Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 240

Thread: Uni-Frame?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,023
    i like the longer PTP gas through design. it offers the air inlet at a level to the ASA, so there are no major bends or kinks, which i like. its that linear approach, and makes it have cleaner lines and moves the macroline away from where your hand can go or grab at it. nice work. i'm sure that when Scott gets it, i'll have some trigger time with it.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marseille - France
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post

    Why chose one. Just buy all the parts. That way you can swap them to whatever you want.
    If it's possible to get one frame and the 2 fg, it's certainly what I'll do !!

  3. #123
    The first design (with your foregrip) is A-W-S-O-M-E!
    Go ahead and put my name on the pre-order.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Crappy rendering but each ones taken me 1/2-3/4 hour to do and I dont have the time right now.

    This is the frame with the Benchmark foregrip removed. (I only have a small number of foregrips available). Anyway the Vert asa is made so any gas thru foregrip/reg/expansion chamber will thread into it. A tank how ever will not as there is no pin to depress the tank valve. Hmm gotta look into that.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #125
    That foregrip wouldn't happen to be reversible would it?

    That thing turned around with the finger ridges cleaned off would be perfection

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marseille - France
    Posts
    457
    For me it will definetely be custom foregrip + vert asa + benchmark fg !!!!!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,855
    To be blunt, I hate the foregrip as much as I love the frame. As with everything... depending on cost...

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Crappy rendering but each ones taken me 1/2-3/4 hour to do and I dont have the time right now.

    This is the frame with the Benchmark foregrip removed. (I only have a small number of foregrips available). Anyway the Vert asa is made so any gas thru foregrip/reg/expansion chamber will thread into it. A tank how ever will not as there is no pin to depress the tank valve. Hmm gotta look into that.

    these have been fun items to work on.
    thankyou again.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    531
    Pending price, I would probably be interested in one with the vert ASA. I like the flexibility of it.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    299
    Your timing on this is impeccable too...right around tax return time I can see one of these going with one of XMT's carbon fiber bodies for a ridiculously light mag setup.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Your timing on this is impeccable too...right around tax return time I can see one of these going with one of XMT's carbon fiber bodies for a ridiculously light mag setup.
    yeah.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    To be blunt, I hate the foregrip as much as I love the frame. As with everything... depending on cost...
    Thank you. I can understand that. Does the VA seem to be ok?

    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Your timing on this is impeccable too...right around tax return time I can see one of these going with one of XMT's carbon fiber bodies for a ridiculously light mag setup.
    Never even thought about it being that time of year.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Crappy rendering but each ones taken me 1/2-3/4 hour to do and I dont have the time right now.

    This is the frame with the Benchmark foregrip removed. (I only have a small number of foregrips available). Anyway the Vert asa is made so any gas thru foregrip/reg/expansion chamber will thread into it. A tank how ever will not as there is no pin to depress the tank valve. Hmm gotta look into that.



    that doesnt look like a XMT body... what are you planning here

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    that doesnt look like a XMT body... what are you planning here
    Its not a XMT body. The body in the rendering is a abandoned project. I was working on designing a ULE Minimag body. Then XMT came out with his first. So I stopped. No need for 2 of them on the market. It would only hurt sales of both.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    ^respect^

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Its really simple if I wouldn't want it to happen to me I wont do it to others.

    Example: I have had not one but two other people copy one of my designs. With minor changes of course. One of them even had enough gaul to hint that his was the original. If he had simply asked I probably would have said he could. As much as people say mimicry is flattery it does not flatter me to have my stuff copied so I refuse to do that to others.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Its really simple if I wouldn't want it to happen to me I wont do it to others.

    Example: I have had not one but two other people copy one of my designs. With minor changes of course. One of them even had enough gaul to hint that his was the original. If he had simply asked I probably would have said he could. As much as people say mimicry is flattery it does not flatter me to have my stuff copied so I refuse to do that to others.
    Name names damn it

    Is there a hole or a slot for the forgrip mounting screws? I was thinking that a slot would allow a little freedom to adjust the setup longer or shorter depending on a users preferences. Just a thought.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Thank you. I can understand that. Does the VA seem to be ok?
    Sorry, I realized my comment was pretty douchey. The foregrip isn't my taste, but seems like several like it, so **** me. I do like the VA style. This would look nice with a CP or RPG style gas through on it. Or maybe using an HPR as an LPR for a pnue set up.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Name names damn it

    Is there a hole or a slot for the forgrip mounting screws? I was thinking that a slot would allow a little freedom to adjust the setup longer or shorter depending on a users preferences. Just a thought.
    Not gonna name anyone. It wouldn't help anything.

    There is a slot for the for the foregrip mounting.
    Only rendering I have that shows it is a very old one.

    Note: frame mounting screw is no longer recessed. Yea you can do it the way I show it but its expensive.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Sorry, I realized my comment was pretty douchey. The foregrip isn't my taste, but seems like several like it, so **** me. I do like the VA style. This would look nice with a CP or RPG style gas through on it. Or maybe using an HPR as an LPR for a pnue set up.
    I think you have it wrong. I really like that you told it the way it is. Often to many people just say "thats nice"

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    I spy a microswitch!!! would this frame fit a 9V and a currently available board? maybe the new DNA board

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    I spy a microswitch!!! would this frame fit a 9V and a currently available board? maybe the new DNA board
    Thats a very old design. There will be no microswitch. This was originally designed as a eframe (in 2008) but with the lack of boards at the time it was abandoned.
    It may be revisited some time in the future. Not sure. It would be a 500$ + frame as a electro (best guess). It was based on the hyperframe/VER setup. And Im not sure theres a market for that expensive a frame

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Not gonna name anyone. It wouldn't help anything.
    I knew you wouldn't, I was just being a jerk.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Thats a very old design. There will be no microswitch. This was originally designed as a eframe (in 2008) but with the lack of boards at the time it was abandoned.
    It may be revisited some time in the future. Not sure. It would be a 500$ + frame as a electro (best guess). It was based on the hyperframe/VER setup. And Im not sure theres a market for that expensive a frame



    Someone should design a frame that uses the readily available stock PMR board..... Someone...... oneday.....

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    422
    Does the OD of the VASA match the OD of the top of a bike grip

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by rukh013 View Post
    Someone should design a frame that uses the readily available stock PMR board..... Someone...... oneday.....
    I know what your saying. Eframes are tricky, You start with a frame cost then add $200 (a guess) in electronics to it.Then assembly time/cost.

    Example would be the M86 I just did and am going to finish up before the uniframe ever gets to preorder. If I were to offer a "E" version which Im not. The final price would be in the 475$ range. Not inluding my time wiring or that I would need to go out and buy all the tools to wire the thing.

    Beacise of the price required you quickly price yourself out of the market.

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    Does the OD of the VASA match the OD of the top of a bike grip
    Do you know what the od of a bike grip is at the top. Right now the VASA is 1" OD

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    531
    Any chance you would make an "insert" to go between the frame and RT foregrip to make RT style foregrips look a little less awkward on them? I love my DW CF foregrip. Make the insert like the VASA, but without the threaded portion and a slot wide enough for RT-style foregrip mounting screws (or two holes, but a slot is probably easier).

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Any chance you would make an "insert" to go between the frame and RT foregrip to make RT style foregrips look a little less awkward on them? I love my DW CF foregrip. Make the insert like the VASA, but without the threaded portion and a slot wide enough for RT-style foregrip mounting screws (or two holes, but a slot is probably easier).
    Its all numbers. I would have to make a certain amount to hit minimums. But I would have to sell them at a high price per part because I likely wouldn't sell them all.

    If there was enough interest in that Yes I can make it. But it would probably be better for someone like Luke to make for the amount of interest.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chester nh
    Posts
    506
    Just a thought but any way to make the vert asa adjustable so that you can adjust the angle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •