Thread: Velocity problems

Velocity problems

I am working on my friends mag it has a xvalve with level 10. with the gold spring with it turned all the way up it shoots around 225 with the red spring the best I can get it to is 265 and it wont shoot with the silver spring. because I have never had a velocity problem with a mag this is a new problem for me does anyone have any other suggestions, the valve and all orings look to ge in great shape, almost like new.

When you say turned up all the way you mean as far as it goes without venting from the rear right? I've seen this twice.
    Case a) Needed new reg-piston assembly
    Case b) Tank output was in the 550 range (should be 800 minimum with LX/RT)

Yes all the way in and not venting, not the tank it is a 1100psi out put tank, and I can try the reg piston.

what set up are you running? how much air is in tha tank being used? does tha valve have velocity problems when used on a different mag?

ptp micro emag does the same in e and mech mode, 1500psi or better every time I have tested it, and I was going to try switching valves but first I have to adjust the level 10 in the other valve before I try that.
    Last edited by Sniper Steve; 10-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Ok I have tried the valve in another gun and it works fine and I have tried a different valve in the gun and it is shooting low. so it appears to be the gun, how can I change the gun to fix that problem?

What version of PTP body are you using?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I believe it is the 2k9

unfortunately you may have one of tha MM2K9 bodies that had velocity issues? some wouldnt chrono over 250?

take a peek at these 2 threads for some good info:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ag-2k9-problem!
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...t=micromag+2k9

Yes, it appears that the 2K9 bodies had dimensional issues that doesn't allow the velocity to get very high.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Yes, it appears that the 2K9 bodies had dimensional issues that doesn't allow the velocity to get very high.
    On some bodies, not all. I just sold one shooting in the 300s and that was with an over-bored barrel to .689 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XtraKargo View Post
    On some bodies, not all. I just sold one shooting in the 300s and that was with an over-bored barrel to .689 I believe.
    Yes, they are inconsistent as to whether they work or not. Some work while others don't.