Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Piece Body

41 42.71%
  • Two Piece Body

57 59.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW!!! Carbon Fiber XULE Bodies!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
    I am not impressed by 7.5 PSI...

Me either!! Lol

So has there been a purchase date set for these bodies? Are you going to wait to do more testing and maybe start selling closer to Tax return time? Between these and the valve caps it looks to be a good spring for automags.

This may be a dumb question, but for the one CF piece design, couldn't the feedneck be built into the top attachment. No need to buy a seperate feedneck and ultra low profile? OR cost for a one off?

Bring on the valve caps...currently have cash!

with a threaded feedneck you have many options for aftermarket feednecks, in case someone does not like your design. Also it is much easier/cheaper to simply thread a hole than to mill an integral feedneck.

If there was an extra inch or so of material required to mill a feedneck it would not only affect the size of the stock ($$$) but also increase the time required to machine ($$$). Usually the cheapest and simplest way of doing things is the best from a manufacturing perspective, and it translates to a reduced cost at the consumers end as well.
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

It would be cool to see these with anno'd parts... I think you have some other stuff to send, right? Decided to vote incase I can come up with some cash.

I am still testing the bodies. Gotta but some miles on them and check for wear before i can offer them for sale. Nothing like testing out in the frigid michigan weather! Its going to be time to rebuild the shoebox...its been working overtime filling big SCBA tank.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    It would be cool to see these with anno'd parts... I think you have some other stuff to send, right? Decided to vote incase I can come up with some cash.
    Planning on getting the prototype anodized so i can get some pictures. Im still on the fence on what body i like most....Im leaning towards the one piece. Interchangeable front tubes is a nice feature though. YES YES the back caps still need to get finished....too many projects.

Just noticed that you have some new pictures since I saw the original post or I missed them the first time. Like it evenmore crossing my fingers that testing goes well...

I voted one piece because interchangable fronts sounds cool but how often are people going to actually change them. Also you would have to buy extras if you wanted different fronts.

Can you get sanded carbon fiber tubes so that they kind of match a DW barrel? Or would you offer sanding them as an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    I am still testing the bodies. Gotta but some miles on them and check for wear before i can offer them for sale. Nothing like testing out in the frigid michigan weather! Its going to be time to rebuild the shoebox...its been working overtime filling big SCBA tank.
    Where in MI are you located?
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I voted one piece because interchangable fronts sounds cool but how often are people going to actually change them. Also you would have to buy extras if you wanted different fronts.

Can you get sanded carbon fiber tubes so that they kind of match a DW barrel? Or would you offer sanding them as an option?

as for sanded tubes....i will look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Where in MI are you located?
    Dowagaic......southwestern part of the state.

Drat. I'm outside Ann Arbor.

Would you be able to do the one piece pump compatible, or is there not enough material in the insert etc....

Have you had a chance to weigh these bad boys? I'm wondering what a one piece pariah style body would weigh.. could make for an interesting build.

I'll end up buying one of these when you put them up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus View Post
    Have you had a chance to weigh these bad boys? I'm wondering what a one piece pariah style body would weigh.. could make for an interesting build.

yes, weight

Im not real sure how well the carbon fiber would hold up to the pump rod. Ive never seen a pump automag in person but i am familiar with the milling. Its possible to mill the body but not sure the tapered slot in it would hold up.

They are both 25% lighter than the same bodies i make from aluminum.

They are both 25% lighter than the same bodies i make from aluminum.
    Any chance we could see an ultra light body and rail combo? I have some dangerous ideas formulating.

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure you'll end up costing me more money with either of these two.

Any chance we could see an ultra light body and rail combo? I have some dangerous ideas formulating.
    I need to get my hands on a good looking gloss black rail so i can take some pictures. The only rail i have right now is a beat up emag one.

Carbon fiber bodies made it though testing and the design is a success!!! Pre-order will be up soon in the dealers section

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i think the two-piece design would be a more durable part in the long run (screws going into a metal part), so that's what i voted for. the cheaper production cost would be a nice side benefit.

awesome! Looking forward to picking one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i think the two-piece design would be a more durable part in the long run (screws going into a metal part), so that's what i voted for. the cheaper production cost would be a nice side benefit.

Screws are going into metal in the 1 piece. there is an metal breech insert inside the body...super strong 7075

I thought I'd never find a good looking alternative to my classic minimag's polished body. I'm totally sold on your 2 piece design, though.

If you make them. I shall buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterp View Post
    I thought I'd never find a good looking alternative to my classic minimag's polished body. I'm totally sold on your 2 piece design, though.

If you make them. I shall buy.
    Check the dealer section... preorder thread is already up.

Let's fill up those pre-order slots guys!

Bump!

The fittings will be avail this spring.
    I've been watching the dealers forum for the swivel fittings. Are you still planning to make a batch?

I need one!!!