Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new body designs

Are these going to be designed for standard automag trigger frames or for Ego frames?

-grub

Renie, I'm always a fan of your work. Count me in for one!

I love the look and the idea that the detents and feedneck will be modernized... And I bet it would look great with my airwalk... But a question: I would never consider putting eyes in this. Would you make one without eye milling (or with some type of plug?) I would prefer to avoid any cavities for paint shells/gunk/oil/snow to get into.

I'm not sure if I can afford one of these... But if I can, my wife will be getting my tac.

Piece of advice on the detents - the Ego ones might be problematic with the lvl 10. If they don't clear the bolt easily, it might make the lvl 10 retract. Most of the guns that use these types of detents have small slots milled into the bolts to aid the detents and prevent premature wear. Most spoolers use a ball and spring type detent. You might want to consider the ones that the Axe uses if the ego ones don't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Piece of advice on the detents - the Ego ones might be problematic with the lvl 10. If they don't clear the bolt easily, it might make the lvl 10 retract. Most of the guns that use these types of detents have small slots milled into the bolts to aid the detents and prevent premature wear. Most spoolers use a ball and spring type detent. You might want to consider the ones that the Axe uses if the ego ones don't work out.
    That's a good point. J4 Torque detents look like an excellent option as well.

good thinking Big Evil, ill make the prototype with the ego style ones and see how they perform, its easy to change to a circular sprung type detent like the creed/demon use would be an easy conversion

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    good thinking Big Evil, ill make the prototype with the ego style ones and see how they perform, its easy to change to a circular sprung type detent like the creed/demon use would be an easy conversion
    Just make sure whatever you go with is readily available. :

Just make sure whatever you go with is readily available for years to come. :
    fixed.

Correct me if I am wrong. If people are utilizing the eyes then you could go with a lvl 7 bolt and this would solve that problem. I realize that some people might not run eyes and lvl 10 would be a nice back up but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. If people are utilizing the eyes then you could go with a lvl 7 bolt and this would solve that problem. I realize that some people might not run eyes and lvl 10 would be a nice back up but just wondering.
    Truthfully, in my experience running a lvl 7 over a 10 is always a bad idea. Just the weight difference alone is enough to have a drastic difference in kick, and multiply that by a higher rate of fire and it only gets worst. Plus, even to this day, a lvl10 is STILL one of the best bolt systems to use on fragile paint.

If anyone would want to run eyes, I would recommend a lvl 10 with the stock lvl7 spring for the best of both worlds.

Truthfully, in my experience running a lvl 7 over a 10 is always a bad idea. Just the weight difference alone is enough to have a drastic difference in kick, and multiply that by a higher rate of fire and it only gets worst. Plus, even to this day, a lvl10 is STILL one of the best bolt systems to use on fragile paint.

If anyone would want to run eyes, I would recommend a lvl 10 with the stock lvl7 spring for the best of both worlds.
    Yeah I didn't think about the weight part of it.

I used to run a level 7 on my egomag with eyes and never missed a beat, even with brittle paint but you cant go wrong with the level 10
    didn't I see somewhere a milled level 7 bolt to make it lighter?

I don't plan on using eyes though hopefully the detents can withstand

I don't plan on using eyes either. I'd like to keep my mag strictly mech. Who knows though, maybe I'll change my mind later on and choose to use eyes. Never know. Nice thing is, the option is there if I choose to use it.

Aren't the spyder and ego fang detents basically the same other than the oval vs round recess? Also arent the spyder detents what is used on a docs adaptor? Has anyone had a problem with them?

My spyder detents came in today for me to mill up my retrofit to get away from wire nubbins in my TL barrels. Only doing one barrel for now as a test dumbie. If all works well I plan to convert my TL freaks to the fang.

Beautiful body BTW. But necesarry parts are money priority to me along with game time. So no flashy body for me.

Looks great Renie - I would be up for one of these

Another thought for the detent, not my idea it was actually Nobody's idea.

Look at the Tippmann 98 detents. Since they fold down on themselves and effectively get out of their own way it may be a logical style to use.

...go kill yourself...

my prototype will be made with ego style detents and will be fully tested before I commit to the final run

got the lowers waiting for testing, just ship it over

been busy trying to finish this unibody what you guys think of the latest design

hmmm... this thing is going to need a flippin'sexy new modern E-frame for it with an OLED...

wait, what????

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    got the lowers waiting for testing, just ship it over
    Lowers for testing? What lowers? Call me intrigued

hmmm... this thing is going to need a flippin'sexy new modern E-frame for it with an OLED...

wait, what????

already been working on that too with the lpr built in forgrip which I originally started on

already been working on that too with the lpr built in forgrip which I originally started on
    Hah! I might as well split my paycheck between you, Luke and XMT, if you guys keep at it like this. But at least I don't have to pay customs fees on your stuff.

I'll have to refinance the house

Between this body, a uni frame, and some other things folks are working on I may have to sell a kidney and half of my liver.

I know its kinda old thread but I just seen it and love that unibody..

Not so old !

I think Renie is still working on it !

Many of us are waiting for it !

Absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    Not so old !

I think Renie is still working on it !

Many of us are waiting for it !
    Yes still working on it sorry for the delay i have a few family issues which have been eating up my free time, just finishing off the sear pin details and a little bit of model tidying then im good to prototype