Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

So, in regards to fitting an LPR in - the 45 frame version they wont fit, on the Angel/Airwalk style a tickler will fit as long as you flip the msv2 and cut the lever down. I don't see a micro rock fitting in there though...

Thoughts?

I would definitely like if it could be sleeper pneued.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    So, in regards to fitting an LPR in - the 45 frame version they wont fit, on the Angel/Airwalk style a tickler will fit as long as you flip the msv2 and cut the lever down. I don't see a micro rock fitting in there though...
    Thoughts?
    I'm bias because I prefer the 45 style to begin with. To me, adding bulk (to make space for an LPR) seems contrary to profile reduction of an uni-frame. Maybe a channel in the rail section to allow for an integrated LPR/foregrip (like Luke is currently working on)?

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    I'm bias because I prefer the 45 style to begin with. To me, adding bulk (to make space for an LPR) seems contrary to profile reduction of an uni-frame. Maybe a channel in the rail section to allow for an integrated LPR/foregrip (like Luke is currently working on)?
    I like this idea and will try to see what will work.....Ever try to fit 20 tons of crap into a 5 pound capacity box. Yup thats my job.

EDIT: It does not fit. Theres no room to get past the body mounting stud.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 01-15-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    I like this idea and will try to see what will work.....Ever try to fit 20 tons of crap into a 5 pound capacity box. Yup thats my job.
    im down for a few as you already know.
    know what you should do since you are doing so much already, design a body for this

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    know what you should do since you are doing so much already, design a body for this

I know a guy in NJ...

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    One step at at a time. Anyway one of the lathes is broken right now and the others busy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post

Thoughts?
    My immediate thought would be to machine an integral vert asa tapped on the sides for hoses and the front for a lpr. I would be cool, as long as you only planned on using a cp style screw in foregrip or a bike grip.

Scott is correct. The trigger is more of a fantasy part for me. I really wanted to know what it would be like. So why not do it as a printed prototype.
    Thats a part I really don't see being made.
    What did you think of it? I always end up moving my fingers all over double length triggers, regardless of their shape.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    My immediate thought would be to machine an integral vert asa tapped on the sides for hoses and the front for a lpr. I would be cool, as long as you only planned on using a cp style screw in foregrip or a bike grip.
    Cant easily intergrate a vert ASA it would get in the way.

Theres still alot to this that you guys arent seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    What did you think of it? I always end up moving my fingers all over double length triggers, regardless of their shape.
    Its interesting. But I feel it limits where you can put your fingers way to much. I find I never hold the upper part

I would love to see a single trigger version. The McFly is a uniframe of sorts...

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    I would love to see a single trigger version. The McFly is a uniframe of sorts.
    The McFly is what led me to post this thread.

So even Scott doesn't know this yet.

But the bare airwalk style frame (not trigger, or screws) should weigh 0.40 pounds. The reworked foregrip (same idea but alot better) should weigh 0.15 pounds. A trigger should be right around 0.01 pounds. Grip panels will be 0.25 pounds for the pair. All out of 6061 Aluminum So total should be alittle more then 3/4 of a pound

Keep in mind these will change as I'm still designing and adjusting.

ok...you sucked me in. I am interrested.

Is it intended that the pneumag friendly features of the M86 frame be included?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Is it intended that the pneumag friendly features of the M86 frame be included?
    Thats the plan and how I have the 3d cad files right now.

Foregrip notwithstanding I really want one. Are you batting around ideas for that grip?

EDIT: It does not fit. Theres no room to get past the body mounting stud.
    Looks like you need a bigger box

and know how you get a bigger box? you(yourself) throw money at it. most problems can be solved with mass quantities of money. like the old racing saying goes, you beat cubic inches with cubic dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    and know how you get a bigger box? you(yourself) throw money at it. most problems can be solved with mass quantities of money. like the old racing saying goes, you beat cubic inches with cubic dollars.
    I think I know this saying.
    at least for the last 20 years

Thats the plan and how I have the 3d cad files right now.
    send me any thing you can ill print it.
    since I have no access the to the file the least I can do is print them for you.
    when you turn the files to STL please make the structure into as many triangles as possible.(your program should do this automatically) it helps refine the print.
    I have learned my printer is capable of much more then most think.

your original uniframe could have been more refined in the STL file.
    pm for more info.(it will be quick)

******(by no means do I expect you to release me a *modifiable file, keep the restrictions it insures trust )

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I am planning on throwing some money at the finished product. I was just trying to propose a solution for the people looking for this to be sleeper-pnue compatible. I just want to see the project succeed so maybe we see more like it.

Again, props to all involved, if you build it they will come, shut up and take my money, etc.

Very interested in a airwalk style uniframe.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk View Post
    Very interested in a airwalk style uniframe.
    Excellent. That is the desgn Ive decided on. Seems to be more interest in it.
    Second prototype comes soon.

Any thoughts of doing a snatch grip/ hook on the back tail of frame? Figured since the frame extends back and kind of comes down, it would add a nice look to it.

Excellent. That is the desgn Ive decided on. Seems to be more interest in it.
    Second prototype comes soon.

I think I can see the future, maybe even hold it in my hands.

I'm definitely interested hope this keeps moving forward....

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    I'm definitely interested hope this keeps moving forward....
    Its all moving forward. Pretty fast as well. Ive made alot of small and a couple large changes. Probably have spent another 20 hours tweaking this thing to perfection. The parts are out for qoute now. Then prototype and test. Then preorder and build.

The frame is now pnue compliant. Has a really cool custom trigger to go with it. Possibly a couple of options as well.

Its all moving forward. Pretty fast as well. Ive made alot of small and a couple large changes. Probably have spent another 20 hours tweaking this thing to perfection. The parts are out for qoute now. Then prototype and test. Then preorder and build.

The frame is now pnue compliant. Has a really cool custom trigger to go with it. Possibly a couple of options as well.
    Pneu compliant......yeah. I bet you might have guessed my excitement.

You definitely got my interest!