Thread: Luke's Armada Rails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Factory AGD rails:
    AM and RTP rails are different in thickness, the Automag is 0.555" thick. The RTP is 0.6422" thick. (mine are anyway)
    The over-all design is identical, the diffrence is due to thickness and the shape difference on the bottom of the rails.
    The AM bottom is designed for single screw ASA mount. It has a dovetail connection so the ASA will not spin when mounted.
    The early AM frames also have a dovetail top.
    The AM and RTP rails use different sears and sear pins.
    The RTP has a 2 screw mount ASA.

I suggest you choose the rail that you can use your current sear and sear pin with.
    If you're not sure which you have, post a picture of the sear and pin, that would be easiest.

since you already have tha rails there couldnt they all get a fore grip slot milled...that way tha fore grips can be moved forward/backwards depending on what for grip is being used as well as not having to send it back to get a slot milled later???
    Last edited by need4reebs; 10-20-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    since you already have tha rails their couldnt they all get a fore grip slot milled...that way tha fore grips can be moved forward/backwards depending on what for grip is being used as well as not having to send it back to get a slot milled later???
    I can add that for a small fee if you want.