Thread: "Screw In" Foamie

"Screw In" Foamie

Not sure I have ever seen someone try this before,... wanted to do it for some time.

Tapped out a Level 10 bolt and bored a foamie to accept a screw.

Im going to test this in a few bolts over a season with the following setup:

Bolt #1 - foamie and screw only (no loc-tite on screw or adhesive on back of foamie to face of bolt)

Bolt #2 - foamie and screw with loc-tite on screw only (no adhesive on back of foamie to face of bolt)

Bolt #3 - foamie and screw with loc-tite on screw and adhesive on back of foamie to face of bolt

Idea is: to have a way of instantly replacing a foamie at the field without waiting for an adhesive to cure

Open to suggestions, ideas, concerns, and comments.

Discuss!

I've been thinking of replacing the whole tip part with a rubber piece

Sounds dangerous to me. What happens when the screw is launched at 300fps towards an opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I've been thinking of replacing the whole tip part with a rubber piece
    Something like axe/invert mini bolt tip?

i just use gorilla glue brand super glue and my foamies never come off. stuff is stronger than steel

yea. then at least if its whot out youll only break some paint

it wouldn't be any different than a BL pillow bolt tip coming out. luckily the screw would be overbored by like 4 times, so its not like a reball or "solid" shot.

i just never even worry about the foamie. if its there, its there. if i shoot it out, i don't worry about replacing it. never had a problem with my classic L10, for over 10 years.

My level 10 bolts chop paint like CRAZY without a foamie installed.

And its not like a few shots every day,.. it more like 5-10 shots a loader, each re-load.

When that screw decides to pop out, congrats, you've created kind of a sabot round. Somebody's going home with an extra special souvenir!

I suspect without the foamie you are susceptible to slight rollbacks. Chambered ball rolls back a bit, make a little more space for the next ball to start entering the chamber...

I also suspect that the full foamie is not necessary. Just a press fit hard silicone/rubber plug to take up the center space. If it's just a plug, the air might mostly go right past it so it doesn't need to be THAT secure.

I've been meaning to design something and try it out, but I have too many other projects going on.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I was thinking the same thing. I like the tipx bolts for the tippmann guns. The rubber end looks simple and proven.

Where the level seven bolts didn't have a foamie, and I'm certain TK added it in for a reason, maybe a up to date material with some added changes would be a durable replacement??

Throwing the idea out there.