Thread: air line on SHP

air line on SHP

ok on my mag im using the SHP and this would be the first time i went from tank to valve NO gas through( but might still use one later). what is the best line to use that will feed my mag macro, micro, steel braid....etc

I use macro on most of my Mags. There is thin walled Macroline and thicker walled, I would use the latter. You'll get varying opinions regarding macro vs SS braided lines using and SHP reg. I've never had macro fail.

I've never had macroline fail on me either, though I've heard it's pretty nasty if/when it does. That's why some people will only use steel braided line for high pressures that the SHP outputs.

But I still just use the nice, flexible stuff from Hobbyhorse (macrolineguy.com). Never had a problem, and will continue to use it unless/until I do.

check the burst rating on the macroline. some has it printed on it. so if you are pushing 1000psi+ and the burst rating is 900psi, then you do the math. check and be sure, get the better stuff. just remember, SS braid line doesn't burst and with the right sized heat shrink, it can be colour coded to your gun.

The heavy macroline has an operating pressure of 1k and 3k burst pressure. It'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    The heavy macroline has an operating pressure of 1k and 3k burst pressure. It'll be fine.
    I'm pretty sure that's what Hobbyhorse quoted me on his flexible stuff too. Even though it's more flexible, it's not thin-walled.

No micro line. You have an SHP for high flow. Don't choke it with skinny air passages.

Had macro pop on me twice and its loader than hand grenade lol
    The thin bore stuff can hold but you will also need to check if the fittings are rated too
    personally I'd use braid covered in heat shrink so it looks nicer

The proper macroline works fine. The only thing you need to realize is that any dings or scratches will reduce the holding pressure. It needs to be checked and changed if any imperfections are noticed so that it doesn't blow out at a critical moment. You also need to check the ratings of the fittings. They can fail if they aren't rated for the pressures you are using.

The steel braided hose is very similar to macroline inside, except that it has a protective mesh to keep the line from getting any external damage and to spread any point of force on the line to a larger surface area.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

i'll attest to the need to check your fittings, havn't had one pop but have had several cheap ones leak at a lousy 850 psi.

thanks guys! looking t the macrolineguy site, do i need that fancy line cutter?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    thanks guys! looking t the macrolineguy site, do i need that fancy line cutter?
    no you can use a sharp blade

thanks guys!

I've used a grease whip hose on mine. Its got a 3.5k working pressure and a 10k burst. Its also rubberized so it won't scratch. Never given me a problem. They are cheap too.
    It came to a point in my life when it was either pay the rent or buy paintball gear. I think I made the wise choice. If anyoneone needs me I'm livin in a van down by the river.

My Feedback:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69554

I was also wondering about this because i'll be getting an shp reg installed on one of my tanks soon. glad I found this thread

Guys I fired the shp and it was wild, but when I backed the tank off air was leaking out of the main port!!! I played with it some and ended up losing all my air...Wtf this was suppose to be a like new tank. I though I just saw a write up on how u shouldn't drop oil in the tank.....?

oil and tank = Booooommm

I'm not getting what you mean by " leaking out if the main port".

Part that screws into the marker...the reg?

Which part is leaking? Is it leaking from the area that screws in? If so, this is a bad o-ring.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Which part is leaking? Is it leaking from the area that screws in? If so, this is a bad o-ring.
    If it is leaking from the reg, empty it out, disassemble the bonnet like you are changing the shims, and inspect the piston. If the o-ring and seal look ok, re-lube and try it again. I had a used one do that to me, but ever since I cleaned and re-lubed the piston, it has been fine. Or send it Ninja, they will probably take care of it. It's kind of fun to tinker with the shims anyway, and see what it does to the RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    If it is leaking from the reg, empty it out, disassemble the bonnet like you are changing the shims, and inspect the piston. If the o-ring and seal look ok, re-lube and try it again. I had a used one do that to me, but ever since I cleaned and re-lubed the piston, it has been fine. Or send it Ninja, they will probably take care of it. It's kind of fun to tinker with the shims anyway, and see what it does to the RT.
    Name:  k9fr.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  39.6 KB

never played with one.... what tools are needed? this was supposed to be a like new tank. I seem to remember way back when we used to drop a drop of oil down there and that worked but i guess not anymore. gonna have to look up the shim info

Name:  k9fr.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  39.6 KB

never played with one.... what tools are needed? this was supposed to be a like new tank. I seem to remember way back when we used to drop a drop of oil down there and that worked but i guess not anymore. gonna have to look up the shim info
    It's a little allen wrench and a 2-1/2 inch screw. They should have come with the reg.

Ok. I thought he meant that when the tank was screwed into the ASA it was leaking. And you can put a couple of drops of oil into the ASA. You cannot put a few drops into the fill nipple of the tank.

You can put oil on co2 bottles without much hassles, NOT HPA tanks.

I called Ninja and he said good chance there is dirt in there, he also said they have a hp line that I can hook from my scuba to my ninja tank while it is screwed in my mag and would work just fine? Sounds good to me but does this sound right? Lol ty

I called Ninja and he said good chance there is dirt in there, he also said they have a hp line that I can hook from my scuba to my ninja tank while it is screwed in my mag and would work just fine? Sounds good to me but does this sound right? Lol ty
    They have been making fill "whips" and lines for a while. Our field refills all of their HPA rentals with the tanks on the markers. They (ninja) have a "slide check" that will shut off the air and vent the connection to make it easy to pull off the quick disconnect.

(Scuba adapter) to (fill line with slide check) to (bottle on marker) should be good. You just need to be sure all of the fittings match up. I use a similar setup for my single shot marker, which needs to be refilled every shot.