Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Successful X Valve anodizing?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Why is anybody afraid to remove the z lock pin? It's a roll pin, just squeeze it gently and it slides right out.
    Very nice examples of Caustics anno, I have anno envie.
    it is a press fit on the x valves

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Maine, New York
    Posts
    1,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Bravo sir. This is a fantastic marker, and I applaud your vision for it.
    Thank you, sir!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    2,206
    Splat, that's a BEAUTIFUL Mag!! Amazing!!

    Now to get back to the topic, mine (made by Gruntbull and with a "mask" on it):


    It leaked on the power tube when I got it back but then I sent it to Tuna, he worked his magic over it and it is perfect now.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Splat, that's a BEAUTIFUL Mag!! Amazing!!

    Now to get back to the topic, mine (made by Gruntbull and with a "mask" on it):


    It leaked on the power tube when I got it back but then I sent it to Tuna, he worked his magic over it and it is perfect now.
    oi gavault(sp?), that is nice...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Splat, that's a BEAUTIFUL Mag!! Amazing!!

    Now to get back to the topic, mine (made by Gruntbull and with a "mask" on it):


    It leaked on the power tube when I got it back but then I sent it to Tuna, he worked his magic over it and it is perfect now.

    wait your mag was tha topic…haha???

    wat was the cause of the leak at the power tube? and wat was the fix for that issue?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    2,206
    My Mags are always the topic, aren't they? hahahahahaha

    In order to anodize the valve he had to unscrew the front portion of the power tube from the valve's body. This usually is loctited from the factory and he sent it back to me unscrewed. I then bought a new o-ring but I don't know why it wouldn't seal so after a few months, I sent it to Tuna and he worked his magic over it. Works perfectly now.

  7. #37
    I may be weird, but am I the only one that thinks some of the mags look borderline tacky with the matched anno valve? It's almost too much...like a car with rims the same color as the paint job.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    2,206
    I think it depends on the end result. Plus, I have 30+ Mags and that's the only one I've ever sent the valve out to be anodized. I like it!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    If you want peace, prepare for war.
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
    I may be weird, but am I the only one that thinks some of the mags look borderline tacky with the matched anno valve? It's almost too much...like a car with rims the same color as the paint job.
    I think it also depends on how good of a job the anno guy did. I have seen some splash jobs that the valve really didn't match up to the gun.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I think it depends on the end result. Plus, I have 30+ Mags and that's the only one I've ever sent the valve out to be anodized. I like it!
    This. Plus it's still a but unusual for valves to be ano matched so it kind of looks off sometimes when it blends into the body. And I agree that a lot of splashes don't turn out well on valves. Trying to line up the splashes between the two valve halves and the body is rough. And a really distinct splash makes it more noticeable.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Why is anybody afraid to remove the z lock pin? It's a roll pin, just squeeze it gently and it slides right out.
    Very nice examples of Caustics anno, I have anno envie.

    It's barbed.. its doesn't come out willingly.

    "I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    302
    Newb question: what prep work do you have to do before sending the valve to get annodised?

    So I don't come across like a complete ignoramus I can figure that the velocity adjuster and all internals need to be removed, I guess my real question is what is the best way to remove the power tube since that seems to be the last major thing to remove once everything else is removed?

    I guess my main fear is that I'd end up having a couple of expensive valves that made better paper weights after deciding to get them anno'd.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    If you want peace, prepare for war.
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Newb question: what prep work do you have to do before sending the valve to get annodised?

    So I don't come across like a complete ignoramus I can figure that the velocity adjuster and all internals need to be removed, I guess my real question is what is the best way to remove the power tube since that seems to be the last major thing to remove once everything else is removed?

    I guess my main fear is that I'd end up having a couple of expensive valves that made better paper weights after deciding to get them anno'd.
    If the annodizer doesn't know what they are doing they will destroy the valve. There are very few out there that knows how to anno an Xvalve.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Newb question: what prep work do you have to do before sending the valve to get annodised?

    So I don't come across like a complete ignoramus I can figure that the velocity adjuster and all internals need to be removed, I guess my real question is what is the best way to remove the power tube since that seems to be the last major thing to remove once everything else is removed?

    I guess my main fear is that I'd end up having a couple of expensive valves that made better paper weights after deciding to get them anno'd.
    I sent both of mine to tunaman for disassembly. and reassembly. I know how to do it fine, just didn't want that off chance I screwed up.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central coast cali 805
    Posts
    891
    I took mine apart and had Tuna put it back together, the next one will be taken apart and put back together by him though...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •