Thread: PTP Benckmark Frame Fit Question

PTP Benckmark Frame Fit Question

I am looking to buy a benchmark single trigger frame from PTP but am confused.

What is the difference between the 3: RT, RT Pro, MM2000/MM2K9?

From their website: "Please note that the RT frame fits Automag RT/RT Pro and Micromag 2000/MM2k9. Standard Automag/Classsic and pre-2k Micromag style frames are sold out at this time."

http://www.proteamdirect.com/noname2.html

I am looking to use this on a regular old AGD Minimag.

The "RT" model would have a large rear frame hole, to accommodate the banjo bolt which feeds air to the valve.

The "RT Pro" and "Micro2000/MM2K9" options are both meant for flat bottom rails, which do not allow for the 'wings' which early Micromags require, and which slot into classic rails.

Long story short, they do not currently have the frame that you need - while the RT Pro/MM models would technically function, they would not look right.

I guess I'm confused. I currently have the AGD Intelliframe on it, its flat as well. Wouldn't that be the same functionally as the RTPro frame they are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    I guess I'm confused. I currently have the AGD Intelliframe on it, its flat as well. Wouldn't that be the same functionally as the RTPro frame they are selling?
    Yes and no.

Functionally, the RT Pro version would be fine, but being wider at the top than an AGD frame, there would be a gap when installed - it would hang over the rail. See my quick MS PAINT below.

The Micromag version would not work at all, as it doesn't have a hole for the twistlock assembly.