Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Uni-Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Its all numbers. I would have to make a certain amount to hit minimums. But I would have to sell them at a high price per part because I likely wouldn't sell them all.

If there was enough interest in that Yes I can make it. But it would probably be better for someone like Luke to make for the amount of interest.
    That makes sense. I could always have something printed out of plastic, since it would be purely cosmetic and not structural.

If you guys want a angled one or something like a RT one I can modify my CAD. I can check with my plastics guy to see if he would want to make these parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

On my side the original design is perfect (or almost prefect).

I don't like angled foregrip it's not natural for my hands, I've only one on my toxic/airwalk mag and it's only for the "look".
    Usually I like the RT foregrips but on this specific projet, I fear it would be too fat regarding the slim line of the "rail".

But, that's just my thought.

I can make these parts for you if you are not going to put air through them.
    pm me anyone interested and we can talk.

ill need to get the file and test print. and see how it comes out and such.
    but if its anything like the one I just do we should be good.

pm me if you have interest in this.

To clarify knownothingmags is referring to Foregrip adapters. I can CAD them up when I have time.

To clarify knownothingmags is referring to Foregrip adapters. I can CAD them up when I have time.
    yes this only, just the Foregrip adapters.

any chance you could do the internal LPR like the G-force frames…that gives you more room in the frame?

Price pending of course, I'd want a modified handgrip if you'd consider doing one for me. Failing that, I'd want an asa adaptor. I've no interest in the benchmark.

Man I hope we get our bonus this year

You once mentioned that talon triggers might be an option. Is that still likely, or would that now be too many choices?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    any chance you could do the internal LPR like the G-force frames…that gives you more room in the frame?
    Ill be honest I'm unfamiliar with the workings of the G force frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Price pending of course, I'd want a modified handgrip if you'd consider doing one for me. Failing that, I'd want an asa adaptor. I've no interest in the benchmark.

Man I hope we get our bonus this year

You once mentioned that talon triggers might be an option. Is that still likely, or would that now be too many choices?
    One off parts will incure a small design fee, and will not be Aluminum they will be printed plastic by knownothing mags. He has final say on part price and timeframe.

I'm thinking at this point I would rather use a trigger of my own design then outsource the parts.

I was looking through this thread and i use a company called solid concepts ( http://www.solidconcepts.com )to print metal parts all the time you are limited to Stainless Steel Inconel and Titanium, but if you want them to do some finish machining to a cad file or drawing they can do that to. If you are looking at their services and want info on metal printing look for their DMLS product (Direct Metal Laser Sintering). they usually turn plastic parts around for me at work in 1 day and metal parts are usually only a week and their prices are very reasonable for small projects. good luck with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer86 View Post
    I was looking through this thread and i use a company called solid concepts ( http://www.solidconcepts.com )to print metal parts all the time you are limited to Stainless Steel Inconel and Titanium, but if you want them to do some finish machining to a cad file or drawing they can do that to. If you are looking at their services and want info on metal printing look for their DMLS product (Direct Metal Laser Sintering). they usually turn plastic parts around for me at work in 1 day and metal parts are usually only a week and their prices are very reasonable for small projects. good luck with this project.
    thanks for the vote of confidence.

Nothing new about this project ?

With Knownothings situation its been slightly delayed. He is making me the test prototype.

Once I have that there will be some pictures of the prototype then testing. There is just enough changes that I want to make sure it works perfectly before opening a pre-order. Scott (BigEvil) is doing the testing and he has no problems telling me if it sucks or not.

Sorry for the delays.

Don't be sorry for that, there's no hurry ! I was just coming to the news !

KNM has to recover health first, that's the most important.

Take all the time you need for testing, that's the waranty to get a nice and perfectly working frame

im sending the stuff to you today keith,
    email me you addy again, I have it but not sure if ill find it.

I hope the finish on the parts is what you were asking for if not I can do it again.
    but they came out great.
    I think they are Purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    im sending the stuff to you today keith,
    email me you addy again, I have it but not sure if ill find it.

I hope the finish on the parts is what you were asking for if not I can do it again.
    but they came out great.
    I think they are Purdy.
    Thanks. Make sure its not gonna be a issue for you to get them out. I can wait if your not up to it.

Im sure whatever finish you managed is fine. Im only checking function. I only wanted pretty for the pictures and Im sure everyone here will understand if something not perfect looking.

couger, I just want to confirm that this run is reasonably definite (presuming that the testing works out and you can fill a pre-order). I'm planning a build around it that includes XMT's CF main body. So I wanted to check the status of this before I got on that pre order. Also, do you have a final plan for the foregrip?

While I'm blabbering, you are in NH correct? If you need an RTP or X-Valve platform to test these on I can lend you one (I'm in MA). I don't want to step on BE's toes, but it might be easier than shipping back on forth to Jersey.

LMK.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    couger, I just want to confirm that this run is reasonably definite (presuming that the testing works out and you can fill a pre-order). I'm planning a build around it that includes XMT's CF main body. So I wanted to check the status of this before I got on that pre order. Also, do you have a final plan for the foregrip?

While I'm blabbering, you are in NH correct? If you need an RTP or X-Valve platform to test these on I can lend you one (I'm in MA). I don't want to step on BE's toes, but it might be easier than shipping back on forth to Jersey.

LMK.
    As long as testing turns out good and a preorder can be filled. At this point I think I will need 15 ordered.

I appreciate the offer for testing but I rather use BigEvil for testing. With his knowledge he can spot a problem really quick.

I'll be for one, sure, I've the same project as PGOP with the XMT CF body (I already ordered mine ! ) !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Also, do you have a final plan for the foregrip?
    Sorry missed this. The I have a new version of the original foregrip. Much better.

I also have a VA that will accept any standard asa threaded foregrip. I have a very limited supply of Benchmark foregrips I plan to offer if they come apart nicely.

There will be a fairly complex options/pricing sturcture for these so those that want certain parts can get what they want.

Forgive me if this has already been answered but: the hole behind the trigger; is that for a pneumag MSV-2 actuation rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered but: the hole behind the trigger; is that for a pneumag MSV-2 actuation rod?
    Correct the 1/8" hole is for the actuator rod

Maybe I am alone in this but I would like the foregrip mounting area to be as wide as a standard rail so that other foregrip options are more compatible. Imagine trying to put a DW CF grip on it or something like an RPG stick grip. They would look out of place on that skinny rail.

Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    Maybe I am alone in this but I would like the foregrip mounting area to be as wide as a standard rail so that other foregrip options are more compatible. Imagine trying to put a DW CF grip on it or something like an RPG stick grip. They would look out of place on that skinny rail.

Just my $.02
    it sure would,
    but that's why I can,
    if I get enough interest to print stuff up for you to put those types of things on that rail so it doesn't look to out of place
    but im sure cougar20th with go into that some more.

no air option though on my parts

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post

Just my $.02

To go with a va area that wide I would need to start with a chunk approxamitly 1 1/4" thick. Most of that would get milled down to 3/4" thick. Some smaller. The cost of the material is a issue. But the cost to cut it dowb is more of a issue. Machine times not cheap.

The other reason it was done thin was because the design is to eliminate the rail. To have a small wide rail in the front wouldnt accomplish that.

If its something that got enough interst i can design a adapter and KNM can print the for people. Ive already descussed that with him am he is willing to do it. He will not print anything intended to hold pressure.

To go with a va area that wide I would need to start with a chunk approxamitly 1 1/4" thick. Most of that would get milled down to 3/4" thick. Some smaller. The cost of the material is a issue. But the cost to cut it dowb is more of a issue. Machine times not cheap.

The other reason it was done thin was because the design is to eliminate the rail. To have a small wide rail in the front wouldnt accomplish that.

If its something that got enough interst i can design a adapter and KNM can print the for people. Ive already descussed that with him am he is willing to do it. He will not print anything intended to hold pressure.
    you are the man

Make sure it is wide enough to cover the boss area around the front screw hole on the ULE bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    Make sure it is wide enough to cover the boss area around the front screw hole on the ULE bodies.
    lol you are telling him how to design stuff.
    just messin, he has it covered trust me.

Just didn't know what bodies it would be tested with and they all seem to have different cuts leaving a potential for a gap. It is less noticable with the standard feed ULE, but this was the only picture I had handy.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    Just pulled apart a couple mags to compare, and wow! I never realized there was such a difference between the vert and warp bodies.