Thread: Funny?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Funny?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airgun-Desig...item3f2f4d41b7

If this is someone on here I apologize but I don't think these were 5 even when new.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airgun-Desig...item3f2f4d41b7

If this is someone on here I apologize but I don't think these were 5 even when new.
    IIRC they were about $900 new.

Silly price now, but I can see how someone could come up with that pricing if they paid full price new.

Yup 900 new back then. I druled over them when the adds hit. Bought mine used a year or so later.

Reading that post though someone could nail them for false advertising. I don't see a vertical feed or angel detents. Last I checked mine is not made of aluminum either. They can shoot a lot faster than 6 bps too.

They probably pulled the description for an RT from the internet, not realizing there's the newer RT pro

Quote Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
    They probably pulled the description for an RT from the internet, not realizing there's the newer RT pro
    Well there is the classic RT which is what this is. There is the RTPro. And then there is the ULE RT. I'm guessing the description is the ULE RT. But if the seller halfway read what they were posting they would have known it was wrong.

I've gotten to where I don't post these anymore for fear of offending a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    IIRC they were about $900 new.

Silly price now, but I can see how someone could come up with that pricing if they paid full price new.
    Holy crap I just saw the list price was 799 new back in 1997-98? But then again, when I bought my first standard mag with vert adapter in 1995 it was 425 so.....

I rather think that marker is stolen goods with that level of ignorance.