Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    It doesnt work... sorry..

all mine
    you cant do worse then my prototype end test. lol
    unmeasured pressure test. I hit it with a hammer to see how the layer splits.
    then all stuff that isn't good gets shredded and scraped, garbage.
    dot have the facility to recycle my print scrap.

Weren't we supposed to have some assembled pics from bigevil at some point?

Thats very cool to be able to print your cad file to make the prototype.

Yes, Ive had some delays. But I believe I forgot to adjust something in the prototype. Been messing with it. Still going to send it to BE. But think I need to run thru one more prototype.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 03-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    Weren't we supposed to have some assembled pics from bigevil at some point?
    I got the triggers yesterday.. still waiting on the rest.

The one on the left looks awesome, the one on the right might be good too.

If ordering logistics and cost allow, I'd probably order a couple

Obviously not an issue for plastic triggers but for the metal ones, have you considered the possibility of increasing the trigger pivot OD to allow purchasers to add a thin wall delrin (or similar) bushing in there without the wall getting creepy?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    The one on the left looks awesome, the one on the right might be good too.

If ordering logistics and cost allow, I'd probably order a couple

Obviously not an issue for plastic triggers but for the metal ones, have you considered the possibility of increasing the trigger pivot OD to allow purchasers to add a thin wall delrin (or similar) bushing in there without the wall getting creepy?
    The one on the left is NOT for this frame. Its another project altogether. There is no way it will be for the Demon frames. It was just sent to B.E. for testing at the same time.

The one on the right is for the Demon frame.

Theres no need for a delrin bushing. These pivot just fine when made of aluminum.

The one on the left was a surprise, it looks a LOT like one I'm currently carving out for a pneumag. Yours is a bit deeper fore-aft than the one I'm making, wider too I think, mine is only 1/4"

The plastic isn't so much for friction as for feel... Not sure how to describe it. No big deal in any case thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Thats very cool to be able to print your cad file to make the prototype.
    yeah it is, that's why im here. lol

Working on it..

That look awesome........

The pictures great. It shows the height difference well. From what I recall the shift up is 1/2" - 5/8" I would have to check the model for exact.

Note: the front foregrip mount is not on the prototype. It will be on the final.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    The pictures great. It shows the height difference well. From what I recall the shift up is 1/2" - 5/8" I would have to check the model for exact.

Note: the front foregrip mount is not on the prototype. It will be on the final.
    printer is setup for a lot higher resolution prints . if you need another made, when you get it finished.

Any word?

Scotts not had the time to test it thoroughly yet.

Im getting everything inline so that when machine time frees up these can be made. Probably have a very expensive aluminum prototype made as one final check. Ive got quotes (which will change due to material costs). Ive got a rough sales structure laid out for those that only want some of the parts not all.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 04-21-2014 at 12:14 PM.

i have held this and totally agree so far with Scott's assessment of it so far. it is comfortable but at the time, it was not on gun. crazily, the 2 finger trigger is rather comfortable.

Im still on this. I found some minor things that needed to be tweaked. But have spent hours checking & rechecking again.

...and my source for air is currently out of commission for a bit. I was hoping to have it mounted to something to show off at LL7

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    ...and my source for air is currently out of commission for a bit. I was hoping to have it mounted to something to show off at LL7
    Take it with you anyway to show off. Let some of the people see the prototype.

Guys remember its a prototype. I did some major hacking on it already so its not the prettiest thing. There are several things on that frame that will differ from the final.

When you have it all said and done I will buy one from you if you don't mind! It looks sweet!

Just resurrecting this thread to see if there is any news on testing etc. Couger? KNM? BigEvil?

Was gonna wait for parts for pictures but I guess I need to post second prototypes being machined now. Hoping to have it soon.

Excellent!

I can make these parts for you if you interest. Aluminum machining might helpful to you. You can talk to me. I hope the finish on the parts is what you were asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Just resurrecting this thread to see if there is any news on testing etc. Couger? KNM? BigEvil?
    I'd like to second that - this looks VERY nice!
    respect!

Having the prototype made has fallen thru. Ive been in talks with another machinist to have it cut.

Cougar posted in the Uni-frame thread

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Having the prototype made has fallen thru. Ive been in talks with another machinist to have it cut.
    Oh...

Trust me im trying. Once i get the m86's behind me all my attention going to this project.