Thread: reg on shp?

reg on shp?

would one want or need a reg like a flatline, etc with using the ninja with the shp 1100?

I'm not sure what you mean... the Ninja SHP is the reg on the bottle that outputs ~1100 psi so you couldn't use a second bottle-reg like a flatline. Assuming you're using the SHP on a mag, you would simply route the 1100 psi directly to the valve. If you're using the SHP on anything other than a mag (which I strongly urge you NOT to do), you would need a secondary regulator to step down the pressure to whatever suits that particular gun. You'll have a difficult time finding a secondary reg that handles 1100 psi input though.

Ok cool. The sho is a fixed out put? Is it adjustable on the tank, like I can bump it or down with a screw?

Yes, the SHP has a fixed output that cannot be adjusted under pressure. However, you can disassemble the reg and change the spring and/or shims to adjust the output (which is still a fixed output).

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Ok cool. The sho is a fixed out put? Is it adjustable on the tank, like I can bump it or down with a screw?
    Ninja regs have shims under the reg spring. You have to vent all of the air out of the tank, remove the top (bonnet), add or remove shims, and re-assemble. The shims are fairly predictable, and it doesn't take too much effort to get to a particular pressure if you are at a field with all-day air. You don't have to fill the tank fully to check the reg. An old ASA with a gauge on it will tell you the output (if it matters).

I have a 68ci bottle with an SHP at 950 for thirsty automags, and a 45ci standard ninja at 650 for slower mags, pumps, electros and a few old mechs.

What tool r needed to pull the ref off the tank? Is there a way I can set the tank to the highest out put then run it through another reg to make it lower output? I'm just not wanting to have to tear the tank down every time I want to try different shims so t h en I could fine tune it and find out for sure where I want my pressure out put.

Side note could one use the ninja sho on a pneu mag?

Depends on the LPR being used. Most cannot handle the output of the SHP reg. IIRC, Micro Rocks are about the only ones that can.

so i cant run it through a reg to lower the output, if i wanted to? ty guys

Yes you can. You may lose the RT effect. If you're trying to control the amount of RT through I out, there was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

Sweet, any certain kind? What I need is a rail system that is removable with a quick disconnect betweet t he markers

Sweet, any certain kind? What I need is a rail system that is removable with a quick disconnect betweet t he markers
    Than why not just go with a rail mount adjustable like a Flatline or Maxflo?

What tool r needed to pull the ref off the tank? Is there a way I can set the tank to the highest out put then run it through another reg to make it lower output? I'm just not wanting to have to tear the tank down every time I want to try different shims so t h en I could fine tune it and find out for sure where I want my pressure out put.

Ninja gives you an allen wrench and a long screw to take the bonnet off with (that is all you need). As long as you empty the tank first and work on a clean table, it is pretty easy. They are made to set and forget, not adjust from marker to marker. The top is the normal ASA-pin top, which is the real attraction. It's easy to switch the bottle between markers with similar needs.

How much fill would I get off my scuba tank on a 45/45k. I have a mini tank

How much fill would I get off my scuba tank on a 45/45k. I have a mini tank
    Depends on the output of your scuba tank reg.

lol only fill it to 1k. what is the best size line to feed the tank to valve...on the marker. flatlines came in 3k and 45k right?
    Last edited by RT Lover; 10-25-2013 at 06:56 AM.