Thread: question for you cocker guys

question for you cocker guys

what are some example of the shortest cocker(from factory) with removable feedneck?

shortest from wgp? or other places?

i listed some examples but there are alot more.

shortest full block = anything minied ( 03black magic, dye ultralight)

shortest wgp = minied midblock( 06 black magic)

shortest you can get is midget'ed( front is minied and back is cut flush with frame) normally has issues with spring pressures.

Did some come minied or midblocked? I thought that was something you had done?

These were factory made.

With a full body, you do have to have it machined into a mid or half block...but some came from the factory built that way. The 05/06 Black Magic (above) is an example, but there were others - like the Jole, some Karnivors, Racegun Halfblocks, and others.

As for mini's - a Worrlock for instance was a factory mini'd version of the pre-05 Black Magic.

Worrlock:

Black Magic:

Here's a pic of one that has been mini'd, midget'd, and half blocked.

This is what the one above would've looked like before all the cutting.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 11-05-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Racegun Halfblock bodies are shorter than factory by about 1/2''

Racegun body on top of a normal body with all screw holes aligned.

I don't understand the full body vs. mini debate when it comes to length. With a barrel on, I can't see how it matters, outside of an aesthetics thing. That said, I do prefer mini, because it's easier to switch between pump and semi and keep everything timed. To take real advantage of length savings, you'd have to midget the body. That gets tricky though, without an MQ

the overall length of the gun to the barrel does not change for the mini but the feel is a bit different. its like comparing an axe and a mini.they have the same design but one is longer than the other. if i had to build a cocker now i would have a midblock done on probably a 2k2 body. less mass moving and you dont have to look at an ugly sled.

the removable feedneck bit is the tricky bit honestly. like Xmags, most good cockers were made before modern clamping feednecks.

the empire resurrection is a halfy, and has a great feedneck. bit pricy though.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the removable feedneck bit is the tricky bit honestly. like Xmags, most good cockers were made before modern clamping feednecks.

Correction, the resurrection is a MIDBLOCK.

thanks guys, im looking to build a mech cocker in the near future...nothing too crazy...most likely pick up a black magic and build it up from there...guess im going to have to lurk customcockers more often

All of mine have threaded feednecks...the oldest is a 2k1 or 2k2 Black Magic.

Or do you mean removable in a different way?

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    All of mine have threaded feednecks...the oldest is a 2k1 or 2k2 Black Magic.

Or do you mean removable in a different way?
    cockers have been made since 1992 ... so LOTS of cockers got made before 2k1.

cockers have been made since 1992 ... so LOTS of cockers got made before 2k1.
    True...but it seems like most custom builds these days are with "newer" cockers. Just thought the OP should know that many of the 2k+ cockers do have threaded feednecks that can be replaced.