Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I think that would be the plan..
    Well then count me in for the 50% off preorder

-grub

Just a heads up to everyone, this one would not be CHEAP. Especially if we add the M90 aspects.
    Phew , glad I got in on the preorder

-grub

Got some feelers out.... this would be a pre-order only. Would people be cool with that?

Got some feelers out.... this would be a pre-order only. Would people be cool with that?
    Sure. That's fine with me.

I'll hit you up a little later today about this

With the m90 aspects I would be down for one.

First of all... Sweet! My 2 cents is to keep the "rail" section as small as possible while retaining the z-lock and foregrip mounting capacity. The coolness of this is it's potential to make Mags even smaller by eliminating the middle man and reducing the vertical profile. The ability to use DM grips would also be a plus.

Whichever way you go, props for doing it.

Sorry to ask but I'm feeling a bit ignorant here: when you say "M90 aspects", what are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Sorry to ask but I'm feeling a bit ignorant here: when you say "M90 aspects", what are you referring to?
    The 'drop in pneumatic' set up.

Great project

I like the look of the frame, a little less the foregrip's one but that's not a great issue as it's removable !

I think I'll be for one.

No problem for the "pre-order only". I only hope I won't miss it as I missed the M86 one !!!!

Ok, this is the direction Keith and I are going with this. I want to change the front grip mount so it is a slot like an RT rail and can accomodate a bunch of different things.

Side note - probably CAN NOT fit an LPR in here so we will put everything else but that.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I prefered the "airwalk" style of the first one !

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    I prefered the "airwalk" style of the first one !
    Still debating... at least in the Airwalk/Angel style you can fit the LPR

I also liked more how the grip was rounded, graceful and seemed lighter in the first version.

Well as Scott eluded to. This is one of my dream builds. The files the printed prototype was made from go back to 2007-2008.

Frames will be Aluminum. Not printed.

The foregrip shown in the first pictures is a concept part. It will be changing some. I bought and sold a gun just so I could measure the foregrip that was on it. But you can always remove it and add your own.

The "45" style will be a complete remake on my end if theres enough interest. It was never finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

airwalk version looks great IMO, but could you open up the trigger area more, maybe 1/4 or 3/8" more???

Very cool. Also like the first version, wonder how that would look with the back tail end curving down like a snatch grip?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    Very cool. Also like the first version, wonder how that would look with the back tail end curving down like a snatch grip?
    Can you show me a picture of what your thinking?

Operating under the totally false notion that we get a vote, I vote single trigger. These things have 'pistol' written all over them. Oh, and since you stole my idea before I had or posted my idea, I think I should get a free four of them. :P

Oh, and I like V2 better. Clean lines > ...

I might be interested in the airwalk style if it was suitable for drop in pneumatics and had a relatively open trigger guard

My wish list might put the parts out of my price range though

We are listening to suggestions. We will incorporate those that we think will help or are a good idea. But we wont be allowing committee design. It never works. Thats what happened to pnuemagger last time this frame idea came up 5+ years ago.

The design will have pnuematics mounts. They were taken out for the printed prototype to keep things simpler.

Triggerguards are compareable to intelliframes, airwalks, chimera & m90.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Triggerguards are compareable to intelliframes, airwalks, chimera & m90.
    DAMN i just like the extra room...

can't wait to see these

Some like the ones below. But I think little maybe little more hook so you can let hang from your vest or belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I also like the first version! The airwalk look and the ability to mount a internal lpr are great features.

i'm a 1911 fan so the "45" is my preferred look. on a side note how did these style grip frames get call a 45 and not a 1911 which is what they are?

I like the first version, I just never liked the look of the externally mounted LPR. Is the front grip going to be included or will it be optional?

-grub

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Is the front grip going to be included or will it be optional?

-grub
    That has yet to be discussed. It really comes down to how much extra is adds to the cost. Mostly because I see half the people not wanting one.

Would there be any possibility of discussing that trigger profile? While it is unique, that one would not be my preference.

The price of a different trigger probably won't be a deal breaker, but every bit counts...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Would there be any possibility of discussing that trigger profile? While it is unique, that one would not be my preference.

The price of a different trigger probably won't be a deal breaker, but every bit counts...
    We are still discussing things, but Im pretty sure we could offer this with either a Magnus Talon or Sabre trigger. The one the printed model was just an idea that Keith wanted to see.

Scott is correct. The trigger is more of a fantasy part for me. I really wanted to know what it would be like. So why not do it as a printed prototype.
    Thats a part I really don't see being made.