Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: I need some advice please. SHP regs

  1. #1

    I need some advice please. SHP regs

    Im looking to buy a SHP regulator 4500psi for my mag xvalve.

    What I want is a very easily adjustable (on the fly without taking it apart With shims) 1100psi 4500 reg

    I know of two SHP regs.

    I do NOT want the Ninja SHP because it uses shims to regulate and I do not like that.

    I do not want the flatline because I have many guns and I dont want to get rid of my ASAs and find wever rails to mount the tank.

    I do like the flatline very much but its too bad it doesn't screw into an asa...

    What are other Super High Pressure regs?
    I want to find one with an external adjustable output.

    Thank you all

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Im not aware of any externally adjustable tank regulators that screw into an ASA.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,042
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Im not aware of any externally adjustable tank regulators that screw into an ASA.
    ditto

    have been looking

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  4. #4
    Well if we figure this out then we will all be better off.

    A list of all known SHP regs ever available would be a good start to finding the dream reg.


    Lets get some info.
    Thank you all

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,042
    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    Well if we figure this out then we will all be better off.

    A list of all known SHP regs ever available would be a good start to finding the dream reg.


    Lets get some info.
    Thank you all
    more specific. We can all pitch in a collectivly come up with a list of every regulator that can break the 1000 psi mark.

    and then sticky it!

  6. #6
    To start

    SHP regs

    AGD Flatline 3000psi and 4500psi
    Ninja SHP 4500psi
    .
    .
    .
    .
    What else

  7. #7
    This is a good resource for information on this topic. I dont belive any of them are screw in.
    http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint.../goodregs.html

    The Ninja reg is the only one that I am aware of since the publishing of that page.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    To start

    SHP regs
    Ninja SHP 4500psi
    Immortal Air Aura
    Guerilla Air Myth G3
    .
    .
    .
    What else
    Those ares some screw-in "adjustable" regulators capable of going over 1000psi reliably, though I like to think of them as "customizable" rather than "adjustable", seeing as you need to empty your tank and disassemble your regulator to change the output pressure. If you want the highest possible output and the easiest output adjustment, get a direct-mount regulator by AGD, Air America or Centerflag.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,042
    Luke or xmt needs to make a screw in adjustable

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Im not aware of any externally adjustable tank regulators that screw into an ASA.
    The old Nitro Duck adjustable's did. I ran one for a few years, but it would not crack 850.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    The old Nitro Duck adjustable's did. I ran one for a few years, but it would not crack 850.
    I stand corrected. However, if they won't adjust past 850, not much use in this discussion.

    With that said, I did search the Nitro Duck and came across a thread where it mentioned Rehvac as the company that made these for ND. Seems like I remember them continuing to make them for some time after and I could have sworn they offered some that were adjustable past 850. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly....
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-01-2013 at 11:08 AM.

  12. #12
    You can add in the NitroDuck iReg, which is adjustable to hit 1000 psi, but not externally.

    Again, I'm also not aware of any screw-in tank regulator that is externally adjustable up to or over 1000 psi output. I also have serious doubts that Luke or XMT would even want to tackle such a project, what with all the liability involved.


    A question, however, is why you would need a screw-in type regulator to be externally adjustable? Don't like the RONCO way of doing things? (Set it, and forget it!)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    You can add in the NitroDuck iReg, which is adjustable to hit 1000 psi, but not externally.

    Again, I'm also not aware of any screw-in tank regulator that is externally adjustable up to or over 1000 psi output. I also have serious doubts that Luke or XMT would even want to tackle such a project, what with all the liability involved.


    A question, however, is why you would need a screw-in type regulator to be externally adjustable? Don't like the RONCO way of doing things? (Set it, and forget it!)
    Based on his previous thread, he wants to control his RTing via output pressure.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    833
    find a nice used Armageddon and that's it.

  15. #15
    max-flow? i have one and its awesome. adjusting its easy and on the go if necessary.

  16. #16
    OldPBNoob that was what I was looking for a few weeks ago but that was not my concern when I posted this question.

    Also please dont take this the wrong way but coments like that contribute to a thread dying. You tryed to inform us of the situation and I cant fault you for that at all. But, it messes with the flow of the thread witch alows it to Die. ...

    We all find it very annoying when we find a thread that has the question and maybe just maybe the answer to our questions but before any real info gets started someone posts a totally retard comment.. and the post is dead

    And I recognize that i am writing the very style post I am speeking of....

    Please dont anyone get offended thats not what im trying to do.

    Thank you all automags.org is the best source of information I have ever found

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    OldPBNoob that was what I was looking for a few weeks ago but that was not my concern when I posted this question.

    Also please dont take this the wrong way but coments like that contribute to a thread dying. You tryed to inform us of the situation and I cant fault you for that at all. But, it messes with the flow of the thread witch alows it to Die. ...

    We all find it very annoying when we find a thread that has the question and maybe just maybe the answer to our questions but before any real info gets started someone posts a totally retard comment.. and the post is dead

    And I recognize that i am writing the very style post I am speeking of....

    Please dont anyone get offended thats not what im trying to do.

    Thank you all automags.org is the best source of information I have ever found


    so did you decide what you were gonna do for a tank? maybe if its in the budget 2 SHP tanks...one set for 950 and one set for 1100....would be a good option? but tha best adjustable tank reg that i have used and would recommend would be the Armageddon reg...like Nobody

    next would be the Max-flo reg like chencho said.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Then back to the question of why do you want a screw in reg that is adjustable on the fly? What's the point? There is a reason there aren't really any out there, there typically isn't a need for them.

    The reason threads like this die aren't due to posts like mine , they die due to lack of interest or because the question has been asked and answered. There currently are no screw in externally adjustable tank regs offered that reach 1100+ psi output. According to a post I saw Rehvac offered one that was screw in, but I see some posts that it would not adjust past 850 and another saying it was adjustable up to 1200 psi. Kwik said he had a couple at one point, maybe contact him and confirm the output and maybe he will part with one if it's the case.
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-02-2013 at 06:28 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Then back to the question of why do you want a screw in reg that is adjustable on the fly? What's the point? There is a reason there aren't really any out there, there typically isn't a need for them.
    to adjust his out put pressure and to use with his other markers that use a ASA...those sound like pretty good reasons and most likely the point of him asking tha question?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    to adjust his out put pressure and to use with his other markers that use a ASA...those sound like pretty good reasons and most likely the point of him asking tha question?
    I guess that would make sense if you use the same tank on markers that use high and low outputs. Guess I'm spoiled having dedicated tanks/regs for different markers.

  21. #21
    Just buy the Smart parts Max Flo reg, it's the best reg ever made, yes you need a dovetail mount to fit it to your maker but you need the same mount to fit a good asa

    It's externy adjustable from 0-1200 psi, I.e it will work with any marker you own

    You can get them quite cheap too, there just a pain in the ass to find in the uk

  22. #22
    What do you guys like or dislike about the Ninja SHP 4500 68ci?

    I know its not easily adjustable...

    I need a tank I can screw into an asa because vi dont want to figure out new mounting systems..

    I want an easily adjustable simply because it would be nice to have. Im surprised nobody made made a ttank/reg like im describing

    Anyways im thinking about getting tbe ninja shp. What do you think?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    833
    ninja tanks are decent, but have creep and suspect recharge rates. when you ask for a 1000psi output, you are not guaranteed to get it. and yes, i've checked it against 0% accurate, liquid filled gauges.

    the tank you are describing has been built. an adjustable screw in. ACI had some adjustable tanks that where screw in, but only in 3000psi. i think Hyperflow had a set off their dynaflow tanks, in 4500psi, but they were not popular(even though the tanks were incredible, IMO).

    its just that the adjustable tanks(Max-flo, Armageddon, Apocalypse & Apoc 2K, Flatline) were not screw in.

  24. #24
    Thats exactly why

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    to adjust his out put pressure and to use with his other markers that use a ASA...those sound like pretty good reasons and most likely the point of him asking tha question?

    Thats exactly why

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,721
    I always loved my mini and megareg by nitroduck. Fully adjustable. Not sure it had a cap below input pressure. And the bottles unscrewed. But still not ASA comparable. I've used fixed gun mounted tanks since I was dumb enough to get rid of my megareg. Personally though I like having a tank per gun. Never know when you may loan the guy out.

  27. #27
    I have an old tank and reg I canHydro noinformation about. Its an Air America Raptor REX. 4500cpsi.
    Its easily adjustable. Adjustment Screw on top. I have shroud and drop forward
    Is this a SHP? Super High Pressure reg? 1100psi?

    Info please.

    If it is a shp 1000+ ill get it hydroed.....

    Who does a cheap uydroe?

  28. #28
    What is the 2k apocalypse reg 4500psi? All info please.

    Is it a SHP?
    1000psi+?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    I have an old tank and reg I can Hydro no information about. Its an Air America Raptor REX. 4500psi.
    Its easily adjustable. Adjustment Screw on top. I have shroud and drop forward
    Is this a SHP? Super High Pressure reg? 1100psi?
    the SHP reg is a branding done by Ninja, and that name shouldn't be applied to every tank.

    the Raptor Rex is a great reg. it was made by Air America and is fully adjustable from 0-1000+psi. i don't know the max setting, if there is one. the reg is built almost like the AGD Classic valve. when AGD made the mags, TK intentionally didn't patent the design as well as helped other people with development of important parts that helped the industry. so with that, TK helped Air America with the regs, guessing wrongly that people wouldn't use HPA because of the costs. so TK, even though he knew that HPA was best for paintball and mags, lost out on nearly cornering the market, but not pushing it earlier in paintball's life(AGD made the first HPA paintball tank/reg in 95 or so). the Raptor Rex is just the 4500psi tank version of the Raptor tanks. they required a specific mount system as it wasn't a rail like an on/off, but an actual cradle.

    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    Who does a cheap hydro?
    go to your local Fire Department or dive shop and ask who they use to hydro their tanks. there are some companies that through the interwebs, take tanks to get them hydro'd.

    Quote Originally Posted by brassmag View Post
    What is the 2k apocalypse reg 4500psi? All info please.

    Is it a SHP?
    1000psi+?
    the Apoc 2K was the aluminium version of the regular Apoc reg which was made out of SS. the tank can do 1000+psi and has an on/off, BUT its on the unregulated side, so it is literally a pain to turn on and off. they are hard to find, as they are a gun specific tank in a huge world of screw-in tanks, just like the Raptor Rex.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,721
    Nobody. Everything you posted about the raptor and Apocalypse is dead on. And yes that on off is a PITA to turn on and shut off. I've had both. And not sure there is any cap on output pressure with them. I know they both would do 1200 and I'm sure more. I always had them set at 900. In the early 90s tom did try to push for HPA. The guys setting the rules/standards wouldn't allow it though. Deemed it too dangerous. Few years later they allowed 3k. Few years after that it appeared the pressure cap was gone. Remember the big 120ci rapters back players were using in the early days of HPA?
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 10-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •