Thread: how do you tune and maintain a automag and fix a leaK?

how do you tune and maintain a automag and fix a leaK?

Hello all, I am not a new mag owner, however, i am new to automag issues.

to start i have a tac-1 (xvalve, lvlx) for the last year and a half, it has shot flawless with little or no issues...just squirt gold cup in the asa and wipe down the bolt every now and then

recently i installed a ult kit, worked good for the first 3 weeks but then the gun started to leak, goes away if you hold down the trigger....(thoughts? i have a rebuild kit and replaced the power tip oring but still leaks occasionally, is there a break in period on these orings?)

secondary if someone can walk me through how to properly maintain an automag...how often do you do it, what do you do...ect. Also, if someone can break me down to a basic troubleshooting

It would be awesome if someone made a block diagram from troubleshooting leaks like "hold trigger, leak still present" and a yes and no path...

Thank you for all of your help

Quote Originally Posted by jakethesnake0329 View Post
    recently i installed a ult kit, worked good for the first 3 weeks but then the gun started to leak, goes away if you hold down the trigger....(thoughts? i have a rebuild kit and replaced the power tip oring but still leaks occasionally, is there a break in period on these orings?)
    If the leak stops when you hold down the trigger, then the problem is in the power tube. Power tube tip o-ring doesn't do anything else except keep the tip from unscrewing during use. So the problem is most likely in your lvl 10 carrier or the o-ring. Check the o-ring for any damage. It might also be that the o-ring has worn down enough for you to need to change to the next smaller carrier.

Here's more on tuning your lvl10

If you have shims installed in your level 10, remove them. The leak may go away with just that one change.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.