Thread: CL: Oh Pawlak Automag $350obo (TX, Austin)

CL: Oh Pawlak Automag $350obo (TX, Austin)

AO: I think I spotted an Oh Pawlak automag on CL. I messaged the guy and he is mainly interested in dealing locally. It should be all original except that it is missing the green sticker on top of the valve.

http://austin.craigslist.org/spo/4196395385.html

Here is a refresher about Oh Pawlak Automags.....

Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag

(Editors Note: As you probably already know, Oh Pawlak is one of PCRI's Contributing Editors. Evaluating one of his products could be seen as a conflict of interest. Having told you that, we've decided to do it anyway. We just wanted you to know where we are coming from. The Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag is an excellent selling paintgun, so we felt it was necessary to evaluate it...good or bad. If you believe this article may be biased, then my advice to you is not to read it.)

The Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag is a fully upgraded tournament ready paintgun. For $695, the Oh Pawlak Automag comes with an add-on Power-Feed, 45- grip frame, vertical-bottle adapter, custom spiral-driller barrel, quick-disconnect, eight-hole modification (valve body), polished main body, and is "splash" anodized in a choice of colors.

Design/Construction: The Oh Pawlak Automag is seventeen-inches in length and weighs two and one-half pounds. The polished main body has five machined grooves and three holes to give the gun a unique look. The frame rail, 45-grip frame, Power Feed, vertical-bottle adapter, and barrel come with a gloss splash anodized finish.

Internally, the Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag comes with the "Pro-Mag" eight hole valve modification. In theory, this allows the gun to recharge faster when rapid firing. Other than that, the Oh Pawlak Automag is internally identical to the stock Automag.

Design/Construction rating (4)

Accuracy

PROCEDURE: With a securely bench-mounted gun, we fire 200+ rounds of paint (four brands) at four target distances. At 100 & 125 feet, the target size is 22" x 22". At 75 & 50 feet, the target size is reduced to 8" x 11". All accuracy testing is performed indoors at 60 - 80 degrees (f). The gun is re-sighted at each target distance change. For this accuracy test we used RP Scherer "Premium Gold", "Marballizer", Proball, and Zap Advantage paint.

At a target distance of 125 feet, the accuracy ratios were 61% for Premium Gold, 64% for Marballizer, 59% for Proball, and 57% for Advantage. At 100 feet the ratios were 72% for Premium Gold, 71% for Marballizer, 73% for Proball, and 69% for Advantage.

With the reduced target size, the 75 foot ratios were 56% for Premium Gold, 59% for Marballizer, 60% for Proball, and 51% for Advantage. At 50 feet, all ratios improved. Premium Gold hit the target at a rate of 90%. Marballizer's ratio was 96%, while Proball and Zap hit the target at a rate of 98% and 94% respectively.

Observations: All performance testing was done using a twenty-ounce C02 tank. We got 830 good shots from a full tank shooting in the 280's (fps). Using a Pact chronograph, we could fire 7.1 - 7.6 shots per second. Like the standard Automag, the Oh Pawlak Signature Series version does not shoot through liquid C02 well. The gun comes set up for vertical C02 so liquid is not usually a problem.

During field testing we had about one ball break per 1,000 rounds. Although the add-on Power Feed is better than the standard Automag feed tube, it is not as effective as the Power Feed main body.

Performance test rating (3)

Versatility: The Automag is one of the most versatile paintguns available. The Oh Pawlak version is no exception. There is an array of add-on aftermarket accessories available for the Automag. There are many barrels, grips, etc. accessories that can be purchased for this gun. The Oh Pawlak Automag is easy to convert to high pressure gasses such as nitrogen and compressed air as well.

In addition, when ordering an Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag, you can specify what configuration you would like (bottom-line, vertical bottle, etc.).

Versatility rating (4)

Customer Service/Support: The Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag is still under warranty from Airgun Designs. Airgun Designs offers one of the best customer service departments in the industry, supporting their product line at tournaments and special events world wide.

Customer Service/Warranty rating (4)

Price: At $695 retail, the Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag is one of the lowest priced tournament ready paintguns. If you bought this gun piece by piece, it would cost you about $850- 900 (including the splash anodized finishing).

Price rating (4)

Conclusion: The Oh Pawlak Signature Series Automag is a very good paintgun at a very fair price. It performs well, looks good, and comes with almost everything you need to play tournament Paintball. If you are in the market for a top-notch paintgun, give this one a look over.

PCRI IS PLEASED TO AWARD THE OH PAWLAK SIGNATURE SERIES AUTOMAG OUR FOUR STAR SEAL OF QUALITY.

I can remember wanting one bad back in the early-mid 90's when they came out and he was in every AGD magazine and PSI..."Oh..the pro you know" or something like that.

Man!
    I live in Austin and saw that mag on craigslist today!
    I didn't know it was an Oh Pawlak mag but when I was in middle school I was about to play in my first "tournament" and wrote to Oh Pawlak for advice about it. He told me to know the field and know that the player is what counts. That brings me back...

What would be a fair price to offer on this?