Thread: Leak from velocity adjust hole

Leak from velocity adjust hole

Let me start by saying that the problem here is about one hundred percent likely to be my fault. I've been getting my pneumatic trigger finished for my tac one. However, Saturday I took all the unfinished trigger pneumatics off the marker and re-installed the original equipment.
    The marker now leaks down the velocity adjust hole.
    The first shot velocity is usually radically high
    After a shot or two the leak stops for a moment, but returns after a few seconds
    Shots taken after the first in a series can be relatively consistent
    If I wait a moment and shoot after the leak returns, the velocity will be very high again

I think I'll have half an hour Friday to look at this after the broodlings are in bed, any suggestions for places to start looking would be great

Thanks in advance!

Does the velocity return to normal after the first shot? Leaking from the adjustment screw is an indication that your velocity is too high.

Yes, normal speed after a series
    Chrono of 261, 270, 265 or similar on three rounds (field limit 270 for semi) then as high as 345 if a shot is taken after a pause

Ok. Type of valve? Level 10 or 7 bolt? If it's a Classic valve that you added an L10 to, it may possible have the older reg piston which cannot handle the pressures needed for the L10 to operate properly. If this is the case, you will need to contact AGD or Tuna and buy a new reg piston.

Nearly new Stock level 10 with factory ult

Everything was good in the spring, so error on my part somewhere during disassembly

So an X valve? If so, take a look at the link and make sure you have it assembled right:

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/down...oexploded1.pdf

I'll double check the ult, it is the only part that I removed or touched. Since the marker was working

That said, I had thought I just took it out and put it back. Still, it's a place to start, nothing else got touched

take your valve out, unscrew tha two valve halves and check to make sure the reg seat o-ring is in the recessed spot and not stuck in the brass reg seat? that can make your mag act up.

Is it a x valve????????????? Or a classic valve?????????.??

Ok great, two things to look into anyway

With a little luck I'll at least be able to find the problem

Sorry brass, missed your post: it's an x-valve, and quite a new one

If the velocity is spiking after the valve sits for a while, but is normal when constantly shooting, then the problem is a leaking oring, usually the regulator seat oring.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Gold stars for need4reebs and athomas

Working now

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    If the velocity is spiking after the valve sits for a while, but is normal when constantly shooting, then the problem is a leaking oring, usually the regulator seat oring.
    indeed, its reg creep caused by a leaky oring/seal in the regulator.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"