, color options will be built in

MOTY3
    So if I wanted the color in this hex pattern to be different than Grey I could ? I really like the Hex patterns in here https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-Thread!/page2 posts #47 and #56 are nice.

you know I'll have them make that an option

Anyway of getting the AGD logo on the back instead of a name/number?

yes

Tweaked a few things, as per request(s).

Option #1 gets my vote

MOTY3
    I likem both , is it possible to bring the Magpies down just a little on the front of option #1...as not to hide the birds evil skull grin on the bottom...this is awesome...thank you BT for taking the bull by the horns...thank you paintballa69 for bringing it to life...I'm all in on this.

edit: If I was voting right now I like #1 the best and would not be opposed to having the bigger Star/AO Army logo you have there on the back of #1 above the name....but again awesome work...really digging this.
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 10-02-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Anything is possible! You mean the "Magpies" text, right? Not sure how the evil grin is covered, though, but I can reveal more of the tail for sure.

The bird has a hidden skull face in it.