Thread: New Xmag owner

New Xmag owner

So I just bought an Xmag...I'm stupidly excited.
    I'm aware the ace in it doesn't work, that's it's own situation.

Is there anything I need to know about Xmags? I own an Emag as well.
    What holds the breach in place? the barrel?

Thanks in advance.

PyroFiend

the bolt holds the breech in place.

there isn't much difference between an Xmag to an Emag, except for the body of course. BigEvil, Bunny and other Xmag owners know more about them than i do. i look and fondle, but never owned. but you don't do anything different to an Xmag compared to an Emag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    i look and fondle, but never owned. but you don't do anything different to an Xmag compared to an Emag.
    Except fondle them.
    Forest Gump of paintball

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    the bolt holds the breech in place.

there isn't much difference between an Xmag to an Emag, except for the body of course. BigEvil, Bunny and other Xmag owners know more about them than i do. i look and fondle, but never owned. but you don't do anything different to an Xmag compared to an Emag.
    So nobody but yhe bolt does not hold the breech. The barrel holds the breech in place

The lowers are the same as the emag
    The ACE is not really needed as long as you lvl 10 is set up correctly
    Find the board and you can ban me for life

Dont over tighten the sear bolt or youll get a curious bump on the other side

that's my wealth of knowledge on xmags

the threaded ring that is in the body, (you can see it when you take the breech out)
    there in a set screw holding it in place(which can be accessed from the underside of the body),
    so that it doesn't back out. make sure that the set screw isn't smashed into the threads of this ring.
    I took my set screw out and cut a fat piece of an oring and put it in the hole, then reinstalled the setscrew.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Dont over tighten the sear bolt or youll get a curious bump on the other side

that's my wealth of knowledge on xmags
    This is excellent advice! That's the first thing I look for when I'm inspecting BST listing pictures.

Welcome! Feel free to add your name to the Xmag Owners list. If you are familiar with E-mags, you should be okay with an Xmag. Most of the ACE boards have fried over the years, but it seems like a properly tuned lvl10 is fine for the Xmag. Tunaman is your go to guy for parts you need or software to be upgraded to Xmod.

Make sure you screw a barrel onto the breach or the breach will fall out of your xmag.

I suggest taking a look at the tech guide.... http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/xmag/

Well I didn't have a spare on/off ASA to plumb onto it so it'll have to wait until next payday. The gentlemen who sold it said it fired just fine before he shipped it and I have no reason not to believe him. I've gotten pretty good at dinking with the level 10 on the Emag. I've emailed Tuna a couple times to get the updated software for the Emag but no luck yet. I'd love to get the ACE fixed so it's a "complete" marker. I'll try to report back in.

Bunny, it's on my list of things to do. I'll be poking and prodding for info as I go. Hopefully I get this all done before the Torque.

if you don't ask questions, then you never learn anything. people will learn that Nobody knows everything, figuratively and literally...

and are you sure the eye is not working? i do know that you can control the eye sensitivity on the board. so if it's adjusted out, it may not "work" but still functions. but, having a "complete" gun is nice, but you'll be faster without the eye, but more efficient without the L10. go figure...

enjoy your Xmag!

The gentleman who sold me the gun said the wiring needed to be replaced in the ACE.
    I'm not a super fast shooter, I don't need to send a wall of paint to try to get somebody out. I rarely even play with pods, usually it's just hopper ball for me.