Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AO picnic table deficiency

The AO picnic table deficiency

For LL7 they are RADICALLY changing the boundary area. I dont know many specifics YET but I do know that one of the boundaries is going to follow the entire length of the road and the CURRENT staging area will be ALL play area. Sean is alos planning on over 2500 people showing up at the event. Skip was nice enough last year to rope off 8 picnic tables for our use but I expect picnic tables to be a luxury at LL7.

I do plan on getting there a day early with fence posts and rope and making a fenced off AO Area but with tables at a premium I would suggest people to bring their own chairs and IF POSSIBLE a table to share

our area wont be hard to miss... our presence will be known
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 11-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.

MOTY3
    Tables check, chairs check check....Easy Up...check.
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 11-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Wow, opening up that entire area will make a pretty interesting difference! Will also take away most of the shaded areas that people used mostly for staging. Hopefully, someone is going to be able to come up with a tent or something?

If I have room I will bring 2

added the map how it was described to me by sean

Cant say im too suprised. Using the road as a boundary eliminates ANY doglegs that impede play. Will be nice in that regard. However, as OPBN stated that area was great to get shade and a breeze.
    I'll do the best I can to help with tables, either by bringing some, or jacking as many as I can when Sean and Paul arnt looking....
    As for shade, that will be a problem for sure.

skip do you want to coordinate this with me. Ill get together with sean and find out whats possible for us and you and I can fence off an area and hang banners and stuff, I'm bringing my own fence posts thursday afternoon, lol

this would be a lot to ask, but if someone were local to the field and wishes to do the team a solid, go to a party supply store and see what it would cost to rent a half dozen or so tables(or more). i would put up a post to claim tables, figure 2-4 people to a 8' table comfortably. that would save the picnic tables for the field, and we can truly save space for those of us driving. we can tape them off(police tape or danger tape is great for it) so that our tables and area are ours.

chairs are small enough that we can bring our own.

love the paint sponsorship. BTAutoMag, i'll buy you a beer for that. better yet, i'll have Bunny do it, cause he drank all my beer at Tunaball7.

i've never drank a beer. coke is good

you can always check into a commercial tent rental, they can't be too high since most of the fireworks stands around here have gone to them, the same can be done with tables but i know their kinda pricey. of course if you did get a tent you have to figure out how to pay for it.

Lol. We could just setup a donation fund for it. Have someone local handle it. I kinda wanna do a proper cookout. With a pig on a spit.

no beer, but coke is good. how the hell do you keep up with a mag habit and helping poor south american workers in the coca fields?

MOTY3
    I could bring caution "radiation area" barricade .

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    no beer, but coke is good. how the hell do you keep up with a mag habit and helping poor south american workers in the coca fields?
    hey, nobody's perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    I could bring caution "radiation area" barricade .

That reminds me of a stunt I employed for a big game way back in the mid 90s. We had a handful of some home made trip wire land mines that we were allowed to use. I printed up signs on yellow and red paper that said "Caution - LANDMINES" and "WARNING - BOOBIE TRAPS" and put them all over the field. We put the landmines near the other teams respawn.. and after a little while the other team would stop dead in its tracks everytime it came across one of those signs on the field.

no no no... "Caution: LAND MINES. Courtosy of the AO ARMY""

If mines are allowed we should do this

checking. although the rules are on the LL7 website

the only thing I see on the rules is "no unbreakable trip wires"

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    skip do you want to coordinate this with me. Ill get together with sean and find out whats possible for us and you and I can fence off an area and hang banners and stuff, I'm bringing my own fence posts thursday afternoon, lol
    Yup, we can do this.

I also thought of the tent rental from a party supply store. Maybe that yet to be finalized CPX 'sponsorship' can be a AO party tent that CPX sets up for us? They may go for it since the staging area has been taken away..... thoughts? I think the tent is most important, chairs people can bring, and tables some of us can bring, and we can also get as many CPX tables as allowed.

MOTY3
    We could print up some fake $ bills with TK's face on it, Courtesy of the AO Army, In TK We Trust...etc. We could spread the bills across the ground in an open area with shooters hidden on both sides then when the enemy stops to pick them up we ambush them with cross fire.

mother of god

Yessss, land mines and ambush areas how does it get better?

Keep it coming guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    We could print up some fake $ bills with TK's face on it, Courtesy of the AO Army, In TK We Trust...etc. We could spread the bills across the ground in an open area with shooters hidden on both sides then when the enemy stops to pick them up we ambush them with cross fire.
    We'll need about 1000 of those AO Membership cards that come with the LVL 10 kits. We can use those too LOL

I never got one with mine... although it was one of the first 60 off the line

MOTY3
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 11-06-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner333 View Post
    this

I was kinda thinking of doing a skeletor thing and bringing a AO Army cutout and paint along

MOTY3
    The press is rolling...Surely I wont get in any trouble for this...

Last edited by Flatliner333; 11-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Hahahahaha.