Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: classic valve - how to lighten the trigger pull?

lol, go look at my rt repair thread then

I tried at ULT in my classic valve. It dry fires great in my apartment. Any problems with a ULT in a classic valve?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    RT on/off with a .740 pin. That is the EXACT pin that is in the Centerflag on/offs and works great in classic mags and as a substitute if you want to put a hyperframe on your classic as well.
    I need to remember this. I may do this someday.

Im a fountain of information. Not just eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    I tried at ULT in my classic valve. It dry fires great in my apartment. Any problems with a ULT in a classic valve?
    They can be hit or miss. The return pressure on a classic is about 300-400 psi LESS on the on off pin on a classic valve and with the smaller diameter pin can sometimes cause short stroking. They work ok, but jam as many shim in as you can so that pin can clear the oring as fast as possible.

They can be hit or miss. The return pressure on a classic is about 300-400 psi LESS on the on off pin on a classic valve and with the smaller diameter pin can sometimes cause short stroking. They work ok, but jam as many shim in as you can so that pin can clear the oring as fast as possible.
    This failed on the field today. Guess I'm going to have a buy another RT ON\OFF. I've got a collection of non-RT ON\OFFs!

if you have tha reactor on/off use that...it worked tha same as a RT on/off in a couple of classic valves i had in tha past.

So did anyone ever make an RT on/off that was shim-adjustable?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

AGD did, all of them.

You can put shims between the bottom and top halves.

Huh, didn't realize that. It's been so long since I saw the inside of my X-valve that I'm like a lost tourist when it comes to RT's.

I'll have to check that out then... Just dropped an RT on/off in a classic, and it definitely makes a difference. That plus the LX bolt lightens the trigger significantly. Should probably figure out a way to put numbers to that...

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Huh, didn't realize that. It's been so long since I saw the inside of my X-valve that I'm like a lost tourist when it comes to RT's.

I'll have to check that out then... Just dropped an RT on/off in a classic, and it definitely makes a difference. That plus the LX bolt lightens the trigger significantly. Should probably figure out a way to put numbers to that...
    That would be a cool screen name: "X-Valve Tourist" Do you mind if I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    That would be a cool screen name: "X-Valve Tourist" Do you mind if I use it?
    $5

ololol j/k