Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: specs for XMAG...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616

    specs for XMAG...

    i'm looking for a CAD file for someone to do some xmag work i need IGES or solidworks 2010 or earlier

    anybody got what i'm looking for or know where to get it?
    I was hoping to get these soon for someone to chop up my euroxmag




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    really hoping to get these to CS900 for milling...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,399
    As far as I know there aren't any cad files for a Xmag floating around online. And as always verify everything on a file you find online.

    Ive got one half in cad but havent gotten back to it and wont for some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    As far as I know there aren't any cad files for a Xmag floating around online. And as always verify everything on a file you find online.

    Ive got one half in cad but havent gotten back to it and wont for some time.
    i thought someone might have the specific file from AGD or something they personally made... maybe simon has it???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    WWW.INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
    Posts
    3,817
    I do not. I was trying to find it also to finish my manik-e-mag modules. No luck as of yet.

    The original CAD is owned by the AGDE guys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Damn...

    Paging automag god Tom Kaye...

    I said his name he'll pop up

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,255
    John & Jackie Sosta along with John Bonich worked on the designs for the modular aluminum body. (Which they own the patents btw) Later, Simon "Manike" Stevens worked on the CnC version of the Xmag. AO liked the CnC design so much Tom Kaye decided to work with AGDE and create a run of 400ish guns.

    I would try to contact either John about it. I really doubt they want their designs floating out online for anyone to make though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    John & Jackie Sosta along with John Bonich worked on the designs for the modular aluminum body. (Which they own the patents btw) Later, Simon "Manike" Stevens worked on the CnC version of the Xmag. AO liked the CnC design so much Tom Kaye decided to work with AGDE and create a run of 400ish guns.

    I would try to contact either John about it. I really doubt they want their designs floating out online for anyone to make though.
    i guess i'll try to find one of these peeps then... this file was for Cliff "CS900" from PbMetalmods, he says if i can get him the CAD it will make it easier (cheaper) for the custom work i'm getting done

    Bunny would you have contact info???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,255
    I'm actually interested in the CAD as well so I will do my best to find it. I have 2 unfinished Euro Slugs that need it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm actually interested in the CAD as well so I will do my best to find it. I have 2 unfinished Euro Slugs that need it.
    let's do a group send to Cliff and get some custom xmags

    1. rukh
    2. Bunny
    3. Bunny

    ...



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,115
    im in just need a non cnc xmag body now. hmmm. shouldn't of said no thankyou to tunaman.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,788
    Some free time,



    and 'SHAZAM' you have a CAD file! stickouttongue

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    some free time,



    and 'shazam' you have a cad file! Stickouttongue

    exactly!!!!!!!!! Thats how everyone else does it!!!!! Lol
    Takes some know how and allot of time!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,399
    I could model it up for you but it wouldn't be free. I see several (or more) hours of measuring & modeling there. Then a few hours double & triple checking everything.

    Also DO NOT take files you find from the internet and use them without checking them. Ive looked at many files posted all over and found that a large amount are not correct. Often close but not correct. Last thing you want it to find that out while cutting a xmag.

    I check everything even when it comes from trusted sources.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 01-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,788
    For sure, personally I could easily burn up at least 2 days engineering that, but I tend to be pretty picky on getting everything exact.
    I agree on the free files floating around, I've gone over a few with sad results. I generally find it best just to start from scratch.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I generally find it best just to start from scratch.
    that's what im doing with all my parts
    I have a way less expensive way to make prototypes, then most here on the forum.
    so I guess im lucky in that aspect.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    I had a feeling this would be the case...

    Due to recent events I might not be able to go through any projects for a while, I'm feeling lost I guess

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    that's what im doing with all my parts
    I have a way less expensive way to make prototypes, then most here on the forum.
    so I guess im lucky in that aspect.
    That's all retaliative, my prototypes cost me little in monetary terms too.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,956
    We never had the cad models over here. Sosta and Simon did all of that in England.
    AGD

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    That's all retaliative, my prototypes cost me little in monetary terms too.
    yeah that was kinda dumb of me to say. its the time that costs the most

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    yeah that was kinda dumb of me to say. its the time that costs the most
    Lol, no worries. But yea, paying a shop to do it for you is pricey, if you own the shop and are making parts for yourself it's a different ball game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •