Thread: Clear ano question

Clear ano question

If I were to get a raw polished body anodized without any color, would it still have a nice polished look to it or would it dull a bit? I've seen some spectacularly glossy colors, but I don't think I've seen a nice shiny clear ano job before. I'd like to keep my aluminum minimag and RT Classic bodies with the nice polished look, but the maintenance is a bear. Anyone have any gloss clear pics?

You would still be able to have the polish. The ano guy likely will mirror polish it up before ano.

It does get a little dull. It is definitely not a mirror finish. I can try to get some pictures tomorrow to show mine. Perhaps getting a clear powder coat would be better but I don't know.

best option for you would be to ask Caustic Customs....he would know for sure.

What about just using something like Sharkhide?

You can get a really nice shiny anodize finish, but it has to be done by a professional with the proper tools. It requires an acid dip immediately prior to the anno bath. The required acid dip is very dangerous because it gives off toxic vapors. Immediately following the bath, the part needs to be cleaned and then anodized quickly to prevent normal surface oxidizing that naturally occurs on aluminum. In order to perform these processes, the anodizer needs very controlled work areas and heavy duty equipment, which eliminates most back yard anodizers from the equation.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

If you want to have it polished and sent up here I can put a 100% gloss crystal clear on it. The clear I use is so glossy it looks wet.

Ignore the dust on this, it was windy that day

[QUOTE=PrecisionPowder;2844869]If you want to have it polished and sent up here I can put a 100% gloss crystal clear on it. The clear I use is so glossy it looks wet.

do you have any pics of tha crystal clear that your talking about?

[QUOTE=need4reebs;2844874]
    Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    If you want to have it polished and sent up here I can put a 100% gloss crystal clear on it. The clear I use is so glossy it looks wet.

do you have any pics of tha crystal clear that your talking about?
    Its on both of those items, I don't often use it over plain polished parts but I can figure out a way to show you on a chrome tube this week

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    I like this idea. It sounds a lot less expensive than my other option.

That Karta body gun is mine and I can attest that it truly does look wet and about 3" thick. Its a great gloss and durable.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    I like this idea. It sounds a lot less expensive than my other option.
    It probably is, I am not sure what your current quoted price is but I feel like this will be significantly less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    That Karta body gun is mine and I can attest that it truly does look wet and about 3" thick. Its a great gloss and durable.
    I loved that gun, its so glossy I could take a picture of myself in it. Damn dust though shows right up on it