Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Successful X Valve anodizing?

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Why is anybody afraid to remove the z lock pin? It's a roll pin, just squeeze it gently and it slides right out.
    Very nice examples of Caustics anno, I have anno envie.
    it is a press fit on the x valves

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Bravo sir. This is a fantastic marker, and I applaud your vision for it.
    Thank you, sir!

Splat, that's a BEAUTIFUL Mag!! Amazing!!

Now to get back to the topic, mine (made by Gruntbull and with a "mask" on it):

It leaked on the power tube when I got it back but then I sent it to Tuna, he worked his magic over it and it is perfect now.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post

It leaked on the power tube when I got it back but then I sent it to Tuna, he worked his magic over it and it is perfect now.
    oi gavault(sp?), that is nice...

wait your mag was tha topic…haha???

wat was the cause of the leak at the power tube? and wat was the fix for that issue?

My Mags are always the topic, aren't they? hahahahahaha

In order to anodize the valve he had to unscrew the front portion of the power tube from the valve's body. This usually is loctited from the factory and he sent it back to me unscrewed. I then bought a new o-ring but I don't know why it wouldn't seal so after a few months, I sent it to Tuna and he worked his magic over it. Works perfectly now.

I may be weird, but am I the only one that thinks some of the mags look borderline tacky with the matched anno valve? It's almost too much...like a car with rims the same color as the paint job.

I think it depends on the end result. Plus, I have 30+ Mags and that's the only one I've ever sent the valve out to be anodized. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
    I may be weird, but am I the only one that thinks some of the mags look borderline tacky with the matched anno valve? It's almost too much...like a car with rims the same color as the paint job.
    I think it also depends on how good of a job the anno guy did. I have seen some splash jobs that the valve really didn't match up to the gun.

I think it depends on the end result. Plus, I have 30+ Mags and that's the only one I've ever sent the valve out to be anodized. I like it!
    This. Plus it's still a but unusual for valves to be ano matched so it kind of looks off sometimes when it blends into the body. And I agree that a lot of splashes don't turn out well on valves. Trying to line up the splashes between the two valve halves and the body is rough. And a really distinct splash makes it more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Why is anybody afraid to remove the z lock pin? It's a roll pin, just squeeze it gently and it slides right out.
    Very nice examples of Caustics anno, I have anno envie.

It's barbed.. its doesn't come out willingly.

Newb question: what prep work do you have to do before sending the valve to get annodised?

So I don't come across like a complete ignoramus I can figure that the velocity adjuster and all internals need to be removed, I guess my real question is what is the best way to remove the power tube since that seems to be the last major thing to remove once everything else is removed?

I guess my main fear is that I'd end up having a couple of expensive valves that made better paper weights after deciding to get them anno'd.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Newb question: what prep work do you have to do before sending the valve to get annodised?

So I don't come across like a complete ignoramus I can figure that the velocity adjuster and all internals need to be removed, I guess my real question is what is the best way to remove the power tube since that seems to be the last major thing to remove once everything else is removed?

I guess my main fear is that I'd end up having a couple of expensive valves that made better paper weights after deciding to get them anno'd.
    If the annodizer doesn't know what they are doing they will destroy the valve. There are very few out there that knows how to anno an Xvalve.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post

I sent both of mine to tunaman for disassembly. and reassembly. I know how to do it fine, just didn't want that off chance I screwed up.

I took mine apart and had Tuna put it back together, the next one will be taken apart and put back together by him though...