Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

Uni-Frame?

We've seen quite a few uni-body's (body & rail in one). Why haven't we seen any uni-frames? As in frame and rail in one. It seems like there would be more design flexibility here. Then again, I'm not a machinist so I'm probably missing something obvious.

Some one on here, I think it was Pneumagger, actually had a CAD design for an integrated rail/frame/VASA, but it never came to being. ITT, part of the problem like everything around here is everyone wanted something different. Vert, 45*, Pneuable, not pneuable, single, double, vert asa, 15* vasa, reverse 15* Vasa etc. Lots of variables.

Im not allowed to say anything in this thread

Yeah that sure does happen. You can please some of the people some of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Vague comments allow me to believe what I feel like believing.
    I'm going with -Simon is designing a Uni-Frame and Big E is in on it.
    Sweet! I love when I make things up that are true.

Can you say something in a different thread?

Nobody knows anything about this. Nobody was shown any preliminarily desgins. so Nobody can comment on this subject.

I am pretty sure I posted a CAD mock up around here somewhere a while ago..

I am pretty sure I posted a CAD mock up around here somewhere a while ago..
    I could send you it

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Nobody knows anything about this. Nobody was shown any preliminarily desgins. so Nobody can comment on this subject.
    LOL That old joke still works for me hahahaha Now quit the "nobody" thing and post up a link to it!

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    LOL That old joke still works for me hahahaha Now quit the "nobody" thing and post up a link to it!
    like i've seen them, but i do not have them. because its someone else's intellectual property, i wouldn't show it without that person's consent. so the owner will have to post up the pic, sorry.

also, if the joke may be old, it still gets a laugh, or a smile or chuckle; i'll still use it.

Oh! I like how that looks!

/me chuckles
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

did you print this BE? i love the look a blend of a m90 and airwalk kinda... needs a cleaner forgrip, more streamlined with the body

WOW! Fantastic. I'm not so sure about the front grip and trigger (not my cup of tea) but the frame looks awesome! Maybe I'd add a little bit more space for the trigger guard and have a smaller front grip.

Internal air routing to a banjo bolt!

Just kidding.

cant beat functioning printed parts

WOW! Fantastic. I'm not so sure about the front grip and trigger (not my cup of tea) but the frame looks awesome! Maybe I'd add a little bit more space for the trigger guard and have a smaller front grip.
    Front grip is detachable and the mount on the front will be a standard slot like on many of the RT style rails.

Front grip is detachable and the mount on the front will be a standard slot like on many of the RT style rails.

Question: will the final product be a printed frame or is this a study for an aluminum milled product? I wonder about the strength of a printed part that receives that many stress, that's why I ask.

Question: will the final product be a printed frame or is this a study for an aluminum milled product? I wonder about the strength of a printed part that receives that many stress, that's why I ask.

Just a concept right now.. if there is enough interest I can twist some arms and get something going. 45 version is also in the works. It would be one or the other.. most likely not both.

Well.. I'm pretty sure I could be convinced to get one with 90 grip.

I love the current design and I believe I'll like it better than a 45. But that's just me.

Now, does it make it any stiffer to pull the trigger with the slight lower mounting position of the sear? Or isn't it any lower and my vision is somehow tricking me?

I love the current design and I believe I'll like it better than a 45. But that's just me.

Now, does it make it any stiffer to pull the trigger with the slight lower mounting position of the sear? Or isn't it any lower and my vision is somehow tricking me?

Still working out some kinks.. might add a little girth to the top to accurately recreate AGD specs on all the parts. This was originally created as an E-frame and then a mech when the UTB boards dried up.

Will this/can this be made to come ready for drop in pneumatics? I have been waiting for an M90 frame but I love the look of this

-grub

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Will this/can this be made to come ready for drop in pneumatics? I have been waiting for an M90 frame but I love the look of this

-grub
    I think that would be the plan..

Very cool. In for info.
    Kory
    Micromag rt, 68 ci flatline,12"ss total freak ,warpdrive, 12volt revi.homemade intelliframe.

Just a heads up to everyone, this one would not be CHEAP. Especially if we add the M90 aspects.

Just a heads up to everyone, this one would not be CHEAP. Especially if we add the M90 aspects.
    I hear that.
    I want some of em though..
    just need to buy bodies for it.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I hear that.
    I want some of em though..
    just need to buy bodies for it.
    I will be playing a pump game this weekend with a certain guy who can do stuff like that