Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey artist proof thread

Jersey artist proof thread

Got the first draft of artist proofs. This was his first shot trying to fit all of my crazy in one place so he's changing a few things. This is not a final copy he's already on proof #2

Told him to try a different font closer to our draft, loose the animal logo on the front, move his logo somewhere else and make the writing on the back the same color.

Looks like he's using IMPACT for the font. You should ask pb69 what font he used.
    Thoughts in take-em or leave-em no particular order:
    -I like the side panels as they were in the other design (sans the red star).
    -To many AGD logo's
    -Would like to see the bird bigger. Wingtips at the shoulders

#2 in with updates.

The AO Army logo somehow slid down. Seriously thinking about axing the Lions on the chest.

Looking sweet.:-)

MOTY3
    He could definitely go smaller with the #'s ( I'm gunna want 3-3's ). Then he could lower the persons name a little and make the bird bigger? Is the TK quote miss quoted?

Edit. He fixed it on the 2nd one

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    He could definitely go smaller with the #'s ( I'm gunna want 3-3's ). Then he could lower the persons name a little and make the bird bigger? Is the TK quote miss quoted?

Edit. He fixed it on the 2nd one
    I'm going to be going thought that with him.

MOTY3
    The splash looks really good

Starting to get really good. Noticed that the background pattern is not centered on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    Starting to get really good. Noticed that the background pattern is not centered on the back.
    Travis is really gonna start to hate us. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0 View Post
    Looks like he's using IMPACT for the font. You should ask pb69 what font he used.
    The font used was Ore Crusher.

I think the Name/Numbers font was WAY better on the first one. The second one looks horrible.

Looks like the AO Army on the front could be a little bigger, but maybe that's just me. I hope that isn't his final design for that, though. The "AO Army" is the centerpiece of our jersey, and it needs to pop more

One of the "Automags.org" logos on the sleeves is backwards.

And as another member said a couple of days ago, if we're paying for the jerseys and the "artist", why are we also putting their logos on there?

The side panels look O.K., it's kinda hard to picture what they'll look like on there, though.

I kinda pictured him taking our design, and using his jersey designing experience to make it stronger.. Not trying to be a downer, but I think it needs some work.
    Last edited by Billz804; 10-04-2013 at 11:43 PM.

-Would like to see the bird bigger. Wingtips at the shoulders
    I like this idea, you could have a larger bird in the background behind the name/numbers. The "we are everywhere" and "magpies" would need to be either be axed or creatively moved though, which would stink if they need to be axed because I like them.

First one is definitely better of the two.

I like pb69's version of the side pieces more.

Splash is little "meh" on my taste but I guess that can be toned down with changing the colors.

For those of us purchasing a short sleeve version, how will the sleeve logos change? will it just have the lions?

MOTY3
    Just tell the poor guy. When you shoot best marker out there you want the best jersey you can get. I'm sure he will understand... maybe.

Don't worry about the artist feelings. If he's been a graphic designer for more than 20 minutes, trust me, he's VERY used to it. That is our job (well not mine anymore). I for one don't mind putting their logo's on the jerseys. Everyone was down with Blitz' final iteration so I would say lets get as close as possible to that.

Is it me or shouldn't the AGD logo be more prominent? BT will I have the option to make the AO logo bigger on the sleeves or will I be stuck with the final draft? I like tots logo and the original. Kinda want to have old/new together.

I don't mind their logos being on there a whole lot either, but I don't want to see that he's given attention to adding his own logo when the whole design looks like something that was made in high school graphic arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    I don't mind their logos being on there a whole lot either, but I don't want to see that he's given attention to adding his own logo when the whole design looks like something that was made in high school graphic arts.
    lol I wouldn't go that far. I'm assuming there are some design restrictions the we are (or at least I am) unaware of. I used to run into that allot when designing for flexo print. I'm staring at it trying to figure out what flattened it so much compared to your design. Two things I noticed; the hex pattern is now horizontal rather than vertical, the paint splashes no longer migrate out onto the hex.

Well what if we take to solid line out of the border and make the hex borders as the borders

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Well what if we take to solid line out of the border and make the hex borders as the borders
    Looks this design incorporates the eclipse splash only, not sure if that was deliberate or not. But removing the border doesn't really do anything without the "splat" splash. I should probably just quit yammering my chop. As a graphic artist there are no more difficult clients than other graphic artists. My instinct on this one is to have Travis send the template and design restrictions to Blitz804 (if he's willing) since his design was the one everyone voted for. Then he can plug the deign in and if any changes need to be made after that at least everyone is working from the same source files.

I could do it as well if both parties want to send the files to me, but I can't promise a quick turn time.

lol I wouldn't go that far. I'm assuming there are some design restrictions the we are (or at least I am) unaware of. I used to run into that allot when designing for flexo print. I'm staring at it trying to figure out what flattened it so much compared to your design. Two things I noticed; the hex pattern is now horizontal rather than vertical, the paint splashes no longer migrate out onto the hex.
    That's a good point. I shouldn't be so harsh because I really don't know about the constraints.

I just want it to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by pgop2.0
    Looks this design incorporates the eclipse splash only, not sure if that was deliberate or not. But removing the border doesn't really do anything without the "splat" splash. I should probably just quit yammering my chop. As a graphic artist there are no more difficult clients than other graphic artists. My instinct on this one is to have Travis send the template and design restrictions to Blitz804 (if he's willing) since his design was the one everyone voted for. Then he can plug the deign in and if any changes need to be made after that at least everyone is working from the same source files.

I could do it as well if both parties want to send the files to me, but I can't promise a quick turn time.
    I don't know how well I'd be able to do. Plugging pics into a small-scale template for a rough draft is easy, but I'm not too experienced with vector and all of that.

I would be happy to know exactly what his restraints are, though, so that maybe we can give him a better idea of what we'd like to see done.
    Last edited by Billz804; 10-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.

I gave him a picture of a gun and said "here"

anyways, here is 3rd proof and I really like it

and this is from me quick in photoshop
    Name:  proof blue.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  36.8 KB
    Name:  proof camo.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  33.8 KB
    Name:  proof gold.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  37.5 KB
    Name:  proof joker.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  proof pink.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  39.6 KB

Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Approved.
    are you serious? youve been against this the whole time.

I feel very accomplished right now

Gradient needs more white and less black IMO. He needs to actually rework the spacing of the text on the side panels, because all he did was remove the stars.

..And take his logo off of the front

I hate to sound so picky, but this guy is getting PAID to do this.
    Last edited by Billz804; 10-05-2013 at 01:13 PM.

I could go both ways on it

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I would suggest grey on grey for the side panels, like Billz original.
    I can live with this iteration though.

ok I actually like that too

MOTY3
    I love it ...call me happy,his logo is already on the back, replace his logo on the front bottom center with the older AGD crest and I would poop kittens with chainsaws (that means good). BT I am even good with the the bird on the back, you can see it clearly and it's not covered up with the slogan.

Edit: as long as he can fit 333 as my# with smaller fonts .
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 10-05-2013 at 01:51 PM.