Thread: Attaching a SS hose to an older CP grip

Attaching a SS hose to an older CP grip

Hey everyone. So I am looking to put one of these on my marker:http://store.customproducts.us/index...&categoryID=12
    And I want to run a SS braided hose. Anyone know a trick or tool to use on the bottom of the grip? I think I have seen it done before, so I believe it is possible. Any and all help is always appreciated

Thanks!!

The threads on the gas through grips are the same threads as all other air line fittings. The stainless braided hose uses the same threads.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    The threads on the gas through grips are the same threads as all other air line fittings. The stainless braided hose uses the same threads.
    But the threads are recessed. The only way you can get a straight macro fitting tightened in is because they have a hex wrench slot inside them to tighten them, SS fittings don't.

Not even sure if the size would allow this to work, but this was my first thought: http://www.amazon.com/F-Bnc-Coax-Con.../dp/B0009W8PNI

If not, just use a good amount of blue loctite and twist the entire steel braided cable until you're able to catch a thread and snug it down. Then let the loctite dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Not even sure if the size would allow this to work, but this was my first thought: http://www.amazon.com/F-Bnc-Coax-Con.../dp/B0009W8PNI

If not, just use a good amount of blue loctite and twist the entire steel braided cable until you're able to catch a thread and snug it down. Then let the loctite dry.
    I have an RPG gasthru on one of my markers with a macro fitting in it. The fitting uses the same size wrench (7/16) as an SS fitting and can tell you that there is absolutely not enough room on the RPG foregrip to fit any sort of tool on the outside of the fittings. Perhaps the CP one has more room.

Edit: looking at that tool, does it connect to the hex nut or the actual crimped part behind it? If it fits the crimped part, it probably would work.
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-24-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I have an RPG gasthru on one of my markers with a macro fitting in it. The fitting uses the same size wrench (7/16) as an SS fitting and can tell you that there is absolutely not enough room on the RPG foregrip to fit any sort of tool on the outside of the fittings. Perhaps the CP one has more room.
    probably not since RPG is pretty much a rip off of cp.
    but there Is a tool for it. I need to find the name and where to get it,
    not cheap at all.

might as well go with macro.

Put and extension on the fitting. ie; screw a male nipple into the threads and a female adapter on the end so that it sticks out the bottom of the fore grip, or screw an extender into the bottom of the fore-grip. If one extender is not enough, use two to get the length you want. Then you will be able to put any stainless or macro fitting on there.

Male nipple

Female to female adapter

Male to female extender
    Last edited by athomas; 10-24-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks for the fast help everyone. I appreciate it. I will try these suggestions. But if all else dais I'll go with macro line. Anyone know where to get the ccm fittings for any less than $15 each plus shipping? They are nice but seem so steep

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Put and extension on the fitting. ie; screw a male nipple into the threads and a female adapter on the end so that it sticks out the bottom of the fore grip, or screw an extender into the bottom of the fore-grip. If one extender is not enough, use two to get the length you want. Then you will be able to put any stainless or macro fitting on there.
    Haha, that's so practical and logical... of course I wouldn't have thought of that. A male nipple extension with a female/female adapter gets my vote. It would be sturdy, too.

hey dood i have a fitting that works perfect for tha CP/RPG gas thru...here is a few pics of a RPG gas thru using a CCM fitting:

lemme know if your still needing a fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge View Post
    Hey everyone. So I am looking to put one of these on my marker:http://store.customproducts.us/index...&categoryID=12
    And I want to run a SS braided hose. Anyone know a trick or tool to use on the bottom of the grip? I think I have seen it done before, so I believe it is possible. Any and all help is always appreciated

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    hey dood i have a fitting that works perfect for tha CP/RPG gas thru...here is a few pics of a RPG gas thru using a CCM fitting:

lemme know if your still needing a fitting?
    Thanks Ben. I'll check tonight and let you know. I think I know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    Which kind of adapter/fitting is that? I'd be very interested on getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayhuge View Post

Thanks!!

yo OPBN wat you rolling your eyes for ya grumpy old fart? i kno Dan was looking for SS braided hose, and the adapter fitting works with any 1/8npt fitting. i just posted pics using a CCM fitting cause thats how mine was set up. you can easily remove tha CCM fitting and use a SS air fitting or SS braided hose. here is a pic with tha SS air fitting and tha adapter fitting on the same Gas thru fore grip that is identical to tha CP fore grip:

did you by chance need this simple lil mod explained better for ya or is it still to complicated for ya to comprehend...haha

Yes, your response was confusing. Hope you feel better now.

Yes, your response was confusing. Hope you feel better now.
    i dont see how it could be confusing...tha CCM fittings, SS air fittings, as well as tha SS braided hose are all 1/8npt threads so just remove tha lil CCM fittings and use either tha SS air fitting or tha SS braided hose.

thats really confusing stuff huh? and yeah i always feel better after helping someone else out with their tech questions!