Detents, Detents, Detents... Having issues... Help.
Let me take a deep breath before I end up getting ticked off.
My Automag, since the day it arrived, has shot out every single detent I've installed. No matter how far I screw it in, it gets shot out. No matter how many o-rings I put over the detent to give it adequate spacing, it always gets shot out. It's getting old. Really old. Especially when detents run about $10 each.
I'm coming up on my eighth detent...
that's interesting, since i have never shot the original one that came with my ULE body for many years and cases of paint.
but some questions:
1) though, you should give a little leeway for the detent, it shouldn't be in as far as the screw hole will go, as it will physically effect the bolt. with that, is the body clean or has it been reanno'd?
2) are you using angel-threaded detents right?
3) have you tried a combo of oring AND some thread locker?
4) are you running 1 or 2 detents?
5) this is a ULE body correct?
6) are you running a L10?
Originally Posted by Nobody
aren't there long ones and short ones? I bought the long ones by mistake once, they are both Angel threaded
good point, there are long and short angel detents.
other than actually going with a purple or a red loctite, i really don't know. this is a conundrum.
Well, I suppose it is what it is. I've tried trial and error, and nothing's worked. I'm currently trying to order some detents from the company the makes the Sub-zero feedneck, so hopefully those should work a bit better.
These are the detents I'm currently using.