Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New ULE Bodies? How'd we all miss this?

New ULE Bodies? How'd we all miss this?

Looks like Gearhead paintball is releasing new Automag bodies.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-helios.html

MOTY3
    Is that an AL. cf TL body ? I feel like a trend setter sometimes

I hope that they have a really low price point.. because they don't look nearly as good as a AGD ule body. That feed neck is pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Is that an AL. cf TL body ? I feel like a trend setter sometimes
    Cant be twist lock, it has detents.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I hope that they have a really low price point.. because they don't look nearly as good as a AGD ule body. That feed neck is pretty awful.
    second.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    lord almighty speaks the truth...

Someone bring over a pic

MOTY3
    Oh yeah... Didn't notice that. Not knocking new products for Mags but aren't you supposed to try and improve on an existing product?

I am taking a wait and see before bashing. If you look at the 3 bodies side by side not all feedneck look the same. And is it me but Does the feedneck look like it's sitting on the outside/top? Kind of like the spyder necks. Maybe it's removable and you can do a cram and jam, which they make adapters for other markers I believe.

I'm somewhat confused as well.

The normal AGD ULE bodies have that big block in the middle to presumably support the threading of feednecks. And detent.

I guess this thing has the feed neck welded on? If it's not welded, then it's... milled?

I kind of wish anyone designing a new body would like... do it right, from scratch... and not inherit all the legacy design flaws.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Ugly ULE with weird feedneck? I don't see why anyone would have an issue putting a cram 'n jam on a ULE - there are adapters made. It looks like it has a twistlock retention pin built into the body or something - look carefully at the black one in the background of the picture, just beneath the detent, you can sort of see it on the front one too. Maybe a 3rd detent? Some kind of new twistlock barrel that nobody will make or embrace? Perhaps you modify your existing barrel to account for the detents?

All I can say is those feednecks remind me of the terrible plastic rings on the old USI Raider, which makes me wonder if there's an ugly weld hiding underneath.

Who makes cram and jam adapter for ule bodies, angel threading?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    Who makes cram and jam adapter for ule bodies, angel threading?
    Action Markers did... Then I made a few, then I think Doc or somebody did for a while. Then there are the universal ones that mounted to the little stubs you use for warpfeeds and q-loaders.

I'd like to have a cram and jam that can be used with ule cf or warp body and can ano too. I don't think it's welded, she mentioned things coming back from ano. Would welding give you different color results on that area?

If you look at the picture that's build marker. You can see that there is no detent on that side, round smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I don't think it's welded, she mentioned things coming back from ano. Would welding give you different color results on that area?
    That also was a bit of confusion. Being the literalist that I am -- she never mentioned *what* was coming back from anno. Wasn't necessarily the body. (Just like nowhere did the post mention "ULE".)

For all we know, that could be a painted steel body with anodized aluminum accents.

I hope nothing on that body is Angel threaded. It's getting harder and harder for me to locate angel threaded detents. I'd rather not have to order my detents every time I need them from a online shop. Cheaper more available detents would be a huge win in my book. Maybe autococker threaded detents?

Video up.

Per the video:

Aluminum body
    accepts CCM threaded feedneck
    AC threaded barrel
    AC detents

I see several machining advantages in this design over the way AGD executed their design.

I do find one thing curious though, does the feed neck have some kind of sleeve around the base?

Per the video. Ugly ugly feed neck.

here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Per the video. Ugly ugly feed neck.
    I think more could have been done in this area for sure.

Read through the comments there, they answer some feedneck and other related questions there.
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ll-helios.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    All I can say is those feednecks remind me of the terrible plastic rings on the old USI Raider, which makes me wonder if there's an ugly weld hiding underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHPBwoman View Post
    There is a sleeve that covers up a welding point.
    Called it.

Unnaceptable on a Phantom clone in 1992, unacceptable today.

And I have to add, CCM threads, really?

If you're screwing in to something, Angel seems to be the most common thread pattern in the industry. Anything other than a clamp-on feedneck seems a step backwards.

Last edited by TyeStick; 12-14-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Question

Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

i am working on something about the feednecks, so i can take care of the feednecks. that's all i can say right now other than it maintains the angel threads, so its a retrofit for older guns and available for newer.

there is nothing about the bodies on their website, a little disconcerting, with just the "press releases" on MCB. i don't know. i love the fact that someone is seeing that the mag community is still alive and wanting to make parts, but why just there on MCB?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Looks just about like an AGD ULE body except for the stovepipe feedneck.

So whats the advantage (reason anyone would buy) of their product over the AGD ULE body ?

To raise the hopper 2.5 inches above the marker ?

Maybe its half the price, that would be an advantage, poor mans ULE ?

Thanks for posting the video, lets us know they dont even own a mag to test their product on.

Everything is cocker threaded. That's a small plus if you think about options in detents and feednecks.

Props to Gearhead for making these. Not a fan of the feed necks or the plastic covers for them, but the way I see it any company deciding there is enough of a market place to do this is a good thing. Very curious about the price point.