Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: triple mag... restart/continue

triple mag... restart/continue

so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

here is the test insert for the triple.
    I printed it last night.
    ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

-ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
    -looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me or EP but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    -back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
    -front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
    -slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
    -total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
    xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

yeah here is the video.
    sorry for the shaking a moving so much.

as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

let me know what ya think.

That's cool!

How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    That's cool!

How are you planning to feed paint to that sucker?

And that's gonna have a max rof of what 60+ bps.... holy crap!
    probably 3 revys for now.

as fast as the valves will shoot.
    so for me probably 9 bps = 27pbs,
    but if we could some how rt it 34.5 pbs =103bps. wont ever happen though.

its nice I screwed up the insert tonight by compressing it tohard while I was sealing the layers so it worped bad.
    but to its defense I put a lot of pressure where there shouldn't have been that much.
    reprint tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    ...3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

about time!

Very cool. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Your making it play music too? Thats awesome! You should make it play something dark like the Star Wars Empire theme song. Or the Jaws da-da, da-da, da-da.... lol

the yub nub tripple mag

I vote for the Star Wars theme!

so me being not so smart I deleted the triple mag thread a while back.

here is the test insert for the triple.
    I printed it last night.
    ill have to get some air and just run some test but this is pretty close to what I am looking for.

-ill put a few accessory holes here and there, a spot to put a board and a 9v maybe.
    -looks as though it is going to pneumatic. which is fine with me or EP but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    -back box hole is for my dye dam stock mount adapter that I designed in house.
    -front has a second piece that will allow my picatiny mount that I made to mount up to it plus and accessory holes and suck added as well battery and all that.
    -slots on top for the sears to be able to recess.
    -total of 18 set screw spots to hold the mpa3 in place, 3 bottom and three top for each mp3.

hope fully this can be milled out of a solid block of aluminum.
    xmt if you could chime in on this that would be great.

yeah here is the video.
    sorry for the shaking a moving so much.

as testing gets done ill throw videos up.

let me know what ya think.
    Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Looks cool...email me the solid model so i can tell you if its possible to machine
    will do. and it isn't possible to machine I can simple piece it and do it that way.

MOTY3
    Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?

The triple rail is metallic - aluminum. The printed part is the insert below it where it will connect to a grip frame. (You have to watch the video to see it)

6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Wait...that looks metallic...are you printing metal parts now ?
    man wouldn't that be nice.
    the one I want is on 450,000EU lol

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    6 mpa3's??? huh? wat will the 3 up top be doing? there wouldn't be much leverage?
    3 mpa3's with 6 total positions for set screws to hold each mpa3 in place.

uh oh I think I might run out of filament.
    we will just have to wait and see. time to buy some more rolls.

stock mount
    video:

I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

nice work man, I'm Jelly

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I love how you end each video with an "alright, thanks"

nice work man, I'm Jelly
    not sure how many people would use a dye dam colapsable stock but I have one so ima use it.
    otherwise, I would make more mounts for the back of am/mm rails for people, where the agd asa use to mount.

I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?
    Name:  tripplewarp.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  38.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to feed them all with one warp? If the feed neck length was calculated just right?
    nope. it wouldn't be worth it the small amount of paint that it would hold. I have my ideas of what im going to do.
    good idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    negative. you would out shoot 2 of the 3, and because the paint would follow the path of least resistance(till you stopped shooting) and only feed one, maybe 2 of the barrels, instead of all 3. so you would need separate hoppers for each barrel/gun.
    have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.

have you tried that set-up yourself? if set up correctly it could work.
    just don't want that setup right now.
    yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
    which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 01-04-2014 at 01:13 AM.

this works I have printed it with a mini motor and an anti crush paddle so I don't break paint.
    the idea is the motor alternates the tunnels that get fed, and I can feed up to 21.3 pbs to each tunel with the motor I hooked to it.
    problem is I crushed the pieces running it over with the car after I let my son play with it.
    and all the files for it are MIA.

+plus I don't care for it too much. I like it because I made it but it takes a lot to work properly.

front.
    \|/
    .|
    .|
    back

just don't want that setup right now.
    yes I have tried many setups. this one works/ yes out shoot is very possible if not will happen + don't like how it looks.

I honestly like the three hopper look the most.
    which is nice since I have 3 hoppers (revys)

haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???

well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.

well, you don't need a "triple mag" to test this. you can use a warpfeed with 3 paint openings in the tube and see if it would work. you just block or open the feed points to simulate the "removal" of paint from the tube and see where the paint ends up. but again, i will almost guarantee that it won't feed 3 guns reliably.
    Had that same thought so I tried it. Using a flat piece of plastic (from the bowling equipment) I tried to simulated simultaneous fire. Jammed up constantly. Usually only "fed" one breach, occasionally 2, sometimes none, and never 3 (after the first "shot").

However, using my fingers instead of the plastic, and "firing" in sequence rather than all at once, it worked beautiful.

Admittedly, Both of my simulations were dirt poor analogues. My thinking (which is moot because KNM is going another route) is that if you got the internal geometry right, and the tube length right, it could still work.

haha…was asking Nobody cause he said it couldn't be done. but if the triple mag hasn't been fired yet how have you tested any loaders on it???
    its fired.
    just not assembled.