42. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT!

27 64.29%
  • HATE IT!

7 16.67%
  • meh... PIE

8 19.05%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do believe... WE HAVE A JERSEY!

I do believe... WE HAVE A JERSEY!

after everything and many proofs, arguing, and alot of

this is it! this will be a 2 day vote.

love it and we print it

hate it and we see how angry we can make an artist

we can change the splash colors?

Text on the back looks good, now. Can we have the gold/tan-ish color from the splash made white or silver/light grey-ish? I think that might tie it in better.

Looks just like my splash red Xmag. Awesome!

The colors are changeable on the splash. I can post the samples I made if you wish

I would like to see a woodland camo version.

Name:  proof blue.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  36.8 KBName:  proof camo.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  33.8 KBName:  proof gold.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  37.5 KBName:  proof joker.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  39.6 KBName:  proof pink.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  39.6 KB
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 10-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.

well so far the disslike is only 1 vote strong... that person will soon be banned so no problem there.

looks very promising so far

I would think Animal could sub any pattern you wanted for the splash.

Are we talking a Camo colored splash or a woodland Camo print?

Seriously if people are voting no it would be nice to know why.

Pie is a lie.

i'm commited regardless, my only questions are can i omit/sub the numbers on the back and where can i look at the color combinations? it gets way to hot down here in OK for a dark base color if it can be changed.

I'll admit, I voted "meh". The hex design in theory is awesome, but with the black background and then all the splash options on the sides, it ends up nothing like a jersey for Automags.org and instead looks like so many other jerseys already out there. I really liked the idea when it was going to use the AO forums color palate (purple/blue slate, gray, & orange highlights), but somewhere along the way the overall scheme must have departed from that.

There's also no way I'm going to buy or wear a jersey that has swear words on it. I've got young children of my own at home, and my field has a lot of impressionable young kids there. So, that's a deal breaker there too.

Not trying to be so negative, but just giving you some honest feedback.

Vintage. The colors that will be changeable are the splash colors. I used to live in ok and I know how it feels to park 4miles from the doors to a shop cause it's the only place in the lot with shade.

Justus I'm sorry you feel that way. I will admit I had a vision but was swayed by people. Dont want the phrase? I'll remove it. I'mtrying to please everyone on the site at once. Its hard iI'd like to point out that pbn says "here's our jersey... Dont like it.... Dont buy it" what you said doesn't hurt me and I want you to know that cause I knew I wouldn't please everyone. The hardest thing for me to do is hurt someone's feelings or do something that might. Thank you.

as for a camo jersey i was on Animals website earlier today and they have 2 in their base line but i'm not sure they are available for our design. the flecktarn would be cool if i wore jerseys(this will be my first) for woodsball. BT your purple and lime green splash example looks really good.

MOTY3
    I voted love it only because there was not a "good enough for me" vote. Truth is it is not " exactly " what I would have done but it is darn close enough for me. There is absolutely know way to please eveyone 100%. we can kick this horse all day long but I believe BT and the designer have done their best to acomidate almost every request we have given them. So as far as I'm concerned hammer down just like it sits.

this was a request from swe_crazy

Name:  proof swe_crazy.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  41.1 KB

this ones using the org's color pallet

Name:  proof org colors.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  40.9 KB

Ok I Will chime in.

You having fun yet BT?????

First off thanks for all your hard work. Way to grab the horns and get ER done.

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

^^^Know who said that?

I agree with Justus.....Post 14

Ass isn't a bad word but you could change it to butt.

What is the red logo on the back under the number and WHY are there two TM logos front and back?

We are paying him for design. Is he paying US for the advertising???

I voted "MEH" cause it is just too busy.. The honeycomb is fine, but then all of the wording and the splash/camo just makes it look way to busy..

ok, I can appreciate that. with changing the colors you can do alot though

I probably should have voted 'meh'. But I just don't love it. I expected Animal to take our ideas and turn it into something awesome, and it just feels so...lazy. Obviously we aren't the graphic designer, hell I'm just a guy with photoshop. Maybe he tried to stay close to what we showed him, and if that's the case I suppose I should have put more work into MY draft.

It just doesn't feel like he did much, you know? Why are we paying him? And to throw TWO of his logos on there, on top of the Animal logo? Forget that.

BT, you've done an awesome job and obviously won't be able to please everyone. I hope you don't feel like any of this criticism or "Hate It!" is directed at you.

Honestly I just want something that feels finished. Something that I can easily explain to my girlfriend why I just spent $80 on it.

I know I'm just picky, but I don't see an $80 jersey design.
    Don't let me be the stick in the mud.

I did expect a little more but bill you showed up late in the game. I really wish I would have used a member, but I had committed myself at that point. You can read back, I tried to get help but those who would did not have the skill to pull off the task.

more importantly, with your art we still would have had to pay to have an artist make it in a printable format and scale

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    I probably should have voted 'meh'. But I just don't love it. I expected Animal to take our ideas and turn it into something awesome, and it just feels so...lazy. Obviously we aren't the graphic designer, hell I'm just a guy with photoshop. Maybe he tried to stay close to what we showed him, and if that's the case I suppose I should have put more work into MY draft.
    It just doesn't feel like he did much, you know? Why are we paying him? And to throw TWO of his logos on there, on top of the Animal logo? Forget that.
    BT, you've done an awesome job and obviously won't be able to please everyone. I hope you don't feel like any of this criticism or "Hate It!" is directed at you.
    Honestly I just want something that feels finished. Something that I can easily explain to my girlfriend why I just spent $80 on it.

I know I'm just picky, but I don't see an $80 jersey design.
    Don't let me be the stick in the mud.
    Ya what the hell..........Your work looks like you know your way around Photoshop.

If you HAVE to EXPLAIN to your girlfriend its already to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    To be honest I don't think we're paying him that much. If it was a proper design case we'd be paying him a lot more.

I feel like we need a little positive energy here.

I like the design. I'm psyched to get mine. The red/gold splash has grown on me so much that I'll probably go with those colors. If it makes the group as a whole happier to not have the "ass kicker" line in there, I won't miss it. Also I don't mind the "TM" logos one bit as they are both in an area that will be covered up by a pack for most people. The animal customs logo makes sense to me too; they are making the jersey. If one buys a Dye jersey, they usually don't complain when it says "Dye" on it. I'm wearing a Pats jersey right now (Go Pats!) and I don't mind that it has the rbk logo on it. Just sayin.

With that said I do miss the understated "Chuff Chuff" on the left side of the collar. Hopefully that can still find it's way into the final product.

BT- you're doing an awesome job moving this along. Keep up the good work!

Ok I will say this right now. The collar is not pictured and it does say chuff chuff on it. I have triple checked. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Ok I will say this right now. The collar is not pictured and it does say chuff chuff on it. I have triple checked. Lol

When designing for this many voices "good enough" is a lofty goal.