Thread: Just picked a leaky old mag!

Just picked a leaky old mag!

Hey guys,
    So I'm a cocker guy, but I just picked up a leaking old mag a few days ago.
    It's leaking from where the valve and regulator screw together, from the rear, and down the barrel.
    If I pick up an oring kit from tunamart, is this something I'll be able to fix myself?
    I like the feel of this gun, but the trigger was super heavy from what I can tell while it was gassed up.
    How much lighter would it be with an xvalve with a ult?
    Also, can I still buy an rpg viperblade trigger?
    I might be getting hooked on these!

there is a noticable difference between the classic on/off and the rt on/off but a really big difference with the ult.

,welcome to our horribly addictive family, what's your location?

I suspect the regulator seat oring is also bad, which is why the trigger pull is really heavy, and also why it is leaking out the back. Once you give everything a good cleaning and replace the orings, you should be good to go. Don't forget to change the bolt spring as well. It is a consumable item, so it does wear out and will cause the valve to cough and leak out the front when you are shooting.

Mags are really easy to fix. Most problems can be fixed with a good cleaning and maybe replacing an oring.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I'm in Austin, TX.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a video on oring replacement?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    I suspect the regulator seat oring is also bad, which is why the trigger pull is really heavy, and also why it is leaking out the back. Once you give everything a good cleaning and replace the orings, you should be good to go. Don't forget to change the bolt spring as well. It is a consumable item, so it does wear out and will cause the valve to cough and leak out the front when you are shooting.

Mags are really easy to fix. Most problems can be fixed with a good cleaning and maybe replacing an oring.

youtube "tom kaye's tech tips"

there are a few members in your area. I think Ruhk's even down in Texas this week.

up in the links at the top of the page click on tunamart and buy a rebuild kit, replace every oring. after you get it shooting properly play a few games with it and tell us where you want it to be improved.

youll then be inducted into the endless cycle of the automag breeding ring

I'm in north austin man, give me a shout I can help you out. Joseph. 512-970-4099