Thread: Emag tuning question

Emag tuning question

I have a Emag with Xmod 1.8 board, Emag valve with level 10 and am using a XMT body. If I use it in mech mode it shoots fine. When I put it in e-mode it shoots fine in semi, release, and hyper modes. However is I switch to any of the other modes, burst, PSP, NXL, Mil, it will shoot 1 ball then the bolt will not reset on its own. I have to push the bolt back manually then can take I shot again before the bolt sticks. I can hear the noid click while the bolt is stuck forward.

Any suggestions on what to look at first. It is oiled and as I said shoots with no problems in mech or e-mode semi.

If I wanted to put my X-valve in the gun do I have to swap on/offs?

The battery is fully charged
    Tank had about 2000psi and is outputting 850psi
    ACE is off
    Dwell is 15
    ROF is set at 25, not sure if lowering it could help
    Last edited by BLachance75; 10-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Try lowering your ROF to 15 or less and see if that helps.

Is the level 10 properly tuned? Is the solenoid plunger straight? Anything that slows down the reset can affect the operation, especially when it is being reactivated so quickly due to a forced high rate of fire as in many of the those full auto modes.

When swapping valves, you can keep the same on-off assembly, but the pin needs to be the emag pin. Are you using a 0.725" pin and while urethane oring, or a 0.712" pin and black quad oring? I recommend using the shorter 0.712" pin and quad oring.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I lowered the ROF to 16, for some reason there was no 15, took everything apart and cleaned/lubed it. Seems to be working now. I need to get a tank refilled to test some more though.

It has the black quad oring in it now, not sure on pin length. I'll have so take it out and check.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I lowered the ROF to 16, for some reason there was no 15, took everything apart and cleaned/lubed it. Seems to be working now. I need to get a tank refilled to test some more though.

It has the black quad oring in it now, not sure on pin length. I'll have so take it out and check.
    As most women would attest to, length is important.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    If it has the quad oring, I suspect it has the 0.712" pin.