Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 181 to 202 of 202

Thread: Virginia

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    Not sure how many Virginians are still reading this, but I'd love to meet some of you at the next one!
    I've been watching your posts, but our timing hasn't synced up yet. Well, that and the fact that I play mostly at my church's private field in Fredericksburg.

    If anyone is interested, I could host a game there sometime.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    1,260
    I'll try to watch this forum/thread better. Still playing but only every other month or so.

    Mech only, either the cocker or the mag

    I'll make it down to SplatBros for one of these meet-ups.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Rawbutter, I'll speak for myself and my brother and say that we would be happy to come out and play with our mags!

    Ill post up when I find out the date of the next Mech Day at Splat Bros as well.

    I'd really like to hit up a few out-of-town fields this summer.. maybe Skyline, Pevs, or the Swamp.. anyone played at any of those before?

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    I'd really like to hit up a few out-of-town fields this summer.. maybe Skyline, Pevs, or the Swamp.. anyone played at any of those before?
    I've only been to Warplay in Orange county, and it was pretty fun. I haven't been to Pevs or Skyline, though. I generally try to avoid traveling north on I-95.

    I'll let you know next time we're playing. It will probably be in mid-April. Fair warning, we have some unusual house rules on our field. We play hopper ball, mech only, and every hit counts. But it's lots of fun that way, and the new players don't feel overwhelmed.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Fair warning, we have some unusual house rules on our field. We play hopper ball, mech only, and every hit counts. But it's lots of fun that way, and the new players don't feel overwhelmed.
    Sounds like fun to me. My brother is a newbie, and I only like playing with my mag, so that all sounds great.

    DefInitely keep us posted.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    Sounds like fun to me. My brother is a newbie, and I only like playing with my mag, so that all sounds great.

    DefInitely keep us posted.
    It looks like the next game will be April 21st at 2:00-6:00 or so. PM me for details.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    It looks like the next game will be April 21st at 2:00-6:00 or so. PM me for details.
    We had to move this game up to 10:00 AM on Saturday. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    We had to move this game up to 10:00 AM on Saturday. If anyone else is interested, send me a PM.
    Had a great time playing today, thanks again for the invite!

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the group W bench
    Posts
    287
    Going down to Stone Wall this Saturday the 28th for the Armageddon scenario.
    First time out to play this year.
    Yay!
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    How'd it go, Jim? I've never played in any big games, but they seem like a lot of fun!

    The next Mechanical paintball day at Splat Bros is set for EDIT: Saturday, June 2nd! I'm planning to go play, and I'd be happy to hang with any other mag shooters!

    If anyone would be interested in getting a game together before the 26th, I'd be happy to round up my old high school buddies with their tippmanns!
    Last edited by Billz804; 05-17-2018 at 08:37 PM.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the group W bench
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    How'd it go, Jim? I've never played in any big games, but they seem like a lot of fun!
    Actually, it went quite well for the other team.
    I think 96 players overall yet twice the size of any game there under the new ownership. So much so that they're planning to hold a couple more scenario games during the year.

    I was playing with a stock class 'Mag, next time I'm bringing a MiniMag with an auto-response grip as a backup.
    My biggest problem was the up & down terrain, at 60 years old it gets a bit difficult.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Just an edit -- the mechanical play day at Splat Bros is actually Saturday, June 2nd.

    Prices are pretty good. $27 entry and $20 for a case of paint... it's not bad! I had a ton of fun last time. Hope to team up with some other mags out there!

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    Just an edit -- the mechanical play day at Splat Bros is actually Saturday, June 2nd.

    Prices are pretty good. $27 entry and $20 for a case of paint... it's not bad! I had a ton of fun last time. Hope to team up with some other mags out there!
    That's my birthday! Hmmmm...... Maybe I can convince my wife to let me go.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    That'd be cool!

    You still thinking about having a May game at your spot?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West By God Virginia
    Posts
    3,246
    If you guys want to travel a bit ( Have plenty of campin room ) check out Preston County Paintballs thread on http://www.automags.org/forums/forum...Meet-amp-Greet
    My July anniversary 7 flags game
    Meet Allen " Going Home : Smarse ,, AO celebrity !!!! ( comes up from Fla . every year to play )

  16. #196
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Westfield, NJ 07090
    Posts
    955
    I'll be in Manassas for a week in July. Looking for any places that have weekday evening hours so I can play a few games after work.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    That'd be cool!

    You still thinking about having a May game at your spot?
    I wasn't able to drum up enough interest. We probably won't play again until September.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West By God Virginia
    Posts
    3,246
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    If you guys want to travel a bit ( Have plenty of campin room ) check out Preston County Paintballs thread on http://www.automags.org/forums/forum...Meet-amp-Greet
    My July anniversary 7 flags game
    Meet Allen " Going Home : Smarse ,, AO celebrity !!!! ( comes up from Fla . every year to play )

    This is comin up soon ,, if any of ya are interested

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    I wasn't able to drum up enough interest. We probably won't play again until September.
    Cool man, I look forward to playing with you guys again!

    I'll probably play at Splat Bro's a few more times this Summer if anyone else is down to play one weekend.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Jeet yet ?
    Posts
    7,439
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    If you guys want to travel a bit ( Have plenty of campin room ) check out Preston County Paintballs thread on http://www.automags.org/forums/forum...Meet-amp-Greet
    My July anniversary 7 flags game
    Meet Allen " Going Home : Smarse ,, old guy !!!! ( comes up from Fla . every year to play )

    Fixed
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

  21. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Had a ton of fun today at Mech Ball!

    Playing on the turf airball field with my Mag and all the Cockers and enmeys is a ton of fun, but playing the spools field was AWESOME!

    Love that there's a day to use my Automag against a bunch of other mechs!


  22. #202
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    rva
    Posts
    311
    Hey, AO-VA!

    Summer was hot and sticky, but it's finally fall!

    Anyone still spry enough to play some recball and shoot some Automags?!

    SplatBros Paintball is having another Mechanical Paintball Day on Saturday, Oct 13th. I'm planning to attend, and it'd be awesome to see some other AO folks out there!

    I'm down for whatever and whenever, though.. post up in here whenever you're bringing the 'mags out!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •