Thread: Karta suddenly becomes smaller

Karta suddenly becomes smaller

I was using my Karta for about 3 games, when suddenly the Level 10 Superbolt gets lodged hard inside the Karta body. After I got home, and had to pound it out with a screw driver and a hammer, it was jammed in so hard. I've since tried the Karta on a few other set-ups with a few other bolts, and the same thing happens with all of them, so it's not the bolt. What would cause my Karta body to suddenly get a smaller orifice?

Sounds like the steel ring and c clip are missing from inside. They prevent the bolt and spring from tearing up the soft aluminum.

check detents

Take the body off the rail. Take the detents out and drop the bolt into the back of the body to see if it fetches up.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Do you try what I suggested? I like to assemble minus the grip frame and bolt spring (no air, duh) to see how well the bolt cycles by hand (pick actually)

Is this the valve assembly I drilled the broken parts out of? If so it wouldn't hurt to get a good cleaning, all I did was blast it with compressed air, it could easily have bits and pieces in it.

I wonder if a piece of broken tap could have somehow jammed it up? Did you retest it after un-jamming the bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Do you try what I suggested? I like to assemble minus the grip frame and bolt spring (no air, duh) to see how well the bolt cycles by hand (pick actually)

Is this the valve assembly I drilled the broken parts out of? If so it wouldn't hurt to get a good cleaning, all I did was blast it with compressed air, it could easily have bits and pieces in it.

I wonder if a piece of broken tap could have somehow jammed it up? Did you retest it after un-jamming the bolt?

Nope. I have not rebuilt that particular X-valve yet. Yes, I've tried a few different simulations, as you suggested, with 2 other valves, and they are all catching. I even pushed a Level 7 into it, and it's catching as well. Can I file the inside of the Karta with a rat tail file, or will that lead to disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Take the body off the rail. Take the detents out and drop the bolt into the back of the body to see if it fetches up.
    have you tried this, cycle with air or not, but try without any detents. I had one where the detents were going to deep into the body, catching the bolt every 5-10 shots.

here is a nice thread about tha C-clip and S/S washer since your not sure if you have one installed:
    http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/ring_clip

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    here is a nice thread about tha C-clip and S/S washer since your not sure if you have one installed:
    http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/ring_clip

This is the problem! How do I get these missing pieces? Thanks need4reebs. I'm amazed that you found these pictures.

What do I do if I "mushroom headed" the inside of the Karta? Can I file down the slight flange that I created by not having the steel washer inserted?

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    what do i do if i "mushroom headed" the inside of the karta? Can i file down the slight flange that i created by not having the steel washer inserted?

yikes!!!!!!

What do I do if I "mushroom headed" the inside of the Karta? Can I file down the slight flange that I created by not having the steel washer inserted?
    Yes, you can. You should get the parts you need before you use it again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Yes, you can. You should get the parts you need before you use it again, though.
    Does AGD sell the steel washer? I found the c - clip , but not the washer.

give them a call in tha morning or try PM'ing Tuna to see if he has any available? thats gonna be your best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    give them a call in tha morning or try PM'ing Tuna to see if he has any available? thats gonna be your best bet?

I do believe they do! I just got some a couple months ago.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...fo&prodId=2070

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I do believe they do! I just got some a couple months ago.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...fo&prodId=2070
    Thank you. I looked for 30 minutes on the site, but could not find that piece.