Thread: Trigger Pin Installation

Trigger Pin Installation

Finally sent my parts off to Caustic Customs for anodizing and was hoping to get some suggestions on how to re-install the trigger pins once they are back.

I don't want to drop a lot on anno just to mar up the trigger pin area with a pin point punch and hammer since I tend to be an impatient and ham fisted-goon. Seeing all the custom jobs on here with expensive anno I'm sure some have shared this fear at some point

Try a wood dowel rod (about 1/4 to 3/8) that should be hard enough to push the pin and soft enough not to mar any finish, you can also try brass dowel rods too. Other wise just take your time and be careful.

Good call on the wood dowel rod. Thanks!

Here's what I do:

Cover the frame in masking tape (not really necessary, but it makes me feel better)
    Using a piece of rubber on the far-side frame surface, put the frame in a vice and use the vice to push in the trigger pin with a short stainless steel dowel pin.

The sandwich goes: Fixed vice jaw>rubber>frame>trigger pin>dowel pin (wooden dowel should work here too)>active vice jaw

I like this because it avoids whacking anything with a hammer, you can apply force in a reliably orthogonal motion, and you a nice tactile feedback to know the pin is seated well.