Thread: rt effect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

rt effect

I have 2 rt classics(well 3 actually but one is still new in the box and staying that way) and neither one will rt on 850psi. just how much pressure is needed to get them to rt reasonably well? I have a 1200 psi coming but want to save it for special occasions plus I can waste enough paint on semi only but it would be nice to be able to get them to rt once in a while without needing that much pressure. also anyone have an idea on about how many shots you can get out of a 68/4500 tank in the 850 psi and higher pressures?

the output of the pressure of the tank will not matter with "how many shots will I get" as the same ammount of air will still be behind the ball for each shot. the higher pressure will just make the air flow faster into the dump chamber, thus creating a greater rt effect

BT is correct. Input pressure won't affect amount of shots for the most part. It will affect the pressure at which your velocity will start being affected though.

As far as RT effect. I used to run my classic RT (97 model if I remember correct) with 1000 psi input. No one at my field could control the trigger bounce except me. Since I started playing again I've been running it at 900. Still easy bounce. But the full on bounce isn't horrid mi d blowing fast. With an 850psi preset crossfire tank it bounces just fine also. So it makes me wonder what the setup difference is with yours that keeps them from bouncing.

As far as I can tell there is no magic number. Every valve seems to be different. With my Nitro-Duck adjustable and my Crossfire 850 preset I could not get any of my RT's to "RT". Now I'm running an SHP at 1100 and Ninja Pro at 850. My RT's (X and classic) both RT with either tank. The classic was so severe that I decided to pnue it to make it usable again. This leads me to believe that pressure alone is not the only tank side variable. Flow and recharge must also be very important.

Valve on/off pin length effects it too. Shorter pin makes it more reactive.... to a point. I know I had read somewhere years ago how the early automagRTs had a shorter on/off pin than the ones sold later on. Don't know if that is true or not. But I do know my classic automag rt is far more reactive than the RTPro I had bought for a backup gun was back then.

Do not mess with the on/off pin length. The RT effect becomes much more easier to find as you increase the incoming pressure into the marker. You need a good "old school" adjustable reg on your tank, like an Armageddon or a Centerflag, that can keep up with the gun. Most of the new regs out there cannot flow enough air to really RT your gun. I have run 1500 psi thru my X-Valve with no issues. To see what I'm talking about, go to youtube and search for Zak Vetter. He has broken down everything you need to do to make your RT go like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Flow and recharge must also be very important.
    It is. You can put 1000-1100 psi on the valve, but if the tank regulator doesn't keep up, you may be lucky to get a second shot on the reactive bounce. ASAs with pinholes for passages and very heavy wall hoses with narrow passages can starve the valve also. Adjustable regs are nice to play with and dial the rate of fire up and down, but you usually end up setting it in one place. When the ninjas came out, I was happy to shelf my max-flo inline just because of the maintenance around the poppet and cup. Best of all, it just looks like a plain "old mag" with a standard tank on it. Since it can only possibly fool the kids that care about such things, it's perfect.

1200 psi and its a beast.