Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New ULE Bodies? How'd we all miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    So what we have here would be a green feed neck adapter screwed into the body, and then the silver neck thingy screwed into that, then another thingy to go from threads to no-threads, and then the empire spring feed housing itself to get to the spring feed.

These are all well crafted solutions to a problem which *never should have existed in the first place*.

The greatest irony is that we have feed necks because paintball started with tube feeds to begin with. In the days of stick feeds, it made sense. Tube goes into tube, fine. But then someone decided to stick a motor oil can or something on the feed neck, and *POW* feed necks as structural components. And we still haven’t managed to ditch this completely legacy contraption. It’s a vestigial holdover from the bad old days. And now to get a tube feed back onto the gun, you’ve got to go through 4 different parts.

The curious design matter here is the fact that someone took a look at what CCM was doing, and decided to replicate… the feed neck threads!?

Why not replicate the two-hole body mounting system, or something similar to that?! The bodies probably won’t be the same diameter, but that’s a minor issue.

You already solved the same exact problem on the BOTTOM of the body, where it is mounted to the rail/grip frame. Just solve it again on the top around the feed hole. Just like CCM did. Just like Spyder did. Just like BT did.

The customer can still have a retarded feedneck if that’s his desire (and it will likely be lower profile). If not, it’s nearly completely removable. And far easier to make other feed accessories for. Like, say, a direct spring feed housing that doesn’t literally require 3 other pieces to attach and still sits more than an inch higher than necessary anyways.

Instead, what you now have is a weld job that you can’t even bear to look at, so you cover it up with plastic, and a non-removable feedneck stump that sits like 1” above the body by itself? When did high-rise bodies come back in style?

I like the fact that someone is trying to do an affordable aluminum mag body.

But they clearly didn’t clean-slate this one. "Let's just do one like the others, but cheaper."
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Lightbulb

I think they were going for inexpensive more than anything and without the square part the ULE has theres no way to mount a feedneck, thus the welded piece.

If they had made it without an inexpensive way to mount a feedneck their potential customer base would have been almost non existent.

I personally wouldnt buy a body I couldnt mount a feedneck to, I see a feedneck as a necessity not an impediment.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say almost all Automag enthusiasts that would consider buying a ULE or one of these bodies will agree with me, a feedneck is not a problem.

To the contrary, no feedneck would be a huge problem.

goodjob

Goatboy, you have either failed to read the previous posts, or don't care to.
    These were designed to make the ultimate rental fleet, low cost was a main objective. GHPB bought the extras from the manufacturer, threaded the necks, and is selling them on the cheap.

all in all, until these bodies are released to the public, so that we can all get a good look at them, i.e. see the feedneck, see the actual fit and finish, and basically have it in the hands of a mag person who knows what you are looking at and can translate what we think, into what we see, its all speculation. i'll totally agree that if they can beat the purchase price of a AGD ULE body, then they will sell. if not, then it falls into the realm of people wanting to find either Angel parts for the body versus cocker parts.

so everyone chill down and head back to your corners. no need to ruffle feathers or get into a dander over this. let us celebrate that there is an outside AGD source for mainbodies, something that we as a community haven't really had except for PTP. cause, i see this, not as a possible successor to the AGD ULE, but a supplement and if that supplement body actually does something in the market, then it could open up the eyes of other companies seeing that the AGD community is as alive as ever, and that we want products. i would love to see a CCM body, or Empire, or anyone else that stepped over and stepped by AGD.

Question... Can you break the weld on the feedneck, then drill/tap for Phantom style feedneck and stockclass feedblock?

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    Question... Can you break the weld on the feedneck, then drill/tap for Phantom style feedneck and stockclass feedblock?

i heard that if you break tha weld on tha feed neck that another one will grow back….but i hear Krazy ShNiT lately…..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper Steve View Post
    here is a youtube video of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d2zpZ3gxI
    that new body shoots ropes!

OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire? I could force feed a classic stick right body and shoot 30 bps. I don't want to spend that much time re-loading everything. A body alines the valve and barrel together,if you want one buy it . If you want to nit pick Don't! Buy it, Build it, shoot it. Then gripe! I have a classic RT that suffers from pre-mature ejaculation and projectile vomiting. ie, when I air it it shoots when I shoot it it won't stop. It's a on/off pin issue(I think) I'm not that worried about it. I'll fix it when I can,or want to. The body is not the issue. Gearhead has offered us this product, I'm going to get one after the new year and play around with it. I may even rip the feed off and throw a stock class Phantom feed to it, then put my X-valve behind it. 20 bps, reload each 1/2 sec. Ye Ha so fun, no wonder I play mostly pump anymore. BTW when was the last time anyone offered a new Mag part? GH is trying. Lets help. next might be an Alum. classic valve. Wouldn't that be cool or they might turn their hand at a Alum. Sydarm body and shave ten pounds of a Sydarm. Or they might re-vamp the field strip screw! He... I drilled and tapped a AM/MM rail to take RT sight rail and forgrip mount, Why not?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I think the new body with a detent and a clamping feedneck is just about 112$, a ule is 140$ I think new without a clamping feedneck. I just may grab one up after the first of the year.A company comming out with new parts for mags is sweeet.(in Darth Vader voice)DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A MAG.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    OH! Come on? since when has a body ever effected rate of fire?
    some mm2k9 bodies.

I was thinking... Could the plastic piece be replaced with carbon fiber or aluminum?

After shooting Phantoms for years, with lots of abuse, if these bodies are coming from Mike Casady's shop I would not doubt their durability.

I don't see why you couldn't get a carbon cap made, but it'd be pricey. Same with aluminum.

Personally I like the minimalism of the design, but, I wouldn't swap one out over a ULE.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Just got mine in. Looks great. Black on black makes in next to impossible to notice the plastic unless you're looking for it. Props to Gearhead on both the quick turn time and the packaging. The later being a big plus considering how I've been receiving paintball items lately. I'll post picks when I get it on a marker.

Glad you got yours in so quickly, Patron. Even with priority, ship times are sketch this time of year so I'm glad it didn't get stuck somewhere.

A big thank you all who have ordered a Helios body! We have 2 black and 2 red bodies left as of this morning. Although our shop will be closed for the holiday through New Year's Day (closing up tonight at 7pm PST for a week off), if you order a Helios I will be making special trips to get them shipped within 48 hours of purchase.

Once we are sold out, we will not be getting more bodies in until sometime in January.

Hey PGOP, mind if I swing by at some point with my calipers and check out that body?

Friz, take your calipers and make me a Sydarm body.

Dont need calipers for that....

You're now a Sydarm body !

Mentok!

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    some mm2k9 bodies.
    Am I the only one that got one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    mine works great.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Nope. Mine works fine. The problem is you only hear about the ones that had issues. There were 200 or so bodies made and think I have heard about issues with maybe 5-10. So automatically that means most of them were bad.
    sadly this a true statement.
    bad threads take off.

Hey PGOP, mind if I swing by at some point with my calipers and check out that body?
    Sure thing. I'll send you a PM next time I'm home for any length of time. December Vacation week(s) is our second busiest time of the year so I'm open<->close at the Bowlaway until after the new year.

Hey that sounds fine, gotta make that money! Maybe I oughtta cruise down to Needham and get a few strings in.

Hey that sounds fine, gotta make that money! Maybe I oughtta cruise down to Needham and get a few strings in.
    Sounds good to me. Let me know when you're coming and I'll bring the body down.

this post is still useless without better pics of the body

so whoever got the body, needs to put some personally pics up so we can take a better look at these.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I have news for you, all of them have issues. Some of them just work better than others, some not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I have news for you, all of them have issues. Some of them just work better than others, some not at all.
    Don't tell anyone about 100 page long cocker body complaint thread on another forum, same manufacturer.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    for the record I tried to ask questions about the ptp bodies at the start, and was considered a "troll". I was told not to ask questions. I laugh every time someone brings them up. Sad thing is that tuna said ~10 years ago that ptp bodies were trash, and people never listened.

Well I'm still in for someone to try their hand at an Alum. Sydarm body. I have a S.S. top tube & a Sydarm if some one is willing to give it a try. Me and Knownothingmags had the same idea of a ule mini mag body about the same time I just didn't have mine cleaned down before KNM offered his (Made better) so I didn't say anything. No thunderstealing here. Now , someone gather up the guts and try a lighter Sydarm body and I'll help with all I got.I just don't have access to the machines. Lots of ideas no machines.