Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: XULE Carbon Fiber Body Pre-order

I have a limited qty of these 2 piece bodies in stock. If anyone wants one NOW is a the time!!! I really doubt I will be making a 2nd batch...and if I do it will be a year away.
    Last edited by Xmagterror; 07-11-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Payment sent and you have a PM.
    Thanks

xmag, I'm sending swe crazy a package soon. shipping the body to me will be cheaper and will add no extra cost to my package to him

To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

I just sent payment for my carbon fiber body

image.jpg

Well it still needs quite a bit of final finish work (on my parts), but I'm going to test and tune it before I do that

Because hey, you never know
    Last edited by Spiritchaser; 07-22-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    image.jpg

Well it still needs quite a bit of final finish work (on my parts), but I'm going to test and tune it before I do that

Because hey, you never know
    What's that front grip you have there?

3/4 plate + hack saw, file, dremel, 10-32 tap set and sandpaper

+1 for the hand skills

Good eye for design as well.

Thanks!

It looks less clean and purposeful than the body, and that's a bit of a mismatch, but I'm hoping that after finishing and anno it'll be good enough

I am digging that grip as well nice job!

Here is my work in progress, should have some more fresh goodies coming for it soon!
    Come on M86 frame

any news on the one piece bodies?
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

Still need a bunch of parts, but heres a mock up

DSCF1061_zpsce4b88f3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    any news on the one piece bodies?
    They are in the works. I would say im about half way done with them. Did you say you want all 6 of your one piece bodie to be un-anodized?

BTW.....I aquired an xmag barrel of my own so i will be sending yours with your bodies. I traded an emag battery for it. I finished the milling on the xmag style tip for my dye titanium gluded barrel. Looks sweet. I have plans to find some blanks and do what we talked about. Its all a numbers game though.

Quote Originally Posted by tranman View Post

DSCF1061_zpsce4b88f3.jpg
    Sweet!! All your guys guns look great. Hope you like the bodies. they were time consuming and a challenge to make but im happy with the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    They are in the works. I would say im about half way done with them. Did you say you want all 6 of your one piece bodie to be un-anodized?

BTW.....I aquired an xmag barrel of my own so i will be sending yours with your bodies. I traded an emag battery for it. I finished the milling on the xmag style tip for my dye titanium gluded barrel. Looks sweet. I have plans to find some blanks and do what we talked about. Its all a numbers game though.
    all I hear is awesome.
    im sorry was never able to help with the blanks.
    5 of them for sure. I need to touch base with a buddy for the 6th one I get back to you. tomorrow.
    I need some of those barrels I think im not sure yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post

Here is my work in progress, should have some more fresh goodies coming for it soon!
    Come on M86 frame
    Nice work. but you wont be able to beat up the Aloha mag like it's used to. And what is it with those sight rails that we can never seem to keep track of all the screws. I have 2 and only 9 screws when I know I started will all of them.
    Last edited by Runamok; 07-25-2014 at 02:33 AM. Reason: don't argue with the Editor!
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I would ask when I could expect mine, But having made several foregrips from scratch myself,by the same method, I know the time and aggravation involved. Very nice. I seem to lack the design gene, I just have crazy ideas.

Heh, my wife actually suggested I might enjoy making them on the side, and we'd certainly enjoy a few extra dollars for a treat here and there.

Then I told her how many hours it took to make.

I think a parking meter makes more per hour

It did at least re-open the discussion about maybe getting a little conventional mill sometime though, lol

DSCF1061_zpsce4b88f3.jpg
    I think that's going to be really slick with that frame and rail.

Are you going to anno that rail black, or clear silver, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Nice work. but you wont be able to beat up the Aloha mag like it's used to. And what is it with those sight rails that we can never seem to keep track of all the screws. I have 2 and only 9 screws when I know I started will all of them.

Good eye and very true, aloha mag bits will be replaced! I bought a box of them from mcmaster so I should be good for a while, if you need a couple pm me your address and I can send a few in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Good eye and very true, aloha mag bits will be replaced! I bought a box of them from mcmaster so I should be good for a while, if you need a couple pm me your address and I can send a few in the mail
    As you know, once you've spent that many hours cleaning them, you recognize them. I bought 2 from Brandon and once I got them I just oiled them and lo and behold! they worked! then I tore them down and cleaned,rebuilt, and oiled again and they worked even better. So far I've only done small changes, intelly frames, macro line, and Cp off/on asa's. Nothing beats a Mag that you don't have to worrying about. You can just balls off into the worst brush and know your guns going to be fine. And they make great loaners. LMK what pieces you got I would like to find another L 10 bolt and pwr tube tip. bolt spring and carrier would also be a plus.

I think that's going to be really slick with that frame and rail.

Are you going to anno that rail black, or clear silver, or something else?
    Most likely black anodized gloss

Most likely black anodized gloss
    Yeah, that was very much my plan, but now that I see all the parts together and how they look next to the body, I'm very tempted to go silver, or perhaps a light gloss graphite.

Ah well, still need to spend a few games tweaking the trigger etc. before deciding

Two piece bodies have been done now for aprox. 3 weeks. If you pre-ordered a body and have not paid you balance please do so.
    I will be sending PayPal payment requests to all those that still owe. You will have 30 days to pay your balance before you body is sold to someone else.

Got my two piece and it looks awesome. One question, is the back section on CF supposed to be attached in some way? Mine just slides off, which I guess makes it a three piece.

Haha yes I guess it really is 3 pieces. Two pieces of carbon fiber was my thought.
    I opted to not glue the tubes on...it gives you anodizing options. Use epoxy if you want to glue it.

Any updates for the one piece bodies?

They are in the works. Making the special tools to put them together. Just about all the machined components are left. Taking slightly longer than expected. You can't rush quality.