Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Piece Body

41 42.71%
  • Two Piece Body

57 59.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW!!! Carbon Fiber XULE Bodies!!!!!!!

NEW!!! Carbon Fiber XULE Bodies!!!!!!!

Heres a look at what will be avail in 2014!!!!!!!

New XULE carbon fiber main bodies for automags.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Angel feedneck and dual detent threads
    -Autococker barrel threads
    -Will work on almost any AGD mag except classic RT/sydarm
    -25% lighter than a AGD ULE body
    -Real Carbon fiber construction.....breech area is 7075 aluminum.
    -Two piece carbon body allows you to change the front tube to different styles...creating a new look
    -Once piece carbon body features a bolt on feedneck adapter block....the prototype has angel threads but other threads may be avail if there is enough demand.....another great thing about this design is you can change it if you damage the threads....Its a heavy duty piece made of 7075 aluminum and bolted on with 4 8-32 screws.

The Bodies shown below are prototypes....I am in the process of testing them. The Two Piece body is going to be cheaper to make/buy....The one Piece body has allot of extra steps/more pieces involved in its construction and will be more expensive. Its to early to say but the carbon fibers will be slightly more expensive than my RT/Minimag ULE bodies i produce out of aluminum. Carbon Fiber is expensive and a pain in the ass to work with....But it sure does look cool!!!!

Make sure you do the poll at the top of the thread....only one design is going to make the cut and be produced.

Post on here and let me know what you guys think.

One piece is on the top and the two piece is on the bottom...both have RT Front

One piece with RT Front

Two piece with ULE length front tube...other tubes shown

Two piece with minimag front

Two piece with extended front
    Last edited by Xmagterror; 05-01-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Nice work! I can't wait to hear how testing goes. You know we will all need more carbon fiber parts to match right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Nice work! I can't wait to hear how testing goes. You know we will all need more carbon fiber parts to match right?
    Yes!!! Not enough hours in the day to make all the stuff i want to sell! I plan to make some carbon emag frame panels and maybe a carbon fiber grip for mechanicals....possibly a carbon emag battery housing.

Chance of any warpfeed ones?

I guess I can ask. Classic RT backs?
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    x2...

I'm kinda blown away by the single tube version. I have to wonder how well a hopper will hold up on it. This application seems ideal to me to be a warp fed body, as the neck doesn't have much of any load on it unless snagged somehow.

How is the mounting bung attached under there?
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Same question...bottom shot? I like the one piece but have no money for either so I will hold off my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Chance of any warpfeed ones?

IF enough people are interested

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    anything is possible really.....only problem is the RT center section is not the same. The mounting boss and feed holes are in a different spot from what you see here....as always...if there is enough interest. Your grip frames look nice!

Lol wow that is just soo SICK,MAN those are soo cool!
    I love both of them and it would be hard to chose but if I had to ,I would go with the one you would say that is more durable over the other.I'm not ruff on my stuff by no means. :-)
    I cannot pick one up anytime soon but could put on the wishlist for spring or summer once the overtime kicks in again.:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    x2...

I'm kinda blown away by the single tube version. I have to wonder how well a hopper will hold up on it. This application seems ideal to me to be a warp fed body, as the neck doesn't have much of any load on it unless snagged somehow.

The feedneck adapter is very strong....Its made from 7075 aluminum and its bolted into the 7075 aluminum breech insert thats inside the carbon fiber tube using 4 8-32 screws...Its very solid.

The locating boss on the bottom is made from 316 stainless steel...its threads into the breech insert with red loctite on it.

Im hoping to make it to LL7....You guys really need to see these carbon bodies in person.

Well if the one piece is solid that's my vote.:-)

I'd prefer the 2 parts solution because it allows to do differents looks changing only the front tube, and also because the feedneck part looks "simpler".

Those look really nice! Keep up the good work!

Would it be possible to have a carbon Fibur front, made to the same length of a Pariah body?
    What about the possibility of the detents being threaded for Autococker detents instead of Angel?

Even if it's considered a special order?

For the record, I'm fine with the feedneck being Angel threaded.
    Last edited by TyeStick; 12-31-2013 at 07:34 PM.

man I want 3X one piece minimag,
    but it would be cool to have you mod my 3 minimag ule bodies. too.
    hmm maybe get all six done?

this is nice to see.

****question:
    are you going to seal the carbon fiber ends once you mill the holes into them?

Very cool!

I'm pretty sure that is the most interesting thing I've seen here on AO in many years! Well done. I would love to see the breach parts.

Couldn't that internal breach piece be milled to hold ego/spyder style detents and the CF tube would hold everything in place? Replacing the detents would be just popping off the feedneck mount and stainless locating boss and sliding the internal breach piece out of the tube. Heck, you could slot the bottom of the CF tube so that the locating boss doesn't have to be removed.

The one piece is pretty cool..........

I voted two piece because:
    The Two Piece body is going to be cheaper to make/buy

I voted 2 piece cause I love options and the potential to color the center aluminum area. Although that full CF body is super cool. Never thought making a choice of automag bodies would be so hard. As my childhood t-ball coach would say "you're all winners!"

what is the ballpark cost on these?

Subscribing.

One piece minimag please!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteN0ise View Post
    One piece minimag please!
    so much this

I need a body for a new MM length build and this would be amazing

I will 100% purchase if you make

must have cocker threads though so I dont know if possible

edit: should have read, says that in OP

Im all in for MM length one piece
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

I think I may need six.
    but still need to pay for the body and rails your are making for me.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I think I may need six.
    but still need to pay for the body and rails your are making for me.
    KNM....you still thinking about hiring me to make you slugs and rail blanks? Awesome!!!
    I would love to sell you 6 carbon bodies!!!

Testing today went great. I cycled my emag in full auto aprox 3000 times and shot a full case of paint thru each body after that....no problems or ball breaks!

The next phase of testing is to turn these over to my local automag friend....Hes destructive and will test them to their limits.

I really love the look of the one piece carbon fiber body....I will be getting the feedneck adapter block anodized red.

Can you guys spot anything else on my gun thats a prototype beside the body?!! I was feed up with the crap on the market so i took it upon myself to make something quality.

I really favor the one piece body...but i must say i do like the option of changing front tubes.
    If the one piece bodies make it to production you will be able to buy it with any style front milling you want.