If this is someone on here I apologize but I don't think these were 5 even when new.
IIRC they were about $900 new.
Originally Posted by debruynda
Silly price now, but I can see how someone could come up with that pricing if they paid full price new.
Yup 900 new back then. I druled over them when the adds hit. Bought mine used a year or so later.
Reading that post though someone could nail them for false advertising. I don't see a vertical feed or angel detents. Last I checked mine is not made of aluminum either. They can shoot a lot faster than 6 bps too.
They probably pulled the description for an RT from the internet, not realizing there's the newer RT pro
Well there is the classic RT which is what this is. There is the RTPro. And then there is the ULE RT. I'm guessing the description is the ULE RT. But if the seller halfway read what they were posting they would have known it was wrong.
Originally Posted by fullofpaint
I've gotten to where I don't post these anymore for fear of offending a member.
if the ebay seller was a member here, then:
Originally Posted by vintage
1) it would have been listed here before going on ebay
2) the seller would have know just the basics of being a original RT instead of listed obviously wrong description items.
3) the seller would have started to ask about what original RTs go for in today's market, before posting a ridiculous price.
4) offense, is never intended but correcting ones posts over false info, or even enlightening to ignorance does the community a world of good. everyone makes mistakes, so its ok to correct it. its how you word the response that matters.
5) ebay is the bastion of the uninitiated on the places to sell. so that person isn't here.
Holy crap I just saw the list price was 799 new back in 1997-98? But then again, when I bought my first standard mag with vert adapter in 1995 it was 425 so.....
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
I rather think that marker is stolen goods with that level of ignorance.