Thread: Worst Paint

Worst Paint

Anyone else out there find Valken field paint to be crap?

The field I play at uses it and the last case wouldn't break anywhere except mag.

I've seen crappy paint from nearly every manufacturer.

agreed.

the only thing you can hope for is a good batch of paint. some have less bad batches then others

White river by any chance? There paint is the worst I've ever used anywhere. I actually got shot in the back by paint bouncing off a steel wall from 20' multiple times actually.

Last time I played I had a case of heat that was by far the worst I've seen. Bounces off of bare skin, even pod packs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    White river by any chance? There paint is the worst I've ever used anywhere. I actually got shot in the back by paint bouncing off a steel wall from 20' multiple times actually.
    I've heard horror stories of that place but no, new field in Greenwood, IN.

I've always had good luck with RP, but the Valken crap wasn't even round and had more dimples than a teen with acne scars.

Yah. Played a scenario there. Great fields. But the paint was so bad I wouldn't buy a second case to play day 2. All the locals said that's there standard paint quality. And your description of what it looked like fits it to a T also. Sorry to hear. Its ashame some fields just don't care.

i have shot valken fate before and had no problems with it, its just the luck of the draw with any paint really sometimes you get a bad batch but most times it is good

Valken has two grades of "field" paint: Infinity, and Echo. I haven't had any experience with the Echo, but I would not buy the Infinity. The fill turns very waxy and stains easily. It's just a real pain to clean up.

The lowest grade paint that they have which is made of 100% PEG is called Fate. I and a few guys at my field tested 1000 rounds each of Fate, Graffiti, Redemption and Redemption Pro this summer. We chose to go with Fate as the cheap paint, and Redemption as the high-grade for our field. Shooting through our rental Tippmann Alpha Blacks, the Fate did very well and was preferred over the Graffiti even.

Could I save some cash and make more for my org by providing only Infinity or Echo? Yeah. But, no. Just... no.

Justuc. Me and my wife have got to get up there to play with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Justuc. Me and my wife have got to get up there to play with you all.

Got a date for next time you plan to play. Since I'm missing the local scenario this week. Its been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Valken has two grades of "field" paint: Infinity, and Echo. I haven't had any experience with the Echo, but I would not buy the Infinity. The fill turns very waxy and stains easily. It's just a real pain to clean up.

The lowest grade paint that they have which is made of 100% PEG is called Fate. I and a few guys at my field tested 1000 rounds each of Fate, Graffiti, Redemption and Redemption Pro this summer. We chose to go with Fate as the cheap paint, and Redemption as the high-grade for our field. Shooting through our rental Tippmann Alpha Blacks, the Fate did very well and was preferred over the Graffiti even.

Could I save some cash and make more for my org by providing only Infinity or Echo? Yeah. But, no. Just... no.
    I think this is the conclusion that the owners are coming to...they get a lot of new players who may not realize the difference but when people who have been playing a while start noticing and complaining they have to take notice

Honestly, the 100% PEG paint cleans off a woodsball field with just rain and the weather. But the waxy residue left by the non-100%-PEG paint does not. Strictly from a field cleanup standpoint, it saves you time and money to go with the higher quality paint, in my book.

used Dye paint this weekend. If I ever goto an event and they hand me it again... I'll leave

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    used Dye paint this weekend. If I ever goto an event and they hand me it again... I'll leave
    Crappy paint is disappointing...sorry to hear that man.

Yea I had to swab almost 3 times a game. There was a friend who had a brand new empire defender that was shredding it. Also Mr. H from HK army had a vanquish there and it kept breaking paint too. It wasn't just a mag problem. I even heard the level 10 kick in a few times and the next shot always was a broken ball.

Are you 100% sure that your detent was working perfect? But yah. I hate horrible paint.

there's gotta be something!

Oh I'm sure the paint was trash. But in the past I've thought the paint was horrible. And come to find out my detent was jacked up. Tiny issue of not being in far enough. But that was enough to make me swab a barrel quite a bit. Then feel like a moron after the fact when I learned what my #1 problem was.