5 21.74%
  • Splash pattern used at the top of the screen

13 56.52%
  • Both

1 4.35%
  • I have no preference

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO Army Jersey Design Thread (Updated)

AO Army Jersey Design Thread (Updated)

Pre-Order Click Here

Ok updating this thread.

this is what animal is going to get regarding the artwork:

-Magpie logo on front

-It will say "magpie" below the magpie logo and "We are everywhere" above it

-"chuff chuff" will be on your right collar

-ToTs AGD logo with hex on top of each sleeve with "Automags.org" coming down from that and "AO Army" above it

-Automags.org will also be on your left breast

-The animal customs logo will be on the top of the back (you have the option of saying you dont want it) and "AO Army" above it by the neck

-The jersey will have the old skool splash pattern on it incorporated with the hex design. will be alot like the pictures at the top right of the screen, with the players in it

-YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THE COLORS ON YOUR OWN JERSEY!!!!!!

-The back area is reserved for your name OR what ever artwork you want animal to put on there to represent you i.e. If flatliner333 wants a dancing banana and a heartbeat.

ok decision time guys, are you more into the old skool eclipse type splash pattern OR the splash pattern used at the top of the screen OR use both

for those who need an eclipse splash reminder:

Please refer to post 17 for up to date info

Ok, plans are almost complete. I have all the ducks in a row except 2.

1: I have a ROUGH idea of what it will look like and I would like your input in it before I send the template to them. I'm commissioning their artist to do the work so nothing on it has to be perfect.

2: the preorder, although I want to get your input on design before I do anything crazy like that.

This whole experience has taught me... never to do this again.

Ok, through alot of emails and around 2-3 hours of conversations with various people I have come up with this so far. it is in NO WAY a set in stone thing but there are several things that are a definate and I will list them.

1. We're dipping in the old skool bucket. Mondo from Animal is in love with 90s splash mags and the jersey WILL have splash on it. (there are represented by the crappy squiggles on the draft)

2. Hex... Hex... HEX

3. Logos... magpie, AGD, Automags.org and Animal customs logo. These are set in stone but can tweak locations

ok. I do like the "chuff chuff" and "we are everywhere" what do you guys think?

placement on things? please help

the hex pattern and location of... everything is just a place holder. dont look at my art and say "I hate that" as its my art and all it is is a "there will be a general piece of art here.

OK THIS IS THE BIG THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are gonna love this. I was inspired by the multiple color magpies on our team thread.

I spoke to animal to see if this was even possible...

he he he.

I am a big fan of the joker colors, purple black and lime green BUT you guys will be able to choose YOUR OWN COLORS at no extra cost.

so you see the crap draft below... I'm sure not all of you are purple and lime green fans. so you say you want a red and gold for example? so all the purple will instead be red and all the green will be gold instead.

so all of us will have the same jersey but in different colors.

I find that to be incredibly FREAKIN awesome.

This is just the first design and I suck at art

Name:  AO proof of concept.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  38.5 KB
    click for bigger
    I just noticed how little purple I have on it, there will be more

throw me your tweaks and suggestions. for this im just gonna stick with the purple and lime green... use your imagination for the other colors
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 10-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Lulz... Sigh. I feel for you bro. The FB post made me look to see if this still existed... Holy crap it was 11 years ago!

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ghlight=jersey

My critique of the posted design for this iteration:
    -Color options are highly desirable. I'm not Cap'n Canuck or Master Wang, therefore purple has zero appeal to me.
    -I'm also not Kai, therefore a red star is a ??? design choice. I'd suggest the AGD crest on the shoulders or one side with # on the other.
    -bring the hexes into the design better... they look applied to me right now.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

are the trapazoidal things the sleeves? the color doesn't bother me other than your green magpie doesn't stand out enough. what is your estimated cost?

Crimson and Cream would look cool.

Fred... All of your critiques... Read the first post again. And the red star thing... Have you not been around?

Vintage... What trapezoid?

Something not standing out will be covered in art when the actual artist covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Fred... All of your critiques... Read the first post again. And the red star thing... Have you not been around?

Vintage... What trapezoid?

Something not standing out will be covered in art when the actual artist covers it.
    He may have been around and STILL not like it. I'm sorry, but I'm with him in this.

The originals are still the best - which is why I'm wearing that for the game.

the two outside images on the top line

ok better critiques then.

the black circle with the red star is Toms idea and I like it. thats why it's there. there was a huge conflict with the red star earlier and I still dont know why. if enough people want the AGD logo on the shoulder rather then the AO Army crest then I'll switch it

you said to bring the hexes into the design better but I clearly said in the first post to think of all that as a placeholder for things that will go there later. all it says is that "a hex pattern will go in this yonder area"

I also pointed out that the purple and green is my thing but the color options are up to the person buying the jersey at no extra cost. you can make it pink and pastel blue for all I care, YOU have to say what colors YOU want before it will be ordered for you.

I did not state why the red star was incorporated but I figured it was well explained in many other threads that lead up to this post. I apologize for assuming our members have read the previous posts.

I also feel there is nothing wrong with the old jersey but many people have put alot of interest into wanting an AO Army/Magpie jersey. If you dont want one dont bash it please. I have asked nicely.

Fred I do apologize if I came up rash. My wife too the computer and I replied through my phone in short hand. I would actually love to talk with yout about your experience in your jersey adventures and I hope you dont see this as a direct attack on you.

Dayspring, I respect you... ALOT. I hope you dont take it in the wrong context that I feel a little put down by you. I'm sure this was a misunderstanding on my part and youre still da man. again, wear the old design, theres nothing wrong with it, Ive always wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    the two outside images on the top line
    oh, yes they are sleeves, I thought you were question something on the art itself

The difference between critique and criticism is that its a dialog. A discussion.

I should have read your first post closer. No worries bro.

Nobody's bashing on the design. If somebody doesn't like it, they have every right to voice that.

If they want to give feedback, that's great, but not required.

I assume the fonts are not the final ones and will be finalized by the artist?

true. fonts are up in the air

Depending on the font we go with we may want to consider using a border on the letters, possibly purple (or whatever color we use in the place of purple) otherwise the words may not be so easy to read

Agreed

at this point i have no preferences other than color and BT has solved that for me. i'll go with whatever consensus the forum comes up with. you could always put the AO Army logo on one sleeve and the AGD on the other or put a large AO Army logo on the back and the AGD on both sleeves. the options are endless and the opions will be also.GoodLuck

I've actually been going over this in my head.

-Axe the red stars

-ToTS AGD logo on the Arms with "automags.org" vertically down from each one

-I still want the hex and splash pattern but I want to talk to bunny about the design he used for the header

-I want "chuff chuff" on the collar, cause its a hat tip to Tom

-Animal customs logo top center on back

-Magpie logo front and center

-I kinda want to open this up for a sponser or 2. maybe have inception, bigevil, or tuna make a 25$ donation to the setup cost for a spot on the jersey (I would put this money back into the Magpie club to fund future projects like this or free stuff for people like barrel socks) I will only pursue this if people think its a good idea

THOUGHTS ON THIS?????

you could put the stars/AO complete logo on both sides of the name on the back of the jersey. i think it needs one anyway. everything else i'm good with. did not know there was a Magpie club. maybe put the name under the animal customs logo a couple of inches and use forum names.

you could put the stars/AO complete logo on both sides of the name on the back of the jersey. i think it needs one anyway. everything else i'm good with. did not know there was a Magpie club. maybe put the name under the animal customs logo a couple of inches and use forum names.
    Sticky... Topof the page

at this point i have no preferences other than color and BT has solved that for me. i'll go with whatever consensus the forum comes up with. you could always put the AO Army logo on one sleeve and the AGD on the other or put a large AO Army logo on the back and the AGD on both sleeves. the options are endless and the opions will be also.GoodLuck
    I'm the same way- Whatever the consensus is is fine by me.

The lions are going on the arms where the red stars are

I have no idea about short sleeve jerseys... ill shoot out an email

here are some more ideas for placement of logos and all that...even has tha magpie in tha backround on both the front and back:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...***VOTE-NOW***

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Shouldnt the AGD lion logo be bigger and more prominent on the back ?
    Same idea !

Can anyone get in on the AO Army Jerseys? Or are they for a team only?I would be down for one if open too others.:-) very cool looking

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    Can anyone get in on the AO Army Jerseys? Or are they for a team only?I would be down for one if open too others.:-) very cool looking
    Check team sticky top of page.

ok this thread is updated with new info

MOTY3
    I voted for the oldschool splash. I remember back in the day when the refs would scoff at anything in a jersey design that resembled a paintball splatter. I do like the splash in the header so either way is cool by me. BT you might want to be on the safe side and just go with dancing banannas

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    I voted for the oldschool splash. I remember back in the day when the refs would scoff at anything in a jersey design that resembled a paintball splatter. I do like the splash in the header so either way is cool by me. BT you might want to be on the safe side and just go with dancing banannas
    if you want a dancing banana on your jersey I can make that happen

wow, people are digging the bunny banner splash

my vote is in. i have 5 classics with various amounts of old school splash on them. but whatever the final result is i'm ok with it.