Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64

Thread: triple mag... restart/continue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182

    triple mag... restart/continue

    so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

    here is the test insert for the triple.
    I printed it last night.
    ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

    -ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
    -looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me or EP but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    -back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
    -front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
    -slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
    -total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

    hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
    xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

    yeah here is the video.
    sorry for the shaking a moving so much.



    as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

    let me know what ya think.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    218
    That's cool!

    How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

    And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    That's cool!

    How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

    And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!
    probably 3 revys for now.

    as fast as the valves will shoot.
    so for me probably 9 bps = 27pbs,
    but if we could some how rt it 34.5 pbs =103bps. wont ever happen though.

    its nice I screwed up the insert tonight by compressing it tohard while I was sealing the layers so it worped bad.
    but to its defense I put a lot of pressure where there shouldn't have been that much.
    reprint tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    3,851
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    ...3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

    Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    about time!

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    531
    Very cool. Thanks for the update.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    the yub nub tripple mag

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    894
    I vote for the Star Wars theme!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

    here is the test insert for the triple.
    I printed it last night.
    ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

    -ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
    -looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me or EP but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    -back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
    -front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
    -slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
    -total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

    hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
    xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

    yeah here is the video.
    sorry for the shaking a moving so much.



    as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

    let me know what ya think.
    Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine
    will do. and it isn't possible to machine I can simple piece it and do it that way.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beaumont,Tx.
    Posts
    1,028
    Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?

  13. #13
    The triple rail is metallic - aluminum. The printed part is the insert below it where it will connect to a grip frame. (You have to watch the video to see it)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    -total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

    6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?
    man wouldn't that be nice.
    the one I want is on 450,000EU lol

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage?
    3 mpa3's with 6 total positions for set screws to hold each mpa3 in place.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    uh oh I think I might run out of filament.
    we will just have to wait and see. time to buy some more rolls.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    stock mount
    video:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

    nice work man, I'm Jelly

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

    nice work man, I'm Jelly
    not sure how many people would use a dye dam colapsable stock but I have one so ima use it.
    otherwise, I would make more mounts for the back of am/mm rails for people, where the agd asa use to mount.

  21. #21
    I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?
    tripplewarp.jpg

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?
    tripplewarp.jpg
    nope. it wouldn't be worth it the small amount of paint that it would hold. I have my ideas of what im going to do.
    good idea though

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?
    tripplewarp.jpg
    negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.
    have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.
    just don't want that setup right now.
    yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

    I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
    which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 01-04-2014 at 01:13 AM.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.
    this works I have printed it with a mini motor and an anti crush paddle so I don't break paint.
    the idea is the motor alternates the tunnels that get fed, and I can feed up to 21.3 pbs to each tunel with the motor I hooked to it.
    problem is I crushed the pieces running it over with the car after I let my son play with it.
    and all the files for it are MIA.

    +plus I don't care for it too much. I like it because I made it but it takes a lot to work properly.

    front.
    \|/
    .|
    .|
    back

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    just don't want that setup right now.
    yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

    I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
    which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)

    haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,024
    well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.
    Had that same thought so I tried it. Using a flat piece of plastic (from the bowling equipment) I tried to simulated simultaneous fire. Jammed up constantly. Usually only "fed" one breach, occasionally 2, sometimes none, and never 3 (after the first "shot").

    However, using my fingers instead of the plastic, and "firing" in sequence rather than all at once, it worked beautiful.

    Admittedly, Both of my simulations were dirt poor analogues. My thinking (which is moot because KNM is going another route) is that if you got the internal geometry right, and the tube length right, it could still work.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???
    its fired.
    just not assembled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •